Media Megaforum

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust, Betrayl, and Reflection
Huxley at 3:29AM, May 24, 2006
(offline)
I just watched most of the second movie yesterday and most of the last movie and just………wow. I thought the anime was good but when I saw this it was so much better. It looked perfectly drawn, colored and the animation was great. The action was great too. Especially in Betrayl, it was so bloody it wasn't even funny.
Anyone else watched one of these dvds or atleast likes the show.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
ccs1989 at 6:26PM, May 24, 2006
(online)
I really enjoyed the Kyoto arc of the show, which I thought was great. And the OVA's are very well done. Unfortunatly the first season was pretty standard and the third season was LAME AS ANYTHING.

In conclusion, OVAs and Kyoto Arc rock.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Eggbert at 10:05PM, May 24, 2006
(offline)
I remember this being a very good show!

The last bit I was saw was them fighting this villain that couldn't feel pain cause of burn wounds and had a crazy fire fixation. I felt like the show ended right there, mostly because that was the last episode cartoon network showed. I hear it goes on beyond that, and gets very bad, so I'll just consider that the end of the series.

I remember being shocked by how uncensored cartoon network was showing it. I mean, aside from the really brutal wounds (hole in Kenshin's chest!) it was largely untouched.

That arc that was about a strange group of fighters run by a dude with a really short sword and that one guy with a demon mask was really good too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
ccs1989 at 1:07PM, May 27, 2006
(online)
Kenshin will always retain a special place in my heart because I watched it when I wasn't so jaded with anime, and even more, my dad watched it with me and really liked it. It's certaintly one of the more memorable series that I've seen.

However I feel like ‘Bang Zoom Entertainment’ (who dubbed the show) really slaughtered it. They chose a deep voiced guy with no voice inflection for Kenshin, and a bunch of generic and fake sounding voice actors for the other characters. When you watch it in Japanese you're drawn in, but when watching it in English it's like your constantly reminded that it's a cartoon.

The Owibanshu arc which Eggbert mentioned is also good, mostly because it was the first real storyarc in the series and it marked where it got more serious. However the first season was also filled with filler episodes with one about some traveling circus and another about a Sumo Wrestler. The former felt completely out of context in Meiji era Japan.

There was one filler episode when the Kenshin group is on a train which was pretty good though.

Edit- The manga is 28 volumes.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
Eggbert at 9:09PM, May 27, 2006
(offline)
ccs1989
There was one filler episode when the Kenshin group is on a train which was pretty good though.
\

I remember that one! The giant sword fellow was conivinced the train ran on some kind of dark magic. That was funny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
ccs1989 at 7:35AM, May 28, 2006
(online)
Yeah. He thought that the smokestack would suck out his soul.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved