Comic Talk and General Discussion *

RIP David Carradine
SarahN at 10:52AM, June 4, 2009
(online)
Okay, I didn't know where to post this or whether there was a new rule about posting about actor deaths now, I tried to look around and see but I didn't notice anything, if so then sorry. I also thought there was a new section particularly for this sort of thing now, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I thought this was such a strange and sad story that I had to post about it. Got this from Yahoo -
EDIT- Whoa, it appears they changed the article around. Here is an updated version.
Actor David Carradine, a born seeker and cult idol who broke through as the willing student called “grasshopper” in the 1970s TV series “Kung Fu” and decades later as leader of an assassin squad in “Kill Bill,” was found dead Thursday in Thailand. Police said he appeared to have hanged himself.

The officer responsible for investigating the death, Teerapop Luanseng, said the 72-year-old actor was staying at a suite at the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel.

“I can confirm that we found his body, naked, hanging in the closet,” Teerapop said. He said police suspected suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

For more info - http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/actor-david-carradine-found-dead-bangkok-ap

This is very sad, I always thought David Carradine was awesome, and I can't help but wonder why he would do that? But I guess that's the eternal question.

It's strange, because the news here is saying that he's died, but last I saw they didn't say anything about it being a suicide. Is the family asking not to give the whole story on the television or something?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
subcultured at 11:18AM, June 4, 2009
(online)
that IS a shock
it's always the quiet ones…
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
confusedsoul at 1:38PM, June 4, 2009
(offline)
On the news I read, it said he was found in the cupboard naked with a cord around his neck “and other parts of his body”. If that's the case, possibly the family would rather details of that sort be kept quiet until they know the whole story. That part alone sounds very suspicious.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
Hakoshen at 2:04PM, June 4, 2009
(offline)
This really sucks. A friend of mine called and told me earlier. I hate to be the one to say this but if they found him naked and hanged in a closet he probably died of auto-erotic asphyxiation. I wont post the details of what that is here, but if you're feeling bold feel free to look it up. Man, I hate to think that he would have gone out like that.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
skoolmunkee at 2:07PM, June 4, 2009
(offline)
I don't even know who the guy is but I'm kind of pissed off that they saw fit to announce that he was naked. I don't really see what purpose that serves anybody, other than to embarass his family and make his death more humiliating than it already seems to be (accidental or not).

(There's no rule against posting celebrity deaths, there's just always people who come in to complain that someone has done it.)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
SarahN at 2:12PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
This really sucks. A friend of mine called and told me earlier. I hate to be the one to say this but if they found him naked and hanged in a closet he probably died of auto-erotic asphyxiation. I wont post the details of what that is here, but if you're feeling bold feel free to look it up. Man, I hate to think that he would have gone out like that.

Oh. Oh, jeez. That is definitely a possibility, and would explain why they're not talking about it much.

And skoolmunkee, perhaps you've seen the Kill Bill movies? ‘Cuz he’s Bill.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Dark Pascual at 3:45PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
Rest in peace, Little Grasshopper…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Gohlico at 5:54PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
This is one of the saddest news I've ever gotten. I was a big fan of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. Never seen the original Kung Fu though but the second series was the shiznat.

Rest in peace, Kwai Chang Caine.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Chernobog at 8:43PM, June 4, 2009
(offline)
Damn! :( He was one of my favorite actors of all time.
Kung Fu, Death Race 2000, The Warrior and the Sorceress… (I like B movies, sue me).

If he really did die from the auto-erotic possibility, I still don't think less of him nor do I care. He was a great and prolific actor, period.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
mlai at 9:23PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
He was always kind of cooky. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it was accidental auto-erotic asphyxiation. He's gotten way too old to do that kind of dangerous stuff, yet he thought he could handle it. Yep, sounds just like David Carradine.

Anyone who ever saw him as some sort of child-safe role model must be really naive.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
bravo1102 at 11:02PM, June 4, 2009
(offline)
A great actor from a family of great actors. B movie actors never die they just sell more DVD boxed sets.

Now I have to go back and see all the old Kung-Fu episodes again. I never knew they quoted the Tao Te Ching word for word.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 12:00AM, June 5, 2009
(online)
mlai
Anyone who ever saw him as some sort of child-safe role model must be really naive.
Hey man, pretty much everyone has sex of some sort or another, doesn't make them strange. In fact the ones who really, honestly don't have sex of any kind are always the the strange ones in reality.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
lastcall at 4:32AM, June 5, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
mlai
Hey man, pretty much everyone has sex of some sort or another, doesn't make them strange. In fact the ones who really, honestly don't have sex of any kind are always the the strange ones in reality.

Amen, ozone. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
mlai at 3:54AM, June 8, 2009
(online)
Um, FYI, we're talking about the possibility of him being a person who masturbates by methods of nearly strangling/hanging oneself. That's… strange to me.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Ozoneocean at 1:07AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
mlai
Um, FYI, we're talking about the possibility of him being a person who masturbates by methods of nearly strangling/hanging oneself. That's… strange to me.
Well I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think it stains his character. I don't really care what someone does to their own genitals in private. In fact I'd generally rather not know.
Hakoshen at 10:07AM, June 9, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
mlai
Well I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think it stains his character. I don't really care what someone does to their own genitals in private. In fact I'd generally rather not know.

Personally, I wish the headline had read “David Carradine found dead surrounded by hundreds of dead ninjas! ” Not hanged in his closet as possibly someone with an extremely dangerous method of self gratification. I swear if they find Chuck Norris dead on the toilet dressed in drag I'm going to cry.

But yeah… back “on topic.” RIP Carradine. You will be missed.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Ozoneocean at 10:15AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
they find Chuck Norris dead on the toilet dressed in drag
I believe you can tell the future O_O
subcultured at 2:11PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
kung fu should have gone to bruce lee
that's all i have to say about that.