Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Room 101
same at 7:32PM, Jan. 8, 2010
(online)
So basically for all of those who havent seen or heard about room 101(the tv show not the reference in nineteen eighty nine by George Orwell but bassed on it) its a show where celebrities come on and give 3 things they hate and the host puts it into room 101 if they still want it to go in at the end of their rant.

So basically list 3 things you would want to disappear into room 101 and why.

3. Random quotes. E.g The cake is a lie. Especially from people who dont know what its referencing. I spent a good amout of time playing through portal. Only after completeing portal should you have the right to quote it.

2.People who scream overexageratedly about stupid things like seeing theyre friends after about a week of not seeing them. Example “Oh my GOD!! I havent seen you in like… FOREVER!”

1. Stupid ring tones like achmed the dead terrorist. They arent funny to anyone that doesnt have the cranial workings of a pre pubescent school kid. … lol. Pube.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Skullbie at 8:00PM, Jan. 8, 2010
(online)
3. Video games with silent protagonists. It's boring and a bullseye sign for lazy writing. You can relate to the character without having to pretend to be the character.

2. Eurotrash bashing america. Just shut already, we know we have ‘huge’ problems among others, but god damn

1. Loli manga. It's creepy, creepy shit and i saw one the other day at barnes and nobles. Kids are not sexy, they're gross little booger farms and the last thing on their mind should be what some middle aged man is drawing them doing.

Lol. boogers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Ozoneocean at 9:12AM, Jan. 9, 2010
(online)
1. Hoodies.
I could tollerate them if there were substantially LESS of them.

2. Faux-hawks.
Or any hair style where the sides are short and the top is longer, resulting in some sort of point on the top or to the front of the head. That is only cool in Elvis style pompadours or on Tintin!

3. Muffins.
The over-gown cupcake style ones. They're like the disappointing obese bastard lovechild of an illicit, sordid gangbang between a crappy cake, a bunch of slimy fruit and a loaf of bread after sniffing up way too much plain flour (if ya know what I mean ;))
I like my “muffins” round, flat on the ends, and toasted! Not all thick, heavy, cakey and tasteless with a squidgy miscellaneous “fruit” surprise lurking somewhere inside.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
shirkersama at 11:02AM, Jan. 9, 2010
(online)
1. Beatles fans. They were a mediocer band with a handfull of good songs, not “the gratest band ever.” The Beatles also sort of stole The Who's thunder in my opinion, The Who should have been the face of the british envasion.

2. Gangsta' wanabees. They were funny to make fun for a while, but now thet're just getting annoying.

3. Mountain Dew. It tastes like a combination of horse piss and battery acid, has more caffine than people should ever be exposed to, and yet EVERYONE seems to love it.

And how dare you attack muffins Ozone, they are delicious!
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Ozoneocean at 11:15AM, Jan. 9, 2010
(online)
shirkersama
Fine, you eat 'em all.

ALL of them. Everywhere. ( ^______^ )
Weasilish at 11:32AM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
3. Internet attention whores. Yeah, you know who I'm talking about. dA is NOT Myspace, yeesh. :|

2. Ugly bras. They seem to be the only ones that come in my size. ::O

Oh, and they should bring back the classic Coke, the kind that actually tasted good. Not this new stuff. Icky.
Alchemist. Lover of comics.

Tea drinker. <3
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
therealtj at 12:13PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(online)
Let me think about this…

1. Vanilla ice cream with Oreos.

2. Video games. All of them.

3. Attractive women without clothing.

Now, we have to go into the room to face these things we hate at the end, correct?

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
crocty at 12:22PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
shirkersama

And how dare you attack the band that made this song. Whore.

Anyway, let's see…

3) Informercials/Teleshopping that replaces good programs in the night. :( What if I wanna see a good TV show at 4am? It's not gonna happen! Grrr

2) Let's say….94% of my school. And by that I mean chavs. God they're so hateable.

1) OH MY GOD HAVE YOU EVER READ A SEANBABY ARTICLE ON CRACKED?
He is such a tool, and the comments are the same everytime.
So let's say his articles, website, computer, and his knowledge of how to operate a computer. That should do it.

I'm such a hateful person, yet ask me to think of 3 things I hate and I can hardly do it…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
elektro at 1:16PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
-Pop music, especially that autotuned shit.

-Video game/Manga inspired comics. Very few are readable, and almost all of them are identically bad.

-Reality TV shows. They are the “Variety Hours” of this generation, and I fucking hate them with every fiber of my being.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
AQua_ng at 1:47PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
1. The policeman who took away my passport and wallet.
2. That restraining order
3. The 2000 miles between me and he-I LOVE YOU SARAH PLEASE COME BACK.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Chernobog at 3:00PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
1. Pretty I'm-oh-so-pretty vampires series.

2. Young women going out in slippers and pajama pants. Nothing says jobless princess who hasn't bathed in anything but perfume for the last five days like pink plaid PJs.

3. Online game crybabies.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:22PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
New Disney stuff other than Phineaus and Ferb. New CN stuff other than Chowder.

20 projects being due on the same day.

Overplayed songs (I gotta feelin, “Muse” stuff, F*cking Shinedown)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
shirkersama at 5:02PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
shirkersama
Fine, you eat 'em all.

ALL of them. Everywhere. ( ^______^ )

I will sure as hell try.
Meh
cartoonprofessor at 6:26PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
1, Self-centred people

2, Selfish people

3, People
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
lothar at 9:21PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(offline)
same
(the tv show not the reference in nineteen eighty nine by George Orwell but bassed on it)

nineteen eighty-FOUR !!!

im surprised i caught that before Kyupol
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
ParkerFarker at 10:56PM, Jan. 9, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
2. Faux-hawks.
Or any hair style where the sides are short and the top is longer, resulting in some sort of point on the top or to the front of the head. That is only cool in Elvis style pompadours or on Tintin!
my hair has Ozone's approval! YEESSSS!!! But I hate faux-hawks too, well no… I hate the people who have faux-hawks.

Now let's see here…

3. Diets. Diets are stupid, you just have to exercise and not eat fatty foods to get at a good size. Not diets. And Glamour magazines for that matter.

2. Mainstream Music. God I hate it. Just everything they play on mainstream radio.

1. American Crime Shows. They're all exactly the same. Everyone is beautiful, it's unrealistic, the good guys always win, it's so predictable, and eveything is perfect. They're all exactly the same except for maybe one little “difference”, for example:
in Without a Trace people are missing, not always murdered.
in Cold Case the crimes happened in the past.
in Castle the detective has an author follow her around.
in Bones the main character are anthropologists
in Lie to Me the main character can always know when someone is lying.
in White Collar the detective has a convict solve crimes with him.
in Monk the detective has severe OCD.
in NCIS the crimes are Navy related.
in The Mentalist the main character has great skills of observation.
etc.
but really, all those shows are exactly the same.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Ozoneocean at 2:30AM, Jan. 10, 2010
(online)
cartoonprofessor
1, Self-centred people
Me too. They're too interested in themselves to properly see just how great I am!
humorman at 5:35PM, Jan. 10, 2010
(offline)
Room lol (lol stands for “laughing out loud” if you didn't know that means)

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
GracehFaceh at 7:14PM, Jan. 10, 2010
(online)
1. Vera Bradley and her ugly granny bags that plague my high school. They're hideous and I really don't give a flying friggle about the new pattern your mom just bought you, it probably looks just like your last one.

2. Skype. Yeah, it was fun for like three days. Now the frequency of drama has increased in my life because my friends get bored with each other after 15 minutes of being online and decide that it's perfectly acceptable to start talking about people. People aren't meant to be around each other 24/7, especially not teenagers.

3. The girls in my class who blame their academic failures on the teachers. Last I checked she did teach that, honey, you're just a dumbshit. Way to go.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
mlai at 8:44PM, Jan. 10, 2010
(online)
3. Video games with silent protagonists. It's boring and a bullseye sign for lazy writing. You can relate to the character without having to pretend to be the character.
Yes I am hating it very much as I play Dragon Age currently. Before Dragon Age, I thought it was only a Japanese problem.

I never visualize myself to be the main character; I always roleplay. So I have no idea what theory the RPG makers are ascribing to. It's called a role-playing game for a reason!

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
ParkerFarker at 9:45PM, Jan. 10, 2010
(online)
mlai
Yes I am hating it very much as I play Dragon Age currently. Before Dragon Age, I thought it was only a Japanese problem.

I never visualize myself to be the main character; I always roleplay. So I have no idea what theory the RPG makers are ascribing to. It's called a role-playing game for a reason!

Yeah, I don't full out hate it but I'd much rather hear my character talk. Like it's just weird when someone's talking to you but you never respond. It's plain rude!

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
shirkersama at 10:00PM, Jan. 10, 2010
(online)
Maybe the character is mute. I mean, with as many games as are out there it only makes sense that some of them are going to have disabilities like that.
Meh
same at 1:33AM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
lothar
same
(the tv show not the reference in nineteen eighty nine by George Orwell but bassed on it)

nineteen eighty-FOUR !!!

im surprised i caught that before Kyupol

Shhhhhh! About 50% of my posts were made when i was knackered.
Peipei at 5:30AM, Jan. 11, 2010
(offline)
Let's see…

1.) Twihards. Need I say more? :p

2.) Music and fashion of this century.

3.) Rude and disrespectful people.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Aurora Moon at 7:04AM, Jan. 11, 2010
(offline)
shirkersama
Maybe the character is mute. I mean, with as many games as are out there it only makes sense that some of them are going to have disabilities like that.

yeah. the silent thing doesn't bother me… I guess because I'm deaf, and I do tend to act like the protagonist in a similar manner in real life. Where I just silently listen to whatever others want to tell me using my hearing aids or whatever. And once I'm sure they're done telling me everything I then mentally pick what I think is an apporate answer to them, and I finally respond, using sign or whatever.

I'm currently playing though dragon age, and I have to say I love the game so much… even if certain parts of it is rather disturbing. :)

But yes, I can see how others would find that annoying… especially since how too many rpgs has the silent protagonist to the point where it's an overused cliche.

Although…. I don't think the protagonist is entirely mute… at least not in the world of dragon age. I think the game creators couldn't just come up with a way to formulate a dozen voice actors for the main character like they did the rest.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Dave7 at 11:44AM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
Oh, God…we can only pick three things? Damn…

Okay let's see…

3). Avril Lavegne. I say this because A) I really don't care for pop music in the first place, and B). I spent a semester in college with a roomate who had an unhealthy obsession with her *shudders*. She doesn't write her own music, plus I know she's dealt with more than one lawsuit for stealing lyrics.

2). Glenn Beck. A posterchild for eugenics if there ever was one. Everytime I see his image on T.V., a few of my brain cells commit suicide and I have a small seizure. I think this man alone has brought the average I.Q. of the United States down by about 5 points. And the fact that this raving lunatic actually has a fanbase shows just how much our country's population has completely lost touch with reality.

1). Emo Kids. Not to be confused with Goth kids; there's a difference, last I checked. I've never understood how such a clique could possibly appeal to anyone. And from what I've observed, most of these kids come from white upper-middle-class families, and a lot of the problems they THINK they have are pretty minor compared to the shit the rest of us have to deal with. Yeah, junior high sucks for everybody. You're NOT special. And I don't think you should have the right to bitch about your problems unless your willing to get off your ass and do something about it yourself. Life sucks now, and it's going to continue to suck LONG after you're grown up and out of school, so shut up and get used to it!

I'm sorry…I'm normally a very tolerant person, but most emo-kids just REALLY piss me off…

And I'm only going in to that room if I can bring a shotgun and a crowbar.
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
same at 11:58AM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
Dave7
I'm sorry…I'm normally a very tolerant person, but most emo-kids just REALLY piss me off…

And I'm only going in to that room if I can bring a shotgun and a crowbar.

There there. Youre not alone. Also you dont have to go into the room. The stuff does. And gets locked away forever :D
warefish at 4:18PM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
3) Mainstream shit: All that over produced plastic crap you hear on the radio. Or those repetitive Hollywood films (THEY'RE ALL THE F@#%ING SAME!!!). Yes I like indie stuff allot.

2) Baz Luhrmann: He can't direct a decent film. Well… maybe he can direct… It's just his editing that's atrocious. I'm ashamed to call him an Australian.

1)The Twilight effect:

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:26PM, Jan. 11, 2010
(offline)
ParkerFarker

Don't be dissing Monk! He's the bomb!

You can go ahead with White Collar, it wasn't as amazing as they said and the two episodes that were were only partially really good. USA really overadvertised it.

I like NCIS. I actually “Gibbs” people in public! (a “Gibbs” is a slap in the head or at least what I call it when Agent Gibbs does it)

To anyone who wants rid of Twilight worshipers: wait till the 2012 worshipers go all crazy. We'll be rid of one vampire infestation but not the alien and the end infestation. In other words, there will always be something that sucks in our world. So let's just go along with the annoyances. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
ParkerFarker at 9:49PM, Jan. 11, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
ParkerFarker

Don't be dissing Monk! He's the bomb!

Yeah, if I had to pick one to watch on that list it'd be Monk, I don't mind it but it fits the list!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon