last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
Bittenbymonk at 3:01PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(offline)
HOLY POO. that is just too cool
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
Custard Trout at 3:24PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(offline)
That'd be a great party trick.

I wonder if it's possible to make bigger ones and juggle them.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 5:03PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(offline)
Signz
:O

:D
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
SpANG at 5:27PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(online)
Another responsible video posted by YouTube.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
HippieVan at 6:32PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(online)
SpANG

And another responsible teenager following along with it. :D

(as soon as I can get my hands on some lighter fluid)
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
SeriousQuiche at 8:52PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(offline)
My inner pyro is squealing with joy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Custard Trout at 9:22PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(offline)
The comments are great, every other one is someone complaining that they tried to copy it and set themselves on fire.
Inkmonkey at 9:57PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(online)
SpANG

You mean on YouTube, right? Because Youtube is all user-generated videos. Y'know… kinda like this site?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Croi Dhubh at 11:02PM, Aug. 19, 2008
(offline)
I remember doing that back in high school.

I wish I had video of me and my friends doing something worse than those. How we didn't get caught doing this I don't know. My friend tucked his short sleeve shirt in on itself and we covered his arms in rubbing alcohol. When his arms were good and coated, we lit it on fire. He ran down the aisles screaming bloody murder, freaking everyone out, especially the freshmen.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
SeriousQuiche at 5:23AM, Aug. 20, 2008
(offline)
Custard Trout
The comments are great, every other one is someone complaining that they tried to copy it and set themselves on fire.

That's why he is on youtube and they aren't. and proves that no one was paying attention to how much lighter fluid went onto the cotton.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Product Placement at 10:49AM, Aug. 20, 2008
(online)
Custard Trout

Oh God I loved this one.

ZeroC0ol1989
Ahh damn.. i tried it but almost set my house on fire now theres a big black cirle on my floor THANK YOU VERY MUTCH! (not)..
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
SpANG at 7:34AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
SpANG

You mean on YouTube, right? Because Youtube is all user-generated videos. Y'know… kinda like this site?
Drunk Duck Terms of Use
Drunk Duck has no interest in wantonly oppressing or interfering with a user's artistic pursuits. While you are perfectly in your right to say what you want and exercise your freedom of speech, please bear in mind that Drunk Duck is privately owned and operated. In other words, it is not a public access site and the administrative team will modify or take down content if necessary. We reserve the right to remove or take down any art, comments, etc. we find inappropriate for any reason.
We take stuff down that's offensive or harmful all the time, actually. Sometimes we even report it. That's the actual difference. We CARE about our members. YouTube doesn't care… unless of course it's a copyright issue.
Inkmonkey at 8:39AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
That's all well and good, but do you take the time to dig through every single comic to make sure that none of them are offensive? More than that, would you delete a comic that isn't doing anything offensive, but does give people very dumb ideas? Like, let's say I've got a comic where, to illustrate some point, I have a character describe how to make a molotov cocktail. Or hell, let's say it's not even something real, like a character says to someone else “Hey, did you know you can get high by smoking X” (where X is some kind of household item I chose arbitrarily). Is it now your fault if someone is stupid enough to take that seriously and decides to start smoking a Glade Plugin and gets sick? If that kid's partents came to the site and demanded recompensation from Drunkduck itself for allowing that sort of misinformation to be strewn about, would you accept the responsibility?
Custard Trout at 8:55AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(offline)
I'm starting to have second thoughts about starting that suicide themed comic I was planning now.
Zerglingleader at 10:03AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(offline)
thats crazy! But you'd REALLY think he'd burn his hands wouldn't you? I mean, that has to heat up the wire right? It is a neat trick though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Product Placement at 10:06AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
Hell, let's say it's not even something real, like a character says to someone else “Hey, did you know you can get high by smoking X” (where X is some kind of household item I chose arbitrarily). Is it now your fault if someone is stupid enough to take that seriously and decides to start smoking a Glade Plugin and gets sick?

Makes you think how many kids tried to spray cat urine thing on their face after watching that South Park episode.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
ozoneocean at 10:23AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
I wonder if it just seems cool enough to play with like that or whether it really is?
Fire can burn at a whole range of temperatures, not all of them hot enough to singe skin. Perhaps the fluid in the clip (whether it's really lighter fluid or something else), just has a very low burning point in gas form?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
HippieVan at 10:43AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Fire can be so much fun to play with, but some people are really stupid about it. One time a guy I was hanging out with tried to show me how he could “breathe fire” and ended up setting his face on fire a bit. He also accidentally set my friend's hair on fire. I took away his lighter after that.
Having said that, though, my friends and I have done stupid things with fire too. We set a ping pong ball on fire once, tried to light a pile of grass on top of someone's bum(it wasn't dry enough), etc.
This video should probably have some kind of warning that it should only be attempted by adults or something, at least. Teenagers can't be trusted with lighters.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
SpANG at 10:49AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
That's all well and good, but do you take the time to dig through every single comic to make sure that none of them are offensive?
Of course not. Users report them to us. Then all admins get together and talk about it. I don't know you why you even asked a dumb question that you knew the answer to. You're smarter than that.
Inkmonkey
More than that, would you delete a comic that isn't doing anything offensive, but does give people very dumb ideas? Like, let's say I've got a comic where, to illustrate some point, I have a character describe how to make a molotov cocktail. Or hell, let's say it's not even something real, like a character says to someone else “Hey, did you know you can get high by smoking X” (where X is some kind of household item I chose arbitrarily). Is it now your fault if someone is stupid enough to take that seriously and decides to start smoking a Glade Plugin and gets sick? If that kid's partents came to the site and demanded recompensation from Drunkduck itself for allowing that sort of misinformation to be strewn about, would you accept the responsibility?
It' a little different when you type something bogus on A COMIC on the internet vs. showing a STEP BY STEP VIDEO of how to do something, wouldn't you agree? Isn't that why shows like Jackass have a warning in the beginning of the show? Yeah, people are that dumb. Is that even an argument here?

How about if YouTube had a video of how to construct a pipe bomb? Or “how to kill your wife and get away with it”. Should they do nothing about those either?

That said, Drunk Duck isn't responsible for content, but if someone got hurt or complained about it, you'd better believe we'd deliberate and take it down if we needed to.
Inkmonkey at 11:37AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
SpANG
It' a little different when you type something bogus on A COMIC on the internet vs. showing a STEP BY STEP VIDEO of how to do something, wouldn't you agree? Isn't that why shows like Jackass have a warning in the beginning of the show? Yeah, people are that dumb. Is that even an argument here?

So… what? If it's presented in the form of a comic, that makes it okay? If there's a story behind it? So, if it was the same video, but it had the pretext of one character talking about it with another one, that would make it fine?
SpANG at 12:14PM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
SpANG

So… what? If it's presented in the form of a comic, that makes it okay? If there's a story behind it? So, if it was the same video, but it had the pretext of one character talking about it with another one, that would make it fine?
Did I say it was “okay”? I think I was pretty clear about it NOT being okay.

However, if you can't see a difference between a VIDEO that actually shows you how to do something and proves the results (again ON VIDEO), and what you can do on a comic page, then I can't help you understand.

You must have thought those cartoons of WMD's Colin Powell showed the UN were the same as for realz as well.
Inkmonkey at 9:09PM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
SpANG
Did I say it was “okay”? I think I was pretty clear about it NOT being okay.

However, if you can't see a difference between a VIDEO that actually shows you how to do something and proves the results (again ON VIDEO), and what you can do on a comic page, then I can't help you understand.

You must have thought those cartoons of WMD's Colin Powell showed the UN were the same as for realz as well.

Yes, well, thanks for appending your argument by insulting my intelligence, that certainly brings all the air out of my end of the discussion.

The point I'm getting at is just becuase something's not properly labelled with a big warning sign that says “Caution: Fire Is Hot and it Burns Things” doesn't mean that a third party hosting group is irresponsible for letting it slide. The whole “the admins don't treat every individual with loving care and therefore don't care about anyone” argument is the same thing advocates for smaller comics hosting sites say about DrunkDuck, not taking into account how large it is or how much work it would take to meet all demands of every user.

But that's getting off on a bit of a tangent.

Either way, I know that you're a… difficult person to argue with. I'll leave it at that and not force this out beyond this post.
ozoneocean at 9:18PM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
Either way, I know that you're a… difficult person to argue with.
He is! He is! :)

I like these though. It gives people a chance to argue about silly, interesting stuff, not the big “important” stuff in the debate areas ^_^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
SpANG at 9:26PM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Inkmonkey
Yes, well, thanks for appending your argument by insulting my intelligence, that certainly brings all the air out of my end of the discussion.
You're right. I'm sorry, Ink. Not that it matters, but I actually think you're one of the most intelligent people I've seen on this board.
Inkmonkey
The point I'm getting at is just becuase something's not properly labelled with a big warning sign that says “Caution: Fire Is Hot and it Burns Things” doesn't mean that a third party hosting group is irresponsible for letting it slide. The whole “the admins don't treat every individual with loving care and therefore don't care about anyone” argument is the same thing advocates for smaller comics hosting sites say about DrunkDuck, not taking into account how large it is or how much work it would take to meet all demands of every user.
Read the comments on the video, like Custard mentioned, heh. Maybe I'm just more cynical. I think people are inherently dumb and susceptible, and without the right environment/education/nutring, they stay that way. Again, IMO. :)

And yeah, I was half joking with my first post, and I guess I was looking for an argument. :P
bravo1102 at 11:54AM, Aug. 22, 2008
(online)
You see everyone watches the 3 minute video on how to make the fireball, but not the 2 hour fire safety and disclaimer video.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved