Interviews

Round 4: BffSatan interviews DarkChibiShadow of Wires, Life-Death and many others!
skoolmunkee at 9:21AM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
Friday's interview is of DarkChibiShadow, conducted by BffSatan! DarkChibiShadow has 16 comics on her account so you'll have to visit her profile to get to them all. :]

So, why don’t you start by telling us some of the mundane facts about yourself?

Well, my name is DarkChibiShadow aka DCS. My favorite thing in the world is FullMetal Alchemist! I enjoy Astrology a lot and the thing you’ll hear me the say the most is, “Hey, what sign are they?!” I’m Cancer the Crab born in the year of the Monkey! My favorite memory in my whole life is when a fan pointed me out of the crowd and knew who I was and about my comics!

You’re one of (if not the) most popular yaoi artists on drunk duck, what inspired you to make such great comics?

Ahaha, I wouldn't say great, not like Get Up and Go, but I'd like to think I can hold my own on the site. I wanted to draw manga because I have a passion for changing people's lives. Making people happy or sad or mad, comics are about that I think. My dream is to impact people with my comics, it all sorts of ways!

Why do you choose to mostly focus on same-sex relationships in your comics?

There's something that attracts me to same sex couples, even though I have 2 comics about different sexed couples. It's kind of the whole, “It's kind of taboo, but that makes our love stronger.” kind of deal.

Well, you write love stories so you knew this question was coming, how much of your comics are based on your own experiences and feeling about love?

Aha, I think I might have heard this one before. Most of the love experiences I've had have led to deep deep failure. My heart is so broken I don't know what to do with it anymore! Aha! So mostly I think they are a reflection of the kind of relationship I'd like to have one day, even if it never happens.

I’ve noticed you draw characters with only one eye a lot and empty space being in the place of the other, it looks great, my question is why did you decide to draw people (particularly Wasso) that way?

Ah! I get this a lot, I'm glad I get to answer it. It's because sometimes when I draw 2 eyes the face gets distorted. I've been working on adding 2 eyes lately and my faces always seem to get thrown off. But if I don't continue to do it I'll never be able to get over my problem! But sometimes I still draw with 1 eye, old habits die hard, and I think it looks kinda pretty.

You have a lot of comics, how do you manage so many?

Hmmmm, I actually have more just in my house too. It's because my mind is so full of ideas I wanna make them. Usually I focus on updating 1 a day so I can finish it and I update others randomly, but usually none of my comics get discontinued, just a short hiatus. I do plan to finish all of my comics, so as of now no new comics can be made until at least half are finished!

You draw a lot of sex in your comics, how do you feel about drawing them and why do you like to include them in a story?

Hee hee, well, I think drawing it is rather fun and helps a lot with anatomy. Plus a little fan service never hurt anyone. I include them because I think sex and sexual relationships are a key element to a healthy relationship. If you really love someone, I feel as if you could express it in more ways than just telling them. Physical affection is important too!

Why do you make comics and what keeps you going?

Oh, like I said! It's my dream to change people's lives with my manga! My fans keep me going and their support is endless inspiration! I want to be able to tell great stories people will love for a long long time and hold in their hearts! That is truly my dream!

If a huge fan of your work was reading this (they probably are) and they wanted to create comics as good as yours, what advice would you give them?

Backgrounds, backgrounds, backgrounds! And practice! Never give up! Backgrounds are very important, it took me a long while to get used to them, but then do add something! Also, love manga! If you love making comics it should come easy! Practice and you can make great comics!

How much does your comic clash with your life, I’d imagine since your 16 and therefore probably living with your parents that you try and hide the gay butt sex elements of your comics, right?

Ahaha, yeah. I do hide them but…my parents are supportive and I imagine if they ever found out they would just say something cool like, “You’re exploring your sexuality.” I think maybe they would be glad I draw things people enjoy. I hope so at least. My Mother knows I do 1 page everyday but it keeps me on a good schedule. Drawing manga really helps with other stuff, it’s quite nice. It helps me from getting overstressed too.

What would you say to someone who is offended by all the sex in your comics?

If you don’t like it you don’t have to look! <3

Sometimes you can be hard on yourself in your authors comments, you call some pages bad that I don‘t think are that bad. What is your definition of a bad page?

I guess when I do that I’m trying to set myself a humble ego. I’d rather be my own critic then have someone else be it, I guess. I guess a bad page to me has some messed up panels or a messed up looking face. Or the page is boring or the dialogue sucks, because I think that’s where I need to improve. Oh! But thank you for saying you don’t think they’re bad. ‘///’

With Wires 2 nearly finished, where are your comics likely to head in the future, will they be more graphic when you turn 18? Will you experiment with some new genres?

When WIRES 2 finishes, I am moving my attention to my shoujo You’re My Moon. But before I do that I plan to finish my ELO and GuGo doujins. I’ve drawn more graphic stuff, but I think I’d like to appeal to a wider variety of people, so I might do some mature and some less mature. The genre I want to go into will be shounen. Because I think secretly I’ve always wanted to be a yaoi artist who does shounen as well. After I finish You’re My Moon I have a big project that will probably be my life’s best work (at least I hope) under the raps. So keep it hush hush for now.

Being nominated for best overall comic is huge, how do you feel about being nominated, how do you feel about not winning?

I was like, “This must be a mistake, right?” I think I about flipped out. I didn’t realize so many people supported me, I think that was the moment I really got serious about making my comics good for my fans. I wanted to give them something in return. I felt really honored. I wasn’t so sore about losing, because I think Simply Sarah deserved it. SkyAngel is so wonderful and a close friend. Her comic truly outweighs any of mine.

Why do you focus more attention to Wires 2 then your other comics? Is it your favourite to make?

It’s probably my favorite to make besides BANG! Reku and Kiyoshi’s Spiritual Detective Agency! (Even though it is a collab) Because I connect deeply with the characters and how the story came to be. WIRES 2 has a lot in it I enjoy. The characters are fun and have a lot of good qualities I think. Also, I figured if I updated once a day it would make sure that it finished. So I decided to do this with comics from now on!

The last question, is there anybody who you want to thank for their support of your comics?

First of all like always, SkyAngel who got me my reputation on DrunkDuck! Pastel for enjoying WIRES 2 and being a great friend. All of KALA-dan! Tamerlane for making a great comic and drawing a doujins too! I wanna thank Sei, Dera, Creamsicle, Softy, Envy and everyone single one of my fans who have commented, looked, or thought about any of my comics! I love you all! Thank you so much!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
houseofmuses at 12:29PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
Great interview! I love to see stories of up and coming young manga artists. I bet I'm a long time getting caught up on your books.

It was SkyAngel who helped get me known on DD as well; she's super. One of the best DDers around.
I'm a Capricorn, btw, DCS…I get along great with Cancer people. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
pastel at 1:19PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
I agree, awesome interview. :)

I really liked DCS's attitude in this. Keep trying hard and improving! :D <3
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
Sei at 3:18PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(online)
!!!!! I can feel so much passion emanating off this interview Cheebs! PASSION!

It was a delight to read this interview so thank you BffSatan! :]

Can't wait to read the finished projects and upcoming projects from you Cheebs >_<~!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Hugo Maximo at 6:21PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
A mind full of great ideas!!! I'm knowing his work through the interview!! :)

sorry for my bad english
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
BffSatan at 6:34PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(online)
It was awesome to interview DarkChibiShadow, I was actually supprised to really enjoy reading his comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
DarkChibiShadow at 7:24PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
:///)

(Can't believe I kept forgeting to put that nom. up…)

K.A.L.A-dan! Shipper!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Stan Kuri at 12:41AM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
We all look forward to your upcoming works too! :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
HyperKat at 2:28AM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
Go DCS! ^^
Someday I want to be a manga artist like you =3
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
lain at 9:08AM, Feb. 14, 2009
(offline)
haha i saw this on the news update and i was “WOWZERS they have interviews now? what? DCS had a interview?? i gotta read this xD ”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
kitsunesan at 6:08AM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
wow I love the way the interview unfold…AWESOME
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
Insizwa at 1:10PM, Feb. 19, 2009
(offline)
Awesome!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Sephrenia MoonDragon at 6:10PM, Feb. 19, 2009
(offline)
Woohoo!

Well, now I want to continue my Testing Eve comic. (and my Introverted comic)…

You is an inspiration to us allll, DCS!

>:3 BTW, I might be a Cancer too. It depends on what newspaper you look at. Bwahaha, go crabs. XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
altprom at 9:18PM, Feb. 19, 2009
(offline)
yah dcs! You are so cool! :)

Man, you make me want to get a comic started.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
CatCatDragoo at 7:40PM, March 7, 2009
(offline)
TTwTT Oh… I totally love ya DarkChibi-chama… <3
My pride and joooy~! x3

FFA motto:
Learning to Do
Doing to Learn
Earning to Live
Living to Serve
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM

Forgot Password