Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Re: #drunkduck @ irc.sorcery.net
Randal at 6:56AM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
The following is something I posted in the comments section of IRC on 5-6-07. I thought it would be a good idea to reiterate it here.

Randal
In light of recent events, I'd like to get this out in the clear. #drunkduck is a place for funny people to unwind and have some fun. The majority of us do that by ribbing each other and we have a lot of fun that way. Yes, along the way we talk about comics and art and movies and games… or whatever. We're not a one trick pony.

That said… If you have a problem being riffed on or lightheartedly teased or are easily offended, then I must warn you, this is not the room for you. If you can't handle being jokingly accused of raping chickens and then turn around and admit you only like cornish hens, I think you'd be happier elsewhere. #nightgig might be more up your alley in that case.
-Posted on May 06, 2007

Another aprepeau quote is from AnonymousPosterChild (aka Jebus) made in the chat room during the above mentioned recent events. (in response to someone's declared personal flaws and insecurities…)

because we aren't your babysitters. We aren't here to molly-coddle you and all your personal issues. this isn't #oprah

If you have personal issues and deep rooted problems, we sympathize with you. We really do. But there are places to go to get support for those things. #drunkduck is not one of them. There's a reason psychiatrists hold sessions in quiet office buildings instead of down at the Comedy Castle.

I'm not going to drag the other person's name into this. If they feel like being outed here, they can do it on their own.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Ozoneocean at 7:27AM, May 6, 2007
(online)
Oh why oh why did you have to bring this into the open? :(
Just because I revealed I had been abducted and molested by aliens you guys didn't have to make fun of me!
You're all so mean. :( :( :(

lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Alexis at 7:35AM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
Oh why oh why did you have to bring this into the open? :(
Just because I revealed I had been abducted and molested by aliens you guys didn't have to make fun of me!
You're all so mean. :( :( :(

lol!

LOL, and Oprah wouldn't yell at me like this! All I wanted to do was talk to you guys about Sienceology!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Hijuda at 8:22AM, May 6, 2007
(online)
Drunkduck has an IRC?

*Runs off*

EDIT: I just realized that I have no idea how to use IRC. I R teh ph41l…
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Phantom Penguin at 8:30AM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
I gotta get on this thing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Red Slayer at 11:54AM, May 6, 2007
(online)
Hijuda
Drunkduck has an IRC?

*Runs off*

EDIT: I just realized that I have no idea how to use IRC. I R teh ph41l…
You are so full of flail.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
Hijuda at 11:58AM, May 6, 2007
(online)
Red Slayer
You are so full of flail.

You're full of stuff. :D
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
Randal at 1:23PM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
yes, there is an IRC. there is also a comic based on chat called… IRC.

Please don't jokingly say “it was me.” It's not a joke and despite what that person may think, I do feel for their problems.

However… I can't have the room and everyone in it pull a 180 and change how we behave in there to suit the needs of one person who's mental stability requires them not to step outside their box and join in on our shenanigans. It's creates an atmosphere similar to say… having your grandma sit in on your bachelor party.

If any of the rest of you would like to join us though, and don't mind goofing around with us… which can get pretty bad sometimes… stop on by and shoot the shit with us. Again, if you're not able to jokingly admit the stuff we foist upon each other and shoot it right back at us, please find another chat room. To that one person who was having a hard time with that aspect of chat… again, I'm sorry we couldn't see eye to eye.
marine at 10:20PM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
It was me. I'm a homosexual African American amputee midget with down syndrome and herpes. You just had to call me names and mock me. You monsters. Its like something from that horrible webcomic.

I'll be there to hand out the insults, and take the blame for it. Just like old times.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Randal at 6:45PM, May 8, 2007
(offline)
Marine… I just got done… never mind. you wouldn't listen anyway. Why bother?
Will at 1:44AM, May 9, 2007
(online)
Randal
Marine… I just got done… never mind. you wouldn't listen anyway. Why bother?

dont worry Randal, Marine is what's known as an “Epic Fail Guy” or EFG by regular 4-channers, my advice is take no notice of him, just act as if he's not there.
Will
putting your own quote into your sig is the post pretentious and pathetic thing anyone could ever do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
skoolmunkee at 6:24AM, May 9, 2007
(offline)
So it sounds like what you're saying is that someone is welcome to come there and chat with other drunk duckers if they don't mind the juvenile humor of being teased and treated in ways they've asked not to be? Sounds kinda disrespectful and unwelcoming to me. Well at least you've warned everyone.

I'm glad it's an unofficial chatroom anyway. :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
Hijuda at 12:34PM, May 9, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
So it sounds like what you're saying is that someone is welcome to come there and chat with other drunk duckers if they don't mind the juvenile humor of being teased and treated in ways they've asked not to be? Sounds kinda disrespectful and unwelcoming to me.

The main draw is that you get to be just as mean and insulting right back to them. It's an asshole paradise. :D
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
Randal at 7:15PM, May 9, 2007
(offline)
It's not as bad or as often as it's been made to sound, SM. It's usually certain times of day when certain people are on. And no, Hijuda, It's not an asshole's paradise. There's a difference between kidding around and just being an asshole.

What happened was the party involved was so excited to be one of the gang that they hopped right in with the old timers (who mainly rag on each other for fun and are nicer to newcomers…) and found that they could dish it out but not take it. They felt people were getting too personal, so they got personal back. they were also going spastic with colors and spamming a lot. Recently, when this person came back, assuring me they learned how to take a joke, things resumed yet they found they couldn't take what they thought and they got personal about it again in a big way.

When people don't mess with the others and make it clear that they don't want to be messed with, they're left alone. But when they mess with people thinking it won't come back to them, that's just naive.

In all the time I've been running chat (both official and now unofficial… a few years now) I've only ever had to permanently ban two people over this. It's not like this kind of drama happens all the time. The first time was so long ago that I can't even remember who it was. (No, I don't need another round of ‘it was me..’s )

Will… I Know. I've been chatting with Marine for about four years now…

skoolmunkee at 5:56AM, May 10, 2007
(offline)
Randal
When people don't mess with the others and make it clear that they don't want to be messed with, they're left alone. But when they mess with people thinking it won't come back to them, that's just naive.

Well, this is the part I was worried about. :) I'm glad it isn't quite as free-for-all as the first post made it sound, haha. It didn't seem like the most welcoming invitation. T_T

I think “If you can't take the heat” is a pretty general rule to follow for a lot of things really.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
marine at 9:09AM, May 10, 2007
(offline)
I remember who it was that got banned.

Has it really been four years Randal? No wonder I really want to sell.
Will at 9:09AM, May 12, 2007
(online)
marine

EPIC THREAD GO!!!11

i givez joo 5 internetz!

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Shoop da Whoop!

Caturday!

on topic: hmm, only two people ever? well i guess if you took into consideration non permenant bans it would be a larger number…

randal is right though… we dont go out of our way to rip on people, its just fun to argue, and hilarious to spontaniously insult :D. when people cant see the differance between a hilarious insult and a personal attack, theyre probably not going to fit in in #drunkduck.

i mean its not like we make fun of randal for being a trucker ALL the time…

*checks logs*

*looks at IRC comic*

ok, randals the exception, but thats because hes like…200 years old or something… and an 18-wheeler… and an animal sodomiser… and the poler opposite of frogs…

i must go to toilet now, cyas
Will
putting your own quote into your sig is the post pretentious and pathetic thing anyone could ever do.
Ozoneocean at 9:24AM, May 12, 2007
(online)
Ore hedo appu oite anata sennyo chikotsu zubon bu-tsu!!!!

Kyou ore shisatsu reikei's koumaru…

Bakani ore ai geketsu. :)

Good times, good times…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
marine at 9:38AM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
Will
marine

EPIC THREAD GO!!!11

i givez joo 5 internetz!

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Shoop da Whoop!

Caturday!

on topic: hmm, only two people ever? well i guess if you took into consideration non permenant bans it would be a larger number…

randal is right though… we dont go out of our way to rip on people, its just fun to argue, and hilarious to spontaniously insult :D. when people cant see the differance between a hilarious insult and a personal attack, theyre probably not going to fit in in #drunkduck.

i mean its not like we make fun of randal for being a trucker ALL the time…

*checks logs*

*looks at IRC comic*

ok, randals the exception, but thats because hes like…200 years old or something… and an 18-wheeler… and an animal sodomiser… and the poler opposite of frogs…

i must go to toilet now, cyas

Murk loar trip fag.
Will at 5:11PM, May 12, 2007
(online)
marine i am amazed at your unique ability to post less then five words into a thread and still contribute fully to the discussion at hand…

you should SO get a medal…
Will
marine at 3:58AM, May 13, 2007
(offline)
tl;dr

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon