Help, Support and Suggestions

Recent comic posting issues...
dotdotdot at 7:24AM, March 17, 2009
(offline)
Hey Guys,
For the last few days, I've been having to post my comic a couple of times. When I first post a page, my “Dot Dot Dot..” avatar appears as it should in the “Just In” section. The next time I look however, it dissapears. This usually happens within minutes…

The page does end up in my comic section but it doesn't appear in the recently updated searches either… It has in the past, just not the last few times I've posted. Even though my comic doesn't usually stay up in the just in section for long… it's nice to have at least that little bit of facetime each day!

Is this a common issue? Do I just have to keep posting, then deleting and then posting again?

Cheers!
Graeme
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
ozoneocean at 8:09AM, March 17, 2009
(online)
What times do you normally post it?
One possible explanation is if you post it close to the DD changeover time you comic will only show up as just updated until the changeover time and then it won't. the changeover time is about 12am US time sometime… I don't know in what timezone because I'm in Western Australia. For me that ranges from 1PM to 3PM depending on all the vagaries of daylight savings time in our two countries at different times of the year.
-The easiest way to get around that is to queue you comic for the next day so it automatically posts just AFTER the changeover ;)

—————
The other explanation is that it's a fault of the system. I don't want to think that could be the case and we won't know unless or until others report that as well (it's rare that such a thing will only strike a single person). However, Twice when posting tonight I have noticed lines of stray coding appearing at the top of the forum screen… But that could be nothing. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
skoolmunkee at 11:17AM, March 17, 2009
(online)
Actually a couple of people have reported this lately in the bug forum… one person then posted ‘just figured it out’ but didn't come back to tell us what exactly it was. :[

I know we had a problem with comics not appearing on the recently updated list in the past, and I'm not sure we ever figured it out then either…
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved