Media Megaforum

Saw Spidey 3! (no spoilers, please)
ProfessorF at 8:37AM, May 4, 2007
(offline)
I saw spidey three at a midnight showing last night.. I'm still digesting it, but I truly do believe it was the best yet.. More action than the previous two, and having three “villains” actually worked pretty well.

Though, I'm not yet sold on Spider-Man 4. I think they should quit while they're ahead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
AQua_ng at 10:07AM, May 4, 2007
(online)
High five. I just saw it an hour ago.

It was a win.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
that kid yellow at 10:22AM, May 4, 2007
(online)
i heard so many bad reviews…..is it worth it
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
AQua_ng at 11:00AM, May 4, 2007
(online)
In my opinion, it was worth it.

“What are you waiting for, Chinese New Year?!”

BEST QUOTE EVER.

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
ccs1989 at 1:36PM, May 4, 2007
(online)
It's getting panned by every critic who sees it, and so far it has a 61% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm seeing it tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I expect the special effect will be good though.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
really not lefarce at 2:07PM, May 4, 2007
(offline)
ccs1989
It's getting panned by every critic who sees it, and so far it has a 61% on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm seeing it tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I expect the special effect will be good though.

Saw it. The CGI looks like ass and fail, and the storyline is utter garbage if you're a Venom fan. Hell, they only stuck him in there to appease fans and sell tickets. The script writer also wrote himself into a corner, and you can tell so hard. The film was at one point going to be divided in two, but I suppose that made too much God damn sense, so they said “fuck it” and now we're all stuck with a lack luster installment.

How and why they are making a fourth film is beyond me. Can anyone say “Batman and Robin”?

I can.

Batman and Robin.
:( I miss the Tater Salad and Lukee era of the TD…
Rape, Talk about rape, the official site of rape, [url=
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6640/talesqt6.png]more rape
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
aquacow at 6:06PM, May 4, 2007
(offline)
Saw it at midnight. Thought it was okay. Needed more Venom but the Bruce Campbell scene was gold. Certainly enjoyable but not a knock out “good” movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
fern at 8:41PM, May 4, 2007
(online)
Conor Oberst was great as Peter Parker.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Hawk at 9:37PM, May 4, 2007
(online)
ccs1989

If it was getting panned by every critic, wouldn't it be getting 0% on Rotten Tomatoes? The 61% it's at right now actually isn't bad. That's the same exact score that 300 got.

I'll see Spiderman 3 tomorrow as well. Not getting your hopes up is a good idea, because that makes it harder to get let down. That's my strategy with most movies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Mystic Hand at 10:56PM, May 4, 2007
(online)
I went in expecting not to like Spider-Man 3, but it surpassed my wildest un-expectations.

To me it was one of the most extravagantly awful movies I've ever seen. About 3/4 of the people in the theater laughed at all the moments that were supposed to be heartfelt or touching. That gives me some hope for humanity.

Bruce Campbell's scene was awesome though.

fern
Conor Oberst was great as Peter Parker.
Ha ha! (I was thinking Jared Leto from 30 Seconds to Mars.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
snark at 1:40AM, May 5, 2007
(offline)
My dad managed to sleep with enough people to get tickets to a pre-release screening of Spidey 3, except I was overseas at the time >_<

Though from the reviews I'm hearing, I'm starting to wonder if I really did miss out
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
jalford at 2:22AM, May 5, 2007
(online)
I thought it was good. Althought it OVER-played the “Peter & M.J. sitting in a tree…” way too much. Once again, most of the movie was focused on their relationship. They should do the 4th film with them married prior to the opening credits. No wedding scene or anything, just have them already married, and Peter having moved out of that Greek-dominated shithole.

It was weird having Spidey team up with Goblin Jr. It'd be like Batman asking Joker to help him fight aliens or something, but then again it's not like he knew any other people with superpowers to call for help since there's no Avengers in this continuity.

Plus, with all the thugs, carjackers, bank robbers, crackheads, etc. that Spidey's busted and sent to jail, does it make sense that he just LET Sandman dust off into the sunset like that? I mean, he might've forgiven him for killing his uncle, but the guy was still a convicted murderer/robber/escaped convict WITH SUPERPOWERS! As if he didn't cause enough collateral damage before he was transmographied, now he's choking random people on the street to death with sand just by flying past them, which by the way is an ability he never had in the comics.

Considering they had about 3 villains in this one, 2 of which died in it, they're gonna have to wheel out the Sinster Six by Part 4. There's also that leftover piece of the symbiote in Dr. Conners lab which could become Carnage.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing THIS crossover in theatres:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 8:26AM, May 5, 2007
(online)
jalford
STUFF

Didn't the title of this thread say “no spoilers, please”?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
jalford at 12:33PM, May 5, 2007
(online)
It said “please”, but it wasn't demanding it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
PhatScurl at 12:51PM, May 5, 2007
(offline)
Well, I'm not gonna say i was impressed or displeased with the movie. I was satisfied.

I went to see it with a huge group of friends, and we had the theater rolling with every comment we made. So it made a fine outing.

But one thing i was kind of disappointed with…this time they didn't even BOTHER to try to follow the comic. Usually i complain that they vaguely follow the story but not completely, but, and i know this is hypocritical, there was nothing i could compare this to.

There were some bad acting scenes with Tobey, and Mary-Janes voice overs when she is singing just made me cringe. They made it match pretty good, but it sounded NOTHING like Kiersten Dunst if you can imagine her singing.

And the ending is kind of Anti-climatic, especially the way Spidey discovers the symbiotes weakness to ultrasonic sound.

The action was good though, and I can't say they made Venom “wrong” which i was very happy with, and me and my friends enjoyed each other.

Anyway i have to disagree with AQua_ng, the best line in the movie was
“I've seen things in this house, that i dare not speak of…”

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
AQua_ng at 12:34AM, May 6, 2007
(online)

Ho-ho-ho.

What I don't get is the fact that so many people died and came back to life. The New Goblin practically died, like, what? Four times. Four goddamn times. The scene were Parker ‘struts his stuff’ was hilarious. Pity Tobey gained some weight.

K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
Inkmonkey at 6:38AM, May 6, 2007
(online)
I think that there are criticisms to make about the movie, but I find that the “problems” with the movie, more often than not, only related to very minor aspects of the overall film. One thing I can say is that, despite its 2.5 hours, the movie felt rushed from time to time, which is pretty understandable considering all the plots going on at once. I will say, though, that this movie handled the multiple villain angle better than any other comic book movie I can recall at the moment.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
really not lefarce at 9:13AM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
Inkmonkey
I think that there are criticisms to make about the movie, but I find that the “problems” with the movie, more often than not, only related to very minor aspects of the overall film.

Because when the black suit saga was first being written, they totally envisioned this:

:( I miss the Tater Salad and Lukee era of the TD…
Rape, Talk about rape, the official site of rape, [url=
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6640/talesqt6.png]more rape
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
ccs1989 at 9:23AM, May 6, 2007
(online)
Saw it yesterday. Emo-looking, Saturday-Night Fever-esque Peter Parker is at both instances the most hilarious and most horrible character ever. Also what was with all those musical numbers? Is this movie in preperation for “Spiderman Comes to Broadway”?

Jameson had some good lines in there, like the Chinese New Year one, but the scene at the end with the little girl and the camera…? What? That seemed incredibly forced. Also why'd they get a comedy actor to play Venom? Eddy Brock is supposed to be muscle bound, not a snappy photo-journalist. That's Parker's job. I guess they wanted to play up the rival thing, but I didn't think it worked.

Overall it was entertaining but horrible. I really don't see how they can make a fourth one out of everything that happened in this one.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 12:30PM, May 6, 2007
(online)
ccs1989
Also why'd they get a comedy actor to play Venom? Eddy Brock is supposed to be muscle bound, not a snappy photo-journalist. That's Parker's job. I guess they wanted to play up the rival thing, but I didn't think it worked.

Overall it was entertaining but horrible. I really don't see how they can make a fourth one out of everything that happened in this one.

I loved Topher Grace… sorry but he was freaking hot. I mean, the film franchise can't ride on Tobey Maguire's iffy-at-best lack of good looks… I mean sure it had James Franco in it, but *censors self*
I thought evil-spidey was freaking brilliant. I loved him. with his emo hair and his weird dancing.

haha I didn't really get what was going on though, due to medical maladies (I hadn't slept in two days, hadn't eaten in over 12 hours, and was hopped up on caffeine pills… creating a strange euphoric sense but an overall inability to walk in a straight line or get what was going on in Spiderman), and the graphics seemed to be whizzing by too fast for my eyes to focus on.
but I had a really fun time anyway, even though non-evil spidey was a little bitch.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
Phantom Penguin at 12:44PM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
I liked the movie alot….until Mr.parker went all fucking emo for a good hour or so. I wanted to knock his ass out. But all in all I liked it.

All the music was misplaced but I still found it pretty funny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Inkmonkey at 1:03PM, May 6, 2007
(online)
I loved the sequences with Asshole Spider-Man. I find it odd, though, that in his “black suit” mode he's actually pretty energetic and confident, but his standard mode is to be kind of self-judgemental and emo; yet he puts on the emo hair once he gets the black suit. It seemed so arbitrary too, he literally just walked by a reflective surface and flicked his hair down. I understand the desire for a visual cue that Pete's switching “modes”, but I think they could have gone with something that wouldn't be so easily mocked.

I liked the changes to Venom, personally. Actually, I'd dare say that Topher was the best part of the movie, barring some very cool stuff with Sandman. I think he really brought out how Eddie/Venom is meant to be a bit of an antithesis to Pete/Spidey. I don't think the movie would have worked with a gruff, musclebound Eddie. The chemistry was just better with a guy like Topher, who makes the character more like a “rival” than a “nemesis”.
Priceman at 3:52PM, May 6, 2007
(online)
Saw it. Loved it. That being said, I do have some gripes:

1). The butler knew for Years, that Norman Osborne killed himself, and didn't tell Harry a damn thing??? I was waiting for Harry to stab his ass, but it never came. :(

2). Letting Sandman go? Yea, that's smart. A villian cries and he's instantly forgiven? C'mon.

3). Peter dancing = A big no-no. Funny as hell, but a no-no.

4). The symbiote can't survive for long without a host; however, for some reason, it stays in the form of the dark suit until Peter needs it? The way Venom's suit was done was perfect though.

Venom was awesome! Bring on Carnage!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Inkmonkey at 4:05PM, May 6, 2007
(online)
As far as the suit staying a “suit” for Pete and a “skin” for Eddie, I think it has to do with the mood of the creature. With Pete it was basically trying to gradually integrate itself into his life, and part of that was being less dominant (retains the look of his existing suit, doesn't turn his face into a monster, etc.). Whereas by the time it got to Eddie it was pissed, skipped all that bullshit and jumped straight to ass-whoopin' mode.

And personally, I thought the dancing was genious. Something I've always felt the movies lost in comparison to the comics was the sense of humor, especially on Spidey's part. Usually he's very timid as Peter, but once he gets the mask on he's wise crackin' and goofing off. To me the whole black-suited “dance” sequence was a bit of “what if Peter still acted like Spider-Man when he wasn't in costume”. Taken a few steps further, of course, but it's nice to see Spidey be funny again.
Mega Josh at 4:26PM, May 6, 2007
(offline)
I just got back from seeing the movie. My uncle wanted to go and take me with him, so I figured why not.

And, it was alright. Not the best of the three, but alright. The best parts were the fights, when Peter strutted his stuff, and when he bitch-slapped MJ. most of everything else was meh, and some parts were just awful.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
Allan at 4:55PM, May 6, 2007
(online)
I'm seeing it sometime next week. I'm really looking forward to it… seeing as how I'm seeing it in Imax. That should rock.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Hawk at 10:22PM, May 6, 2007
(online)
I enjoyed the movie. Sure, I had gripes with some stuff, but it was enjoyable enough with good action that I'm not upset. I know some angry people are lighting torches right now, but for having as many things going on as the movie did, they handled it okay.

I think 2 was still the best of them.

1). “The butler knew for Years, that Norman Osborne killed himself, and didn't tell Harry a damn thing??? I was waiting for Harry to stab his ass, but it never came. :(”

There's one of my gripes, too. It's like after all that time, the butler's like, “Oh, by the way, your father was the Green Goblin and he killed himself” Why wait until then and say it at such an opportune time?

3). “Peter dancing = A big no-no. Funny as hell, but a no-no.”

I'm very conflicted on what I saw there. I wasn't sure if it was great or very VERY wrong. In the end I decided that I like it. I have this strange urge to wear a black suit and do the very same thing in front of a store.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Rich at 12:07AM, May 7, 2007
(online)
I had fun watching SM3, but not for the right reasons. It was filled with sappy garbage and not enough asskicking and not enough plot. This resulted in unintentional lulz, mainly at serious moments like when Peter bitch-slapped Mary Jane.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
Mega Josh at 12:24AM, May 7, 2007
(offline)
Rich
when Peter bitch-slapped Mary Jane.
I had to stop myself from cheering when I saw that part.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
marine at 5:46AM, May 7, 2007
(offline)
You losers missed the point of venom. He's anti-spiderman. He's basicly the same type of wisecracking good guy, except he never had uncle ben to teach him great power comes great responsibility. Because of that, he uses lethal force against people.

I found the movie to be made of pure win. I enjoyed it almost as much as a good blowjob.

I'm unsatisfied by the game though. Major let down.

Some really great scenes were jaded by really shitty scenes. The sandman flying away to rob another bank was pretty bad. Venom had a pretty awesome death though, with those pipes. I was curious what'd happen since he couldn't get the sonic disrupter from Reed Richards.

Another great scene is right towards the end, spiderman lands in front of an american flag. I laughed out loud. Also laughed at him hitting mary jane, flicking over his devil lock, stan lee's cameo, ted raimi's cameo, and ash's cameo. Also at one point towards the end, some woman three seats behind me yelled “this is too fucking scary!” and I laughed at her.

I really thought the special effects were good. I hated the Black Cat still isn't in it. Also hated Mary Jane. Kirsten Dunst is such a sour puss. Almost as bad as Jennifer Aniston. She's just very off putting. Her singing was dreadful.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved