Then:

Now:

Another example: Fantastic Four

Then:

Now:

etc, etc…

New movies coming out:

Starship Dave
A sci-fi comedy starring Eddie Murphy. Puh-lease.
Coming: May 30, 2008

Kung Fu Panda
CGI animation, with the voices of Jack Black, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, Angelina Jolie, and Dustin Hoffman. A slacker panda named Po has to save the Valley of Peace. Sounds like another kiddy movie to me.
Coming: June 6, 2008

The Incredible Hulk
You know who the Hulk is. This is “not to be confused with 2003's Hulk”, this is “different.” Sounds like someone's going a little overboard.
Coming: June 13, 2008

Get Smart
Starring Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and Masi Oka. About a bumbling secret agent. Hmm… sounds like Inspector Gadget…
Coming: June 20, 2008

Wall-E
CGI animated, the last robot on earth falls in love with another robot probing earth by Pixar. Another crappy CGI movie, please!
Coming: June 27, 2008

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
The mythical world starts a rebellion against humanity in order to rule Earth. Sounds boring to me.
Coming: July 11, 2008

The Dark Knight
The sequel to Batman Begins. That is all.
Coming: July 18, 2008

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
A new adventure with Rachel Weisz. Great.
Coming: August 1, 2008

The only movie I am looking foward to is maybe Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, scheduled to release November 21, 2008, and The Spiderwick Chronicles, coming Febuary 15, 2008.

All info found in the magizine “Movie Magic”, but I added in my opinion of them.
^_^
My comic link is:
Random Insane Sprite Comic
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
mechanical_lullaby at 12:40PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
And yet no Captain Planet? I am severely disappointed in the movie industry.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
lefarce at 12:46PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
A few on there don't sound too bad though, specifically The Dark Knight and the new Hulk. Hopefully they'll be good. The last Hulk was awful and Begins moved pretty damn slow.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:32PM
Inkmonkey at 1:06PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Insane Video Gamer
Get Smart
Starring Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and Masi Oka. About a bumbling secret agent. Hmm… sounds like Inspector Gadget…
Coming: June 20, 2008

Yeah, sounds exactly like Inspector Gadget. Or, y'know… Get Smart, which kinda predates Gadget by over a decade…
kingofsnake at 1:07PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
I like how you list like four movies that I'm genuinely excited for as being unworthy of your 8 dollars but then mention how you're looking forward to the crapfest that is Harry Potter. I'd be upset at your statements against Batman and Pixar except clearly you simply have awful taste.

Someone
Yeah, sounds exactly like Inspector Gadget. Or, y'know… Get Smart, which kinda predates Gadget by over a decade…

Clearly I'm not alone in my instant malice of you. The actor who played maxwell smart was the same as the voice actor as inspector gadget. There is a reson they're similar
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
ozoneocean at 1:59PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
The Chipmunks… -_-

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Steely Gaze at 2:01PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Wow, interesting list. Also, pretty wrong. I liked the comparison between Alvin and the Chipmunks then and now, but you made a big oopsie with saying that Rachel Weisz will be in the next Mummy movie. She won't be. She wisely dropped out and a different actress will be playing Eve.

I actually hope Hellboy: The Golden Army does fairly well ‘cause I’m a huge fan of the first movie, but I rarely get my hopes up nowadays. Too many bad and disappointing movies have ruined it for me.

And the moment I heard they were doing a Get Smart movie I wanted to strangle the filmmakers. I mean, sure, Steve Carell is probably a good choice to play Maxwell Smart, but it still isn't right! Don Adams never got the respect he so justly deserved for his quite hilarious role as Maxwell Smart and now, with his death, the filmmakers rush out a tacky-looking comedy that is sure to be just as “good” as the new Pink Panther movie was.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:11PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Steely Gaze
that is sure to be just as “good” as the new Pink Panther movie was.

HEY! I actually liked that movie! :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
Steely Gaze at 3:09PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
LIZARD_B1TE
Steely Gaze

Did you ever watch the original?
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
kingofsnake at 3:23PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Steve Carrel is still funny, Steve Martin is not.

Thus I look forward to the new Get Smart, and I shudder at the thought of another Pink Panther
LIZARD_B1TE at 3:50PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Steely Gaze
LIZARD_B1TE
Steely Gaze

Did you ever watch the original?

Yes. I've seem The Pink Panther, A Shot in the Dark, Revenge of the Pink Panther, that one with the name I can't remember in which everyone thinks he's dead, and the new one.

And I gotta say, I enjoyed the new one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
SarahN at 3:55PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
And yet no Captain Planet? I am severely disappointed in the movie industry.
Oh, give them time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
tea_green at 6:27PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
I'm looking forward to the “Get Smart” movie. This one has a lot of potential and I think that the cast and crew actually give a crap about making a decent remake.

I shudder at the thought of another Pink Panther though. Steve Martin was great but I am sick of Beyonce. I have seen all the movies she's been in and she plays the exact same role in every movie! Goldmember: A singer/spy, Fighting Temptations: A singer/stripper, Pink Panther: An International Pop Singer, and hey, you know what she was in Dreamgirls? A singer! I wonder what she'll be next, I sure hope there's more singing!

All that aside, I think that Disney is gonna do a decent job with the updating of the Chipmunks. On top of that, it's got Jason Lee and he's a pretty talented guy. My faith in Disney has been reinstated after seeing “Enchanted” so I am gonna hope for the best and check out this movie.

I didn't know they were making a Hellboy sequel. This is on my must see list as well! The casting was ridiculoulsly perfect for the first movie so I hope that most of the originals return for it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
magickmaker at 8:58PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Whoever started this topic is not making a lot of friends…

I'm looking forward to the new Hellboy, Hulk, and Batman. I'm not a big fan of Batman, but I love his villians and sidekicks. I really hope we get a Harley Quinn in the new movie. I'm also hoping we get a She-Hulk spin off that involves lots of supernatural law, fourth wall breaking, and maybe a guest appearence from Howard the Duck. (I'm not exactly endearing myself to you guys either, am I?)

I also like Pixar, so I have faith in Wall-E, though I think it might be a rip off of Short Circut.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Ziffy88 at 9:03PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
Pixar has yet let me down so go team.
Hellboy was awesome and a sequel looks cool.
The Mummy are silly and fun B-movies.
Christopher Nolan batman was good, not every movie needs an explosion every five minutes,

You do realize that the FF was a comic book before it was even a show right and was nothing more than cashing in on the whole recent comic book craze everyone seems to be happening even though no one is buying the books

You're just trying to hate them and say oh look I'm so funny I'm hating on movies that aren't even coming out yet.

Get Smart is not like Inspector Gadget. He is more of the anti-James Bond or what Johnny English should have been.

There have been many times a trailer has come out and I thought the movie would have sucked but it didn't.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:01PM
lefarce at 9:51PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Someone
I really hope we get a Harley Quinn in the new movie.

She won't be. It's pretty much been confirmed who all the villains are, and she is not one of them. Also, the new series will not have batgirl, Robin, or Penguin, according Nolan.

Ziffy88 at 9:58PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I like mobster penguin
lefarce at 10:10PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Ziffy88
I like mobster penguin

He could work, but Nolan is all like “wah it would just be too difficult in my universe” and so that is the one thing I hate him for. :|

Ziffy88 at 11:07PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I'll live
Yay no Robin batman always works best alone
Also I'm guessing none of the super-powered villians would appear, and I'm cool with no Ivy, Clayface, or Freeze. I want Catwoman or Mad Hatter and more of Scarecrow
lefarce at 11:45PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Ziffy88
I'll live
Yay no Robin batman always works best alone
Also I'm guessing none of the super-powered villians would appear, and I'm cool with no Ivy, Clayface, or Freeze. I want Catwoman or Mad Hatter and more of Scarecrow

We're kinda derailing this topic here, but yes I love you and I agree fully. I always thought Robin kinda' mucked up things. :/

ozoneocean at 1:12AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
Holy disenfranchisement Batman!
You can't just cut off Robin like that!

Remember the good old days from the TV series? Burt Ward and Adam West!
That's the Batman for me. The villains there were cooler.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
mechanical_lullaby at 2:36AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Holy disenfranchisement Batman!
You can't just cut off Robin like that!

Remember the good old days from the TV series? Burt Ward and Adam West!
That's the Batman for me. The villains there were cooler.

Yes, that's right. I've stolen all the money from the bank… but I left a series of clues to find it! Hahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, that Riddler. I'm pretty sure he was actually there for the educational value. He only ever wanted to make people think.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Insane Video Gamer at 8:14AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
Ziffy88
You're just trying to hate them and say oh look I'm so funny I'm hating on movies that aren't even coming out yet.

I didn't think so many people would care about this, alright! Jeesh…

Most of the topics I make are ignored, so I thought that no one would care that much anyways, don't dis on my opinions, please. My opinions aren't even that strong, and I can be swayed to a different point of view if you argue about it enough. I just feel disappointed in movies ever since Eragon, Garfield, and etc… So sorry if I just hate movies, because I feel all movies are crappy since seeing those. TT.TT
Thank you.

^__^
My comic link is:
Random Insane Sprite Comic
Ziffy88 at 9:06AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
There are alot of crappy movies out there but you can't always be expecting a film on the level of quality as say Casablanca. Garfield wanted to fun and humorous and it wasn't so it failed. We only remember the good films of the year and rarely do we note the bad ones like Bratz. Now when the films comes out and the manage to mess things up like the human parts in Transformers taking over most of the film or the convoluted mess of Pirate of Caribbeans 3. So there's need to be really mean against a bunch of movies and say all the movies are going to suck. Alot will some will be okay and other will fail and be the Eragon, Garfield, and etc…
kingofsnake at 11:58AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
I watched Pirates 3 last night. I didn't think it was confusing at all, it was perfectly easy to follow.

i don't even see where other people are getting lost
Custard Trout at 1:04PM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
kingofsnake
I watched Pirates 3 last night. I didn't think it was confusing at all, it was perfectly easy to follow.

i don't even see where other people are getting lost

Huh, I do this exact same thing, only it's with Monkey Island 2. Maybe our brains are upside down or something?

I see IVG, like so many others is quick to reject a film simply because it's made with CGI. Since when were mediums inherently good or bad?

Edit: I just found this trailer for Wall-E. Looks good to me.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Exzachly at 7:49PM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
It's funny how you guy talk about how much of a disappointment the Garfield movie was. Have you guys read the strip? Why would anyone expect Garfield to be funny, ever? Now Calvin and Hobbes…. I might pay money to be disappointed after seeing that movie….

Also, what's to hate about Pixar? Just about everything they're done has been immaculate and charming. I'd take a Pixar movie over anything that Disney has done any day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Ziffy88 at 8:24PM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
About Pirates it's more of the why do they need to do it. Like Calypso and gathering to fight when only three ships actually did anything. It promised something big and didn't deliver.

Wall-e looks really good.
isukun at 9:04PM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
Also, what's to hate about Pixar? Just about everything they're done has been immaculate and charming. I'd take a Pixar movie over anything that Disney has done any day.

Pixar has had their share of lesser quality movies, as well. I never really liked a Bug's Life. Toy Story 2 felt like a direct to video movie (not surprising since it was originally written as one) and Finding Nemo felt a little cliche and wasn't nearly as entertaining as Toy Story or the Brad Bird films. I'll admit that lately they've appealed to me, but for me, they have their misses along with their hits. Plus while Disney has deteriorated in recent years, they have some outstanding films in their library from past years, some of which I would consider true masterpieces of both writing and artistry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Ziffy88 at 9:26PM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
But both Bugs Life and Toy Story 2 have their values compared to other films. Though I think Antz was a better film. I liked Nemo. Love the animation the jokes were funny. Here's the thing they don't make bad movies like Dreamworks Shrek 3 their worst film is still better than most of the other crap. It's just they have some movies that not everyone would like

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved