Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Ironscarfs Ghost at 5:24PM, Jan. 22, 2011
(offline)
skoolmunkee
seventy2
it's like british biscuits. if they came here and asked for a biscuit for desert, they'd be sad at what they got.

They wouldn't ask for a biscuit for dessert (those are for teatime). But they would ask for a pudding. And then they'd be disappointed with what they got.

in england, pudding=generalized ‘dessert’ word, though there's a basis there for suet-based desserts or something. and what Americans know as pudding they call “delight” and is not too popular, they go for the step-up of mousse.

Step up of mousse? That's what we put on our hair! A pudding should look like this:

Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Aurora Borealis at 8:06PM, Jan. 22, 2011
(online)
chinchatcomics
Aurora Borealis
I took a little detour from coloring (which was going damn slow 1-2 pages a day) and decided to do flats first… as a result I have only five pages left to flat for tonight and tomorrow actual coloring commences!

But yeah, I am getting sick of working in color.

*shakes head on the whole pokemon/card games discussion cause he'd rather waste money on comics* :)

I'm actually the opposite. I'm sick of working in Black and White!!

Let's trade, I'll be doing my comics b/w and you can do yours in color… AFTER you color these 34 pages I drew and can't seem to finish!

(speaking of that, I'm disappointed in how the third page looks like and rather unhappy with the overall direction, sooo I'm redoing them tomorrow, ugh)

I need to figure out which flat colors look great in print (and which don't) so I can keep my coloring a bit more flat from now on…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
elektro at 8:33PM, Jan. 22, 2011
(offline)
My friend has a panel at a convention in Milwaukee next month, and the panel is a dramatic reading of a couple different chapters of different manga books. The one that I'm helping him out with is a chapter of the Ghostbusters “manga” which was made to promote the video game. I don't know, or really have much of an interest to know, much about manga, but I know when something is bad, and this was BAAAAAAD. Perfect snark-worthy material for the con.

I also found myself a new favorite band tonight. I'm looking into trying to buy this album before the end of this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PakoE1eBps&hd=1
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Skullbie at 11:36PM, Jan. 22, 2011
(online)
I'm trying to create a giant ass sticker of some of my artwork. I thought it would look really badass on my trading card folder but I'm not sure where to get giant sticker paper…

I guess I could always have wal-mart print it out on glossy paper and glue it, but that's a little ghetto. Unless i could find…sticker glue!

edit: apparently office max has sticker paper. Who would have suspected the office supply store?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:35AM, Jan. 23, 2011
(offline)
Skullbie
…trying…giant ass sticker…artwork…badass…trading card folder…giant sticker paper…wal-mart…ghetto…
…Just felt like quoting those words.

I still am hoping to get views on HERE (funny because the link is below):

http://www.youtube.com/user/BobTheRainKing

and that is all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
KomradeDave at 10:15AM, Jan. 23, 2011
(online)
As far as biscuits, jell-o, jelly, jam, and delight are concern, let's ignore differences of definition and just agree that they are fantastic.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
HippieVan at 6:11PM, Jan. 23, 2011
(online)
Math exam tomorrow morning. D: Wish me luck!

Got my little sister to watch The Twilight Zone with me. : ) I don't think I've ever seen an episode that I didn't like. (But my favourite is Passage for a Trumpet, if anyone is interested.)
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 7:12PM, Jan. 23, 2011
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
http://www.youtube.com/user/BobTheRainKing
You sure do like to ramble away… But the singing was excellent! Well done man!

Hippie Van
Passage for a Trumpet
That sounds like a great euphemism for a farty bum :)

———

I hate cutting my nails and shaving, but I do it of course because I don't want a shaggy beard or claws. I wish my nails and facial hair would just stay at nice manageable self maintaining lengths like the rest of my hair! >_<
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
A Reaver at 8:20PM, Jan. 23, 2011
(online)
Ironscarfs Ghost
Step up of mousse? That's what we put on our hair!

?

Also since we're on the topic of deserts can anyone tell me what the hell angel delight is classified as?!
Im addicted to it. Ever since I found out that I can get it from Tesco for 27p a pack.

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
KomradeDave at 8:21PM, Jan. 23, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van
But my favourite is Passage for a Trumpet, if anyone is interested.

Very interested. I'm a fan of ‘The Gift’ and ‘One For the Angels’ (I believe that's the title on the second one).

dishadashadishadashadishadashadishadasha

Hair an claws are separate men from bears, Ozone. Which are you, man or bear?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
Ozoneocean at 9:20PM, Jan. 23, 2011
(online)
KomradeDave
Hair an claws are separate men from bears, Ozone. Which are you, man or bear?
Hang on a mo… isn't “bear” slang for a big hairy lumberjack/biker type gay man?

They're funny :)
Noo, I doubt I could pass for one of them.
bravo1102 at 11:01PM, Jan. 23, 2011
(offline)
Another weekend gone. I'm on the verge of tears all the time as if the weight of the sadness of the world was on my shoulders. Yuck.
—–

Trying to write and maybe do something that is worth a bucket of warm spit. Just keep pounding out words on the keyboard and maybe something will develop.

—–
My hair has gotten long and since I've been growing out my sideburns so I look like Confederate General Lewis Armistead. If I had any spare money I'd invest in a Confederate General's uniform.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
skoolmunkee at 1:28AM, Jan. 24, 2011
(offline)
A Reaver
Also since we're on the topic of deserts can anyone tell me what the hell angel delight is classified as?!
Im addicted to it. Ever since I found out that I can get it from Tesco for 27p a pack.

The white fluffy stuff? That is closest to what americans know as kool whip, which is a chemically-laden fake whipped cream type thing, it's good for making fluffy kinds of desserts. In america it comes pre-whipped in tubs in the fridge section, and can be frozen. Mmm chemicals!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Ironscarf at 2:10AM, Jan. 24, 2011
(offline)
A Reaver
?

Naturally, I wouldn't leave the house without fat hair:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
A Reaver at 4:31AM, Jan. 24, 2011
(online)
skoolmunkee
A Reaver

The white fluffy stuff? That is closest to what americans know as kool whip, which is a chemically-laden fake whipped cream type thing, it's good for making fluffy kinds of desserts. In america it comes pre-whipped in tubs in the fridge section, and can be frozen. Mmm chemicals!

Delicious chemicals.

Ironscarf
A Reaver
?

Naturally, I wouldn't leave the house without fat hair:

But does it come in chocolate?

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
Skullbie at 8:00AM, Jan. 24, 2011
(online)
Omg i started bidding on things on ebay and it totally plays with your head. Like I was bidding $1.05 on a 99c item hoping to deter away people seeing ‘99c? How cheap!’ and then it still showed .99c.

It's mine i tell you! Mine!

Doodstormer at 8:27AM, Jan. 24, 2011
(online)
Skullbie
Omg i started bidding on things on ebay and it totally plays with your head. Like I was bidding $1.05 on a 99c item hoping to deter away people seeing ‘99c? How cheap!’ and then it still showed .99c.

It's mine i tell you! Mine!

I think on eBay the bidding is a maximum bid. So if somebody else comes and bids $1.04, it'll go up to $1.05 because of your bid.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Ozoneocean at 9:20AM, Jan. 24, 2011
(online)
Ebay… There have ben plenty of times when I've wanted something bad, bid on it when no one else has and the price is really low… then two days before the end some dick comes along and outbids me, then another… But I bide my time and wait.
I long in in the last 10 minutes and wait for the final 10 seconds and WHAM, I win the thing out from under their very noses.

Gets you heart racing… the anticipation gets you antzy.
But getting up at 3.30am just for an auction is a little trying sometimes.
Skullbie at 9:46AM, Jan. 24, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
I long in in the last 10 minutes and wait for the final 10 seconds and WHAM, I win the thing out from under their very noses.

Oh I'm planning on doing that but I bet the other guy is too…LET IT BEGIN >:V

I'm off to make stickers.
lefarce at 6:00PM, Jan. 24, 2011
(online)
So I just learned that Scouts Honor came out in 2009, and didn't get a DVD release until now (I assume because it's so goddamn awful). I sure am glad someone decided to devote five ad spaces to really shitty products. I'm calling it now, the next rotation will be Saw 3D on DVD.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Genejoke at 11:55PM, Jan. 24, 2011
(online)
lefarce
So I just learned that Scouts Honor came out in 2009, and didn't get a DVD release until now (I assume because it's so goddamn awful). I sure am glad someone decided to devote five ad spaces to really shitty products. I'm calling it now, the next rotation will be Saw 3D on DVD.

Or American pie; revenge of the raped pie.

And before you google it, I made that one up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
bravo1102 at 4:17AM, Jan. 25, 2011
(offline)
Skullbie
ozoneocean

Oh I'm planning on doing that but I bet the other guy is too…LET IT BEGIN >:V

I'm off to make stickers.

That kind of atitude is what makes ebay such a pain in the butt for those of us who say “this what I'm gonna pay.” and then some sniper bids 3 cents over. I hope they enjoy it because I'll end up buying it at a swap meet for half of what I would have paid at ebay and with no postage. I can control that conpunction to have it just to beat the other guy and I am the superior person! cue rueful laughter born of the frustration of being beaten so many times on ebay and needing to rationialize my state of defeat and resulting worthlessness. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
seventy2 at 6:09AM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
i had a dream i had telekinesis. i used it to show off, until some guy hit on my wife in front of me. i tried to use it against him but he was like “i'm resistive” and i had an angry power up, and slammed his head into a wall. then i was like “let's leave before he wakes up” and he, no one did, and when he woke up, he wrestled me, and i took him to the ground, i got him on his back and started punching and hitting his face and he said “whoa whoa, we're not supposed to mix fighting styles” then the cop showed up, and took my side of the story, and went inside to get his, and i woke up.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
elektro at 8:23AM, Jan. 25, 2011
(offline)
lefarce

Nah, I'm calling for the next rotation to be the DVD release of “After Last Season”, a movie that's destined to be the next “The Room” in terms of being a laughably bad indie film.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Skullbie at 9:49AM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
bravo1102
That kind of atitude is what makes ebay such a pain in the butt for those of us who say “this what I'm gonna pay.” and then some sniper bids 3 cents over. I hope they enjoy it because I'll end up buying it at a swap meet for half of what I would have paid at ebay and with no postage. I can control that conpunction to have it just to beat the other guy and I am the superior person! cue rueful laughter born of the frustration of being beaten so many times on ebay and needing to rationialize my state of defeat and resulting worthlessness. lol!

I ended up losing anyways. Won my first bid by sniping and then the other 5 had 2 other snipers.

I would have ended up paying 3-4$ea on cards I was hoping to get for 1.25 so it works out.

seventy2 at 2:55PM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
Pssst. I am the new salsa. I am now running the XXXIX mafia game, and would love for 2-4 of you people to sign up. I promise it will be just as fun as my dreams.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
KomradeDave at 3:43PM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
I'm with Bravo, I stopped the online bidding stuff a couple of years ago when I noticed many of the things I was bidding on were available at my local pawn/thrift shops for much less than the auctions ended at. I did become a bit of a yardsale whore in the in between period there, but I'm on the wagon for that.

The command I'm currently at does not have range access, and I therefore have not fired a rife in a military capacity in the last 3 years. The strings are finally being pulled for me to go requalify, so I'm giddy like a schoolgirl with a crush.

For the past two weeks ‘Jambalaya’ by Hank Williams has been stuck in my head. I haven't been able to get it out.
gullas at 4:03PM, Jan. 25, 2011
(offline)
So i got fired from my job…. for not paying for candy that I ate. Oh well, guess I can do stuff or something…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
kyupol at 7:02PM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
When I walk around, I start seeing all the “1”s and “0”s on everything. The more I realize I live in a… matrix :)

I musta popped a whole bottle of red pills. lol
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
HippieVan at 8:46PM, Jan. 25, 2011
(online)
Had a good day at work today. Worked with my manager, who is awesome. Got some free dog food and birdseed(I haven't paid for dry food in ages, actually). Get to bring a bunch of written-off stuff to the humane society later this week. And got lots done, which always feels good.

You know what sucks, though? Upselling. At least most of the things I'm supposed to sell are good quality so I'm pretty comfortable with suggesting them to people, but I always feel like we're turning off our regular customers when we do that.

RIP Jack LaLanne. : (
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon