Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Screwy Y Axis in GIMP
jay raj at 8:47PM, July 1, 2008
(offline)
I'm trying to ink in GIMP (suggested by some of you in the other thread), but every time I use my tablet in GIMP, it inverts the Y Axis, making it nearly impossible to be accurate with inking. Have any of you had this problem? Do you know how to fix this? Thanks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
jay raj at 9:38PM, July 8, 2008
(offline)
Sorry for replying to my own topic, but this is really screwing me over.

I want to do my inking in GIMP because of its tablet sensitivity. The y axis on every layer is inverted for drawing, so I can't really do anything about it. Is this GIMP's fault, or does my computer just suck??

Sorry again for asking twice … but I'm starting to feel like I shouldn't even try using GIMP anymore - it seems to be more trouble than it's worth … but I know I won't get my inks to look real nice with Paint.net. What a dilemma. :(
Raccoo at 12:44AM, July 9, 2008
(online)
So it's like, when you draw a line up on the tablet, it draws it down, and when you draw right it goes right? X-axis is fine? Does this happen when you aren't using the Gimp, but are using the tablet to scroll around the desktop? Is the Y-axis messed up on the eraser end of the stylus also?

I think maybe the preferences (input devices) are messed up. I'm not tech savvy enough to know how to fix it though. =\
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
jay raj at 4:26PM, July 9, 2008
(offline)
Raccoo
So it's like, when you draw a line up on the tablet, it draws it down, and when you draw right it goes right? X-axis is fine? Does this happen when you aren't using the Gimp, but are using the tablet to scroll around the desktop? Is the Y-axis messed up on the eraser end of the stylus also?

I think maybe the preferences (input devices) are messed up. I'm not tech savvy enough to know how to fix it though. =\

Yeah - when I draw up in GIMP, it draws down … but the x axis is fine. When I'm not using the gimp, the tablet is fine for scrolling around. I'm starting to think you're right about preferences. If I can get up the energy to try this again, I'll try and find a preferences tab for axes in GIMP. Thanks Raccoo.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved