Random Discussion

Real-life case of demon possession documented
kyupol at 4:55PM, March 28, 2008
(offline)
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58835

An American woman who levitated, demonstrated paranormal psychic powers and spoke foreign languages unknown to her was clearly demon possessed, according to a board-certified psychiatrist and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College.

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
SarahN at 5:35PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
Possession….uh, mishmashy thoughts on this….but I DO believe that most of the time people who claim to be possessed are either just seeking attention or are in fact, just psychotic.

But dude, she was actually floating for 30 minutes and no one thought to get a camera out? Not even a camera phone or something? XD Or maybe when things were flying off shelves like they said supposedly happened. Yeah, that would definitely be interesting to see.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Dark Clown at 7:14PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
twadil speak says us. if the demons possessing her had that much power as to read minds and manipulate climat not to mention levitation, they would have no problem overpowering the humans trying to stop them.

sounds more like a simple message orb that had taken root in her.

Besides, Demons regard humans more like rotten meat then a possable host….

Just our opinyion

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:06PM
ozoneocean at 7:52PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
An American woman who levitated, demonstrated paranormal psychic powers and spoke foreign languages unknown to her was clearly demon possessed, according to a board-certified psychiatrist and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College.
The first assumption (in bold) would have to be tested on multiple occasions …proper double-blind tests would have to be designed, peer reviewed, approved, conducted, and results vigorously the reviewed in order to actually be able to make that statement.

The second bolded area: that involves detective work. You have to find out if she was ever taught them, has family members who speak them, reads books or online documents in them, before you can say they're unknown to her.

The third statement is utter stupidity. CLEARLY? “Clearly” a vastly improbable, virtually impossible, basically nonsensical thing has happened to her? THAT, and the other two issues make the first statement about levitation seem amazingly unlikely.

The fellow's qualifications make this even sillier. They would not have made statements or come to conclusions like that. People with those backgrounds and professions are going to say they have seen something they can't easily explain and that it will require further investigation, not blurt out that it must be demons. If they really did I'd hope they were looking for new jobs because “clearly” they can't do those ones very well.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
LoveandGuns at 7:54PM, March 28, 2008
(offline)
Dark Clown

It's been said that sometimes a demon/malicious entity can actually attach themselves on a person for different reasons. I'm guessing that if they truly want a way to reach through this realm, they probably would go ahead and take the chance of possessing someone who's sensitive to the ‘other side’.

Usually, most possession cases are not really dealing with the paranormal, but an illness instead.
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
ozoneocean at 8:05PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
Yeah… believable news source. Look at this from the bottom of the page:
Related offers:

“The UFO Conspiracy: Space Travelers or Demonic Deceivers?”

“Day of Deception: Separating Truth from Falsehood in These Last Days” by John Hagee

Revival of Evil and the Cult Explosion – two DVD set

“Alien Intrusion: UFOs and the Evolution Connection”

Previous stories:

Vatican exorcist: ‘Devil is in the electricity’

Are they demons or just delusions?

Boy wizard changing teens into witches

Potter called Christ-like

Study: Potter readers more occultic

Potter books: Wicked witchcraft?
The whole site looks like the even nuttier side of right-wing conspiracy theorisim… With a bit of the darker side of fringe Catholic church stuff. The kind of people the chuch actually makes an effort to GET RID off. Seriously, if they'd only put that effort into the peado problem…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Dark Clown at 8:20PM, March 28, 2008
(online)
LoveandGuns
Dark Clown

It's been said that sometimes a demon/malicious entity can actually attach themselves on a person for different reasons. I'm guessing that if they truly want a way to reach through this realm, they probably would go ahead and take the chance of possessing someone who's sensitive to the ‘other side’.

Usually, most possession cases are not really dealing with the paranormal, but an illness instead.

Well thats more like a Psyonic parrasite or a fromless spetral mass.

And Oz is right this sight seems to be full of foowe. Demons Exist this We know but. for the most part, Demons don't posses Humans. lowly weak creatures do. Demons have waytomuch power. a human's body would fall apart if a Real Demon possessed them. think of it like trying to cram a 20,000 volt charge pushed into a 9 volt battery all at once. …. we'er not making sence huh…..

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:06PM
Fenn at 1:25AM, March 29, 2008
(offline)
I call bullshit. No pictures, despite apparently numerous opportunities to actually document these so-called phenomena, makes me think this was entirely made up by people who wanted to believe in possession. The New Oxford Review appears to be a Catholic institution, so I doubt the scientific integrity of the original research.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
kyupol at 7:47AM, March 29, 2008
(offline)

I have my doubts too on that. It could be something real and it couldnt be. As always, every news source is treated with the 50-50 probability.

Though think about the process of publishing articles with a ‘credible’ newspaper. Most ‘credible’ newspapers are owned by the big corporations and people in power who have all the control on them. You write what I want you to write. Mainstream media is not free press.

It is usually the small tabloids and radio programs who pick up on these kind of things. Because they only have a small source of funding that comes mainly from people who wanna advertise their products or donations. They have a small base of readers and they don't have high stakes to lose.

I wonder if a ‘respectable’ publication such as the NY Times will publish something like this on the front page. For sure they will be bombarded with letters calling them a bunch of loons and pseudo scientific, etc. etc. etc. As well as people pulling out subscriptions and funding… making them lose ALOT.

And when people such as high ranking priests, or scientists, or lawyers, or military/police claim such things, for sure they GET LAUGHED AT and branded INSANE by their peers or are either fired or just quit the job because they couldnt take the workplace rejection and ridicule. That is why there's a big stigma attached to it.

Like what David Icke said: “We have outsheeped the sheep because at least the sheep need a sheepdog to keep them in line.”

And regardless of video or photographic proof, we live in an age where everything can be faked. One of these days I will post up my fake photoshopped pictures of UFO sightings, as well as fake pictures of me in my reptoid form. lol!

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Lord Shplane at 8:05AM, March 29, 2008
(offline)
Or maybe there's a stigma to it because it's obviously fake? I mean BLATANTLY so? I mean to the point that any nominally logical human being would deny believing it if they were TOLD TO SAY THAT THEY BELIEVE IT AT GUNPOINT so that they could at least die with FUCKING DIGNITY?

Seriously, this is just fucking ridiculous.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:44PM
Inkmonkey at 8:05AM, March 29, 2008
(offline)
I'm bothered by the fact that they managed to bring in a good amount of professionals to corraborate events, but didn't think to bring someone who had a camera. If it was just an off-chance thing, like a psychiatrist's daughter started acting funny and he couldn't explain it, sure. But these people were clearly brought in to validate the events, yet whoever's trying to prove this didn't think (or rather, avoided) to get physical evidence to support the whole event.

Also, Dark Clown, please stop pretending to be a demon. It makes you look silly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Fenn at 12:48PM, March 29, 2008
(offline)
Inkmonkey
But these people were clearly brought in to validate the events, yet whoever's trying to prove this didn't think (or rather, avoided) to get physical evidence to support the whole event.
Exactly! They are claiming to document something, yet did nothing of the kind. All they ended up with is anecdotal comments that are scientifically worthless and prove nothing. If that Catholic group really had hard evidence that this was real, they'd be clamoring to get the evidence on every news outlet in the world, since proof that demons exist and exorcisms actually work would send church attendance through the roof.

But they don't actually have real proof, because it's all bullshit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved