Media Megaforum

Review A Movie Thread
SarahN at 1:11AM, Sept. 22, 2007
(online)
This thread has the potential to have SPOILERS! BEVARRREE!

I always want to post a review of a movie (or ramble about it at least) after seeing one…but I never quite feel right making a review thread for an OLDER MOVIE here, since most people post new movies. If for some reason this is a bad idea, then…..lock it or let me know or something. XD

However, this is NOT ment to be a back and forth debate review thread! You just review a movie, any movie, and the next person does the same. I mean, commenting on a previous review isn't forbidden….but if it starts turning into an argument…take it to PQs. Reviewing the same movie with different opinions back-to-back is FINE! But lets avoid reviewing the same movie ten times in a row, okay?

A lil' template you can use, add or remove what you want:

Movie: The name of the movie you dolt.
Genre: The genre(s) of the movie.
Personal Rating: Your rating out of 10. (Like 5/10, or whatever rating system.)
Review: Your babble.

Only one rule: No one word or two sentence reviews please. At least make it a paragraph if you have limited thoughts on the movie.

_______

Anyway, here is my first review here…

Movie: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Genre: Science Fiction, Comedy
Personal Rating: 4/10
Review: I've heard mostly good things about this movie….and I don't understand why now….but that's usually how it goes.

When I first started watching it, it definitely seemed interesting. Cool puppets and effects, and what seemed like what was going to be just some nice silly humor, and a blown up Earth! WEEE! However, I wasn't expecting the main characters to turn out so darn BLAND and lame. I finished watching this movie ten minutes ago and I can't even remember one name anymore..that's how memorable they were. Even if the humor wasn't “haha” funny, it could still be clever…I would at least like to watch the movie for the characters again, but I had no interest in any of them.

The whole movie just seemed to be a jumbled mess when it comes to story and…pacing? And they just tried too hard on the humor.

It was a really great idea, but it seemed like they just didn't know what to do with it. I wonder if the book is better?
Worth a glance for the pretty colors, but not something I'd watch over and over.

(I've done better reviews….but I'm very sleepy right now.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Priest_Revan at 1:20AM, Sept. 22, 2007
(offline)
Name: The Tripletts of Belleville
Genre: Probably foreign/Animated
Rating: 8/10
Review: I didn't actually hear much about this movie when it came out to the U.S. Probably because it is a foreign movie.

This movie focuses on the story of an Grandmother and her grandson, Champion, who is a Tour de France biker. During his first race, he taken away from the Tour by the French Mafia, along with 2 other bikers. The rest of the story is pretty much the grandmother crossing the sea to get to Belleville (where her grandson is) and get him back. Along the way, she meets 3 old time singers who help her along this strange but interesting journey.

An audience member really has to be artistic to enjoy this movie. This movie has very little talking (and when they do talk, it's in French or a weird English), and mostly focuses on music. The music is very nice and you'll probably be tapping your toe to it. Although there is little talking, a very perceptive person can easily keep up with what's happening as long as they pay attention.

The art in this movie is what really caught my eye. It's very surreal and there is a lot of cultural humor hidden in the art itself.

This movie is really worth at least renting, and for those of you who love animated movies, definitally don't miss out on this.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
Crazy Dutchman at 10:43AM, Sept. 22, 2007
(offline)
Movie: Aladdin (1992)
Genre: Animaton/Adventure/Musical/Comedy
Personal Rating: 8/10
Review: Totally classic.

Man, I would LOVE to go back in time, be a young child, this movie was an experience back then! A big adventure that seemed to last for so much longer than it did when I watched it yesterday. It felt like a very short movie. A song, something happends, a song, more happends, …, small final, sweet talk and end joke. Not as big and epic as before, but still So very amusing and the animation is of very great value. The humor isn't all that great, but it DID bring back a lot of memories of when I did laugh at all of the jokes.

Conclusion: Everything of this movie works as a kid, when you grow up it's still very fun to watch. Also the soundtrack and graphics are still mighty fine. GREAT!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
TheMidge28 at 3:19PM, Sept. 22, 2007
(online)
um…yeah…there is a thread started already on this…we can alter it to recent movies rented as well…click here…it wasn't that long ago it was started.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:21PM
SarahN at 3:53PM, Sept. 22, 2007
(online)
I guess. :cat:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved