Debate and Discussion

Sarah Palin .. the devil or just out right scary ?
beautifully_demonic at 4:59PM, Oct. 4, 2008
(offline)
I am probably never going to the united states because Sarah Pailin scares me .. she just makes me very angry to know the my genderactually spawned one of those THINGS .. but anyway I am not trying to force my oppinion upon anyone but what do you think ??

I am not a United Statesien but … I am still concerned about these things
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

1f u c4n r34d 7h1s u r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
Skullbie at 6:31PM, Oct. 4, 2008
(online)
I literally hate Palin, i wanted to be supportive of her because she's a woman and physically attractive but in reality she's just a conservative evangelist male politician in high heels. For someone who is a woman she sure loves to take away womans rights(put a charge on rape victims examinations, no abortion even of rape and incest, abstinance is the ONLY pregnancy prevention she says(despite her daughter being pregnant with a deadbeat), wants to ‘cure’ homosexuals through religious prayer)

McCain's a good guy though, he's always taken the right steps when being the Governor of my state.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Chernobog at 8:20PM, Oct. 4, 2008
(offline)
Although I'm generally apolitical, I find Palin blatantly revolting. I don't want to lay out a slew of negative impressions about her, but she fails to impress so much as she succeeds at being an embarrassment and a concern that someone that backwards could be president, in a worst case scenario. When I talk to others about the candidates, I haven't met anyone that actually likes her. Palin seems to evoke a polarizing viewpoint and I think McCain would have done a lot better with someone else. I don't want to see this country go back to the worst parts of the middle of the past century because of an agenda of moral tyranny.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
JoeL_CQB at 8:21PM, Oct. 4, 2008
(online)
I hated Palin when McCain selected her to be his running mate.

If McCain dies while in office, shit will hit the fan.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=186763
(2nd section)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
kyupol at 10:25PM, Oct. 4, 2008
(offline)

lmao!!!

Now I feel good. I remember bumbling during a job interview and I was feeling stupid. But at least I wasnt this bad. hehehe… lol!
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
ozoneocean at 1:37AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
You know what the affected style of republicans like Palin, McCain, and especially Bush Jnr reminds me of? -Pill Hartman's Caveman Lawyer sketch on SNL.

The idea is that they act like morons in order to get some popular appeal… None of them are as horribly stupid as they act. They're not the brightest lights on the Christmas tree either, but they're certainly ALL “elites” and mix in the sort of circles that very strongly exclude the sorts of “simple folk” they're trying to emulate.

Which is ironic. To me :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
bravo1102 at 7:16AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
Hello I'm an American and it seems unlike everyone else around here, I hang out with middle-of-the-road average American Joes. They not only agree with Sarah Palin but they like her. This is not the east or west coasts but middle America the grand majority who see themselves as average, work in jobs not needing a college education and are not the elites.

Sarah Palin is decidedly not an elite. She's middle-of-the-road who's done well for herself. We're the elites in this case looking down our noses at her. Time we looked in the mirrors people and realized we're the “creative” elite class with pretentions of grandeur.

Personally I hate Joe Biden a lot more than her because I've followed his career since that whole plagarism mess. What an ass.

Having read some bios of Harry Truman, guess what? Sarah Plain is from the same mold. Of course she has the wrong political values, but you should listen to the average schlubs extoll her virtues. But of course Obama will win. Doesn't matter to me, I live in a state that's ruled by stupid give it all away tax-and spend-liberals take away my freedoms, all my life. And I'm not even a conservative! My liberal Feminist sister after 35 years in government is telling me how it works and it hurts.

Sarah Palin is like a breath of fresh air in her simplicity and sincerity. Please I want Harry Truman (who by the way was hated and looked down upon for the same reasons Sarah Plain is today, how about Eisenhower? How will history see all this that I've lived through?)

As George Bernard Shaw put it: “History as always, will lie.” (Devil's Diciple)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
mlai at 7:25AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
Someone
Sarah Palin is like a breath of fresh air in her simplicity and sincerity.
8 years of simplicity, sincerity, Christian righteousness, and go-to decisiveness ain't enough for ya, huh?

Wheeee, 8 years of all those good things and look where that got USA and the world today.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Croi Dhubh at 8:58AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(offline)
beautifully_demonic
I am probably never going to the united states because Sarah Pailin scares me .. she just makes me very angry to know the my genderactually spawned one of those THINGS .. but anyway I am not trying to force my oppinion upon anyone but what do you think ??

Of course…she's a woman in power in the USA who isn't a liberal. Everyone outside the USA and a few in the USA are going to hate her for that with no other real reason.

Palin is good.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
SpANG at 8:59AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
Someone
Sarah Palin is like a breath of fresh air in her simplicity and sincerity.
Sincerity? Yeah, right.

mlai
8 years of simplicity, sincerity, Christian righteousness, and go-to decisiveness ain't enough for ya, huh?

Wheeee, 8 years of all those good things and look where that got USA and the world today.
Finally, someone that sees the exact same thing as I do. Palin is a female version of George W. Bush. Right down to the ‘folksy’ way she talks. This is Republican Strategies 101, folks. Make the candidate seem approachable. The fact that McCain picked HER over a plethora of QUALIFIED republican candidates should be a real insult to conservatives.

These right wing pundits said it best. Oh, but they said it AFTER they thought they were being recorded.

(cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys – this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And –

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this –

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this – excuse me– political bullshit about narratives –

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what' sreally the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
ozoneocean at 9:15AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
Sarah Palin is decidedly not an elite. She's middle-of-the-road who's done well for herself. We're the elites in this case looking down our noses at her. Time we looked in the mirrors people and realized we're the “creative” elite class with pretentions of grandeur.
lol!
She certainly IS elite.
And you're 100% taken in by the “I'm just a simple thunkun, moose kill'n woman” routine. They're elite in terms of the wealthy circles they mix in that were the reason they were placed into those positions of power in the first place, not some silly idea of “intellectual” elitism. What's that? a joke! How could that be “elite” when anyone can be smart? Jebus.

Nonnonononono. Sarah Palin and crew are your American upper-class elites and they do the Phill Hartman caveman Lawyer routine so fricken well they're admirably masterful at it. :)
The Dems should take a leaf out of their book and run around saying things like:

“Well HOW-deee boy! Whut do y'all thunk O' ma new Per-sona? Ah'm jus a simple ol' cow-poke, with simple ah-deas boy, an' ah know whut's right and whut's not. So don't y'all be bam-boozlin' me with any o' that there clever city-talk! Praise th' lord! HoooWeeee! Boy-howdy. Ah'm not an eee-leet! No Sir, no how!”

lba at 9:37AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
Plain and simple, I don't know if I've ever seen the American people quite this fiercely divided over anything in my 20 years of life. Now granted, that could be because as a kid, I paid little attention to politics, but it seems like even those people who are older find this a particularly divisive debate. For whatever reason, It all makes me think I'll be writing in a candidate, which I've already been told by no less than 10 people in the last two days is as good as throwing my ballot away.

Hello I'm an American and it seems unlike everyone else around here, I hang out with middle-of-the-road average American Joes. They not only agree with Sarah Palin but they like her. This is not the east or west coasts but middle America the grand majority who see themselves as average, work in jobs not needing a college education and are not the elites.
I worked and lived with those people for the last 4 years of my life on a logging team, in a hardware store and as a dock worker. And nothing anyone says will ever convince me that there is anything whatsoever “apple pie and good old fashioned values” about the American midwest people. Those were the people who I had to send home on a routine basis for drunkenness at work, fire them for excessive drug use and who generally behaved in ways that were in no way related to old-fashioned values. Maybe it was just my part of Iowa, but I will
never believe any of the bullshit about them all being republicans with middle-of-the-road/Ward Cleaver values or all being good old country boys who play football and hunt. There were definitely a few like that who truly were good guys, but in my experience, the good people of middle America were every bit as divided and fubar as the rest of us. In fact, the most moral and straightforward people I've met were the ones everyone expects to be addicts, abusers and have issues, namely: artists.

Now, if you were being sarcastic, them my apologies, but I simply cannot stand the pipedream of Middle America after having lived there for as long as I did without seeing a single thing that made that concept seem anything more than a myth. Beyond that, you're more than welcome to hold your own values, ideas and morals. I wouldn't mind seeing those sorts of values in America myself. I have no problem at all with that and I gladly hold the line “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend your right to say it to the death.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Insanity at 11:45AM, Oct. 5, 2008
(offline)
She is insane. And stupid. That is all.

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Mushroomcomix at 2:53PM, Oct. 5, 2008
(offline)
Its simple… if you want healthcare to continue to rise and become unaffordable, if you want birth control and abortions banned completely, if you want to make the middle class equal to the lower class while the upper class becomes ten times richer, if you want prayer brought into school than vote for McCain and Palin. I myself will be obtaining arms and preparing for a good old fashioned peasant revolt. I am one of those in a job that does not require a college education, but I am also obtaining a college education while at this job and tuition is extremely unaffordable, if McCain and Palin are elected tuition will also become more unaffordable and I'll end up with my grandchildren paying off my student loans after I'm dead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
bravo1102 at 7:56PM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
Of course I was being sarcastic. Please everyone look at the signature please? I'm a sarcastic crumudgen. :) I never mean anything completely seriously except that nothing is to be taken seriously.

I am glad that SpANG saw where I was going with my simplicity and sincerity, remark. Of course it was a reference to “aw shucks” G.W. Why did I vote for him again? Oh yeah, I liked Al Gore and John Kerry less. The voters in a democracy get the government they deserve, not the one they want. ;)

As far as I'm concerned no one has the right to call themselves elites except SAS, Special Forces, Spetznatz, (Navy Flyers who were POWs) etc. They earned it.

And Oz, you're as much of an elite as Sarah Palin, except you wish you had the power she did. Your remarks were transparent with a slight tinge of green. You are an elite and your resent being reminded of it. You can't deny it because any attempt to refute it is more proof that you are one. :) So there. (It sounds best to say the above in a Groucho Marx voice and flick a few cigar ashes around)

“It doesn't matter what you say, I'll be against it anyway, whatever it is I'm against it!”

Did you ever get the feeling that you were living through the years of the Chester Alan Arthur presidentcy or something? How about Calvin Coolidge? Less than mediocre, but better than a total disaster. Now that's a lot to look forward to.
Hawk at 8:59PM, Oct. 5, 2008
(online)
beautifully_demonic

Palin's actually a great topic since we haven't discussed her much, but it's odd… You didn't really tell us why you disliked her. I think you should fill us in a little more on what caused you to form that opinion.

And I hope the bit about never coming to the USA because of Palin was just hyperbole… We'd love to have you stop by sometime.

All I can say about the lady is that after watching the Vice Presidential debate they had a little while ago, I was not impressed by her answers. It felt like even after all the fluff she spoke, I didn't really understand her plans and intentions if she were to become the vice president. She would say she had plans to fix things, but not mention what the plan was at all. I didn't feel like she was “the devil” or “scary”, but she did nothing to sway my vote.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
lothar at 9:00AM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)

and she talks like a fourth-grader
when saying that Obama was
“palling around with terrorists who target their own country”
and what did she say when asked about the bailout ? something like it was due to the corruption on wallstreet , and that was it .
she realy thinks people are that dumb ?

also
i heard that Mc cain has some sorta skin cancer and the doctors have given him 2-4 years to live . after they swift boat Obama (and you know it will prolly work( i just hope that old man mc cain watches his health.
i think they just might have found someone crazier than bush

ahhh , and people get on my case for making references to sheep and the undead.
go ahead America , prove me wrong
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
bravo1102 at 11:06AM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)
Hawk
All I can say about the lady is that after watching the Vice Presidential debate they had a little while ago, I was not impressed by her answers. It felt like even after all the fluff she spoke, I didn't really understand her plans and intentions if she were to become the vice president. She would say she had plans to fix things, but not mention what the plan was at all.

She also repeated herself a lot. She re-used some of her answers verbatim. I like the simplicity and apparent sincerity in how she speaks, that's one of the few things I still like about G.W. Bush. I don't like what she or G.W. have to say anymore, but I like how they say it. Like that matters. At least they are actually saying something as opposed to the smoke and mirror rhetoric of an Obama speech.

There is so much dirt with all of them and so few real answers and definite plans that I just don't know what to think. There are more reasons not to vote for either candidate than there are to vote for one of them.

Maybe I'll vote for Benjamin Harrison or Milliard Filmore. At least I know how incompetent they were.
Ronson at 5:18PM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)
Up until a year or so ago, Palin never left the country. She didn't have a passport.

Up until she was picked to be vp, she didn't have any opinions about the war in Iraq except that there should be an exit strategy.

Both Palin and McCain have said they really don't understand economics. (Palin got a “D” in it in college, and McCain aspired to read Greenspan's book).

Palin is incurious. She is not interested in the world around her, just like GWB. Just like McCain in many ways. (Sure, McCain has gone on hundreds of junkets, but they were photo-ops or paid vacations.)

We need a president who actually is interested in how things work. And one who is able to work with people who disagree with him/her. How can someone who doesn't care why someone thinks something ever come to an understanding with that person?

___

Now for the problem…

America is undereducated, and our media is corporate controlled. While Republican and Democratic positions are mostly represented (Republican more than Democratic, but that's another argument), there is no discussion in our media about any alternatives.

- Republicans and Democrates debate about how we'll “export democracy around the world”, but never whether or not we should be doing it in the first place.

- Neither Republicans not Democrats are willing to look at the failed “war on drugs” and see the harm it does to neighboring countries (almost always to corporate wishes) nor the fact that it doesn't work. Discussing drug legalization is impossible as either side would stomp the other if they tried.

- Neither Republicans or Democrats are willing to really examine our broken voting system, nor are they willing to point out when the other (so far only Republicans) start caging and suppressing votes. The reasoning is that if the system gets them elected, they don't want to fix it.

- Neither works toward transparency in government, because that would give too much power to the people.

Why is this? Mostly corporate bias in the selection of what news we get to see. Also a result of a decades broken educational system that does not teach rational discussion and deduction and emphasizes jingoistic patriotism and over-emphasizes that all opinions are valid.

I fear that we will see a President Palin in one form or another as a result of poor education of the populace and election fraud. After all, that's what GWB is, and there's still a much too large group of people who approve of him.

Possibly this election, possibly the net.\\

_____

RE: Biden's “plagiarism”

Have you ever actually researched that? It really isn't a big deal. It was blown out of proportion by his opponents.

_____

RE: Obama's “smoke and mirrors”

Like what? His speeches explain his vision, his writing explains the process he will use to achieve them. Naturally, a plan written a year ago won't work exactly like it will need to work a year from now, but the ideas are solid.

I don't see any vision coming from any other candidate, and that includes Nader and Barr as well as McCain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
lothar at 6:10PM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)
well said Ronson . i am so tired of this situation where someone cant even point out obvious flaws in the country without getting attacked for being “against America ”. its like some of these peoples brains are simply loaded with “if they say that - i say this ” with no apearent thought in the background . it's really disapointing
mlai at 6:48PM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)
Regarding McCain's cynicism…

When he first surfaced on the mainstream media rada (during the early days of the Iraq War), I had a good impression of him. After all, he's publicly denouncing Bush and saying out loud what the reasonably-informed portion of the public is thinking. He was standing up to Bushco and not in a partisan way. If the presidential election is right then, I'd prolly vote for him.

But then the pundits started saying how the man is changing… into another cynical politician. Maybe he smelled the presidential possibility, and got corrupted. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt: So he's rounding out his words now… he has to… action will speak louder.

Well, the definitive action has come… He chose Palin as VP. Now, I know it's not just bias from partisan pundits. He just showed by himself how cynical he has become (or was all along), and how little he thinks of Americans.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
ozoneocean at 7:29PM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)
mlai
Well, the definitive action has come… He chose Palin as VP. Now, I know it's not just bias from partisan pundits. He just showed by himself how cynical he has become (or was all along), and how little he thinks of Americans.
So true. Such a shame. His earlier stance was so admirable. :(
I've heard about anti Obama ads where they have Obama saying something about how bombs have fallen on civilians in Afghanistan. And the commentary is that say that is “dangerous” and “un-American”. Jebus. WTF? That's as much a reason to vote against McCain that any other. Denying the costs of war is horrific an inhuman. WHoever created those ads should be jailed for life. -_-

lothar at 7:25AM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
yea ! i think Obama said something like ‘we should focus more on Afganistan so we’re not bombing and killing civilians'
and then mc cain said that was a "dishonorable' thing to say
ohhhh? so is it honorable to ignore the killing of innocents ?
it's making me sick the way mc cain and palin are playing this se no evil hear no evil patriotism act .
*if you wear a flag pin you're a patriot american .
if you show compassion for the human beings getting obliterated by american bombs you're a terrorist .*
i'm watching the debate rite now youtube , palins tactics are so idiotic , i can't believe people will fall for this shit .. again !
bravo1102 at 8:45AM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
As a teacher with aspriations of publishing a paper I take any sort of plagarism very seriously. He borrowed without attribution, and that very action is enough to matter. If he had just quoted rather than stole it'd be fine. Plagarism is plagarism. If he had been a college professor rather than a politician he would have been fired. I can see getting inspiration, but he copied without attribution.

As for Obama's smoke and mirrors, vision is one thing, empty rhetoric is another. I put on the BS filter and it didn't fly. It sounded great, I loved it, but it didn't fly. It didn't resonate on reflection. :( Martin Luther King jr and JFK were espousing a vision, Obama is repeating rhetoric that goes back to the 1970s. And it pisses me off that it sounds so good but doesn't mean anything. I prefer pragmatism to pie in the sky vision that in the end means nothing.

Here's a question: if a politician slings mud and it's completely true is it still offensive? Aren't some behavior and choices more important if questionable than others? Does it matter how it's presented if it's completely true?
ozoneocean at 9:47AM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
Here's a question: if a politician slings mud and it's completely true is it still offensive? Aren't some behavior and choices more important if questionable than others? Does it matter how it's presented if it's completely true?
I don't know about outright offensive, but is it even relevant? I mean, Palin's crap about Obama and terrorists is so childishly tenuous. It's offensive too because she's drawing silly inferences. It'd be like the democrats attacking her for being a beauty queen, saying that she actively supports the objectification and subjugation of women, the rating and categorising of them based on arbitrary aesthetic standards, all because she participated in stupid beauty pageants once upon a time.

As for Obama being full of empty rhetoric: yep. Not uncommon with politicians. Very rarely do they have much genuine stuff to say. I'd include Kennedy in that as well, and most definitely McCain. lol!
The shame of it is that for a while there McCain really did stand for something. His betrayal of all that a good reason not to support his camp.

Skullbie at 10:05AM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
saying that she actively supports the objectification and subjugation of women, the rating and categorising of them based on arbitrary aesthetic standards, all because she participated in stupid beauty pageants once upon a time.

It's mostly the women in America that are attacking Palin so ruthlessly, we finnally got Hilary out of the spotlight and bam, an anti-abortion moose hunting evangelist steps in the place.-_- Doesn't make us girls look good from a political perspective.

I think the slander against her is pretty up front and extreme at times but really women in the media and at home just want her to go the hell away so a bright woman they like can step into office. If i think about it this situation, it's kinda like being in high school. Palin's the popular girl who's stepped on one too many average girls toes, and now those girls are ruining her reputation because they can.

Oh Palin, if only you were a liberal.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
YuKiKoDeSu07 at 7:24AM, Oct. 9, 2008
(offline)
I respect that Palin is a woman trying to make it in politics and I also respect that she's more down to earth than all uptight like most politicians. However, that is the only thing she has going for her.
I don't like the way she does things and I don't like the things she stands for.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
SpANG at 1:30PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
As a teacher with aspriations of publishing a paper I take any sort of plagarism very seriously. He borrowed without attribution, and that very action is enough to matter. If he had just quoted rather than stole it'd be fine. Plagarism is plagarism. If he had been a college professor rather than a politician he would have been fired. I can see getting inspiration, but he copied without attribution.
When it comes to Biden…
plagiarism = bad

But when it comes to McCain
plagiarism = acceptable (link)
Or… at least you didn't mention it. Wonder why?

And when it comes to Palin…
book banning = acceptable (link)

That's truly remarkable.

As far as Obama's “smoke and mirrors”… It's an overused, under-researched concept. The reason Obama doesn't lay out most of his proposals while stumping (although he has laid out many) is because that part of politics is dry and uninteresting to the general public. Everything about his view and policies can be seen on his website. Everything. He's using a brand new media to reach people, and he's using it better than any politician ever has. And that's why McCain can't see it. :)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
bravo1102 at 7:23PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
Now you know why I changed my mind about McCain. I'm not certain who I'm voting for anymore. I'm sick of Obama= Commie/terrorist and McCain= republican (that's all you need to say and Palin is a conservative! EEEK!)
But R=evil and D=good is getting tired to me, even if you are saying the same exact things my beloved older sister is. Could you stop quoting from obvious democratic sites and quote from someone from the other side? Anyone. Of course not, they're evil or stupid or both. ;) (like my wonderful gun-nut, NRA member, retired Army, super-republican brother)

And here I am caught in the middle, in a state that would never go for McCain even if he were another Lincoln. You see, NJ didn't go for Lincoln the first two times around either. :)
ozoneocean at 10:05PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
This thing is about Sarah Palin though. If McCain became president and she the vice-pres, and he died in office, would you really want to be stuck with her?

I think she could probably handle the job as well as the current U.S. president, but she'd almost certainly be another Bush Jnr. Only with less of his stupid schemes regarding foreign policy… BUT it's a sure bet that with her things will get worse with Iran, with the middle East situation and with Russia, because the people messing up those situations are the same who'll be behind her in office, and she'll be subordinate to them the same way Bush Jnr is now.

At least with Obama you get a clean break from that mess, for obvious reasons (completely different party), and new and likely much better ways of managing it, since the old ones have proved so useless.
They'd also be more free to take a better tack on the U.S. economy, not being mired by the same loyalties the last lot have been stuck with that've coloured their judgement and have again proved ruinous.

-other world governments can blame their economic woes on the current world economic climate. But not the U.S., since it was solidly the cause, and who's been in charge for the past few years while it was getting worse? …yeah ;)

I think I've pointed you in the right direction now :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved