Networking & Community Projects*

Secret Santa!
Mazoo at 7:16PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
SIGN-UPS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED!
Thanks to everyone who signed-up! If you didn't make it this year, be sure to look for it next year! PQ's will be sent out within the next few days.

This was originally in the General Discussion, but I've decided to move it over here. Hopefully it'll still be seen by enough people.

Anyway, here's my original post:

Yes, yes I know it's really early, but before you all start attacking me, just listen a second, will you?

I think we should do a DrunkDuck-wide Secret Santa. You know, like swapping gifts, yet people don't know who they're getting a gift from. Well, that's entirely plausible on an artistic front! People will draw others pictures and it'll all be secret-secret and then everyone will get presents!

All people will have to do is post in this thread with who they are, and a (relatively simple) art request, and I will make a list. (If your request or “present” has something to do with your comic, please provide a link. THAT MEANS PUT THE URL IN YOUR POST. IF YOU ONLY SAY “THE LINK IS IN THE SIG” THAN I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN LINKS TO YOUR COMICS. THANK YOU). When the time nears (let's say… two weeks before Christmas or so) I will place everyone's name in a hat and randomly pick who will be “getting” er…drawing… a present for who. I (or Dynamic, who is helping me) can then PQ everyone with who the person they will have to draw a present for!

For Example:

I'm Mazoo and I would like a present of a talking Christmas Tree!

The reason I want to start this so early is that it will give a large amount of people a chance to sign up, which will make it a huge community-wide thing!

I would also like a few people to be on the “Deadbeat Watch Committee” as I'm calling it, so that in case anyone bails, everyone will eventually get their present. Basically it means that there will be a few artists who are willing to draw extra pictures in case anyone forgets/bails/just doesn't do their part of the exchange. If you would like to be on the Committee, say so in your post and I will put a bold DWC by your name in the list.

If you are a Deadbeat you will not be able to participate next year! Further consequence is being debated.

NOTE: Those with "none requested" by their name still get pictures. It's just that no specific picture was designated.

Secret Santa Sign-Up List:

1. DWC Mazoo Present: Talking Christmas Tree
2. Lefarce Present: Picture of Dice riding a unicorn that's bursting forth from a giant clown's face, leaving behind a rainbow trail… In space. Find the comic here
3. Adariel Present: Fanart Find the comic here
4. Ozoneocean Present: Fanart of character Cc Find the comic here
5. Mark Present: Two Characters drawn “Christmas-y” Find the comic here
6. TK Present: Fanart Find the comic here
7. Eirikr Present: none requested
8. DWC Nyx Present: A single sheet of printer paper completely filled with doodles and/or a comic strip about what you wanted to happen yesterday.
9. KomradeDave Present: Alan Scott (The OG Green Lantern) kicking a ninja in the groin on the moon
10. DWC Dynamic Present: Fanart for Deuces Wild Find the comic here
11. DWC Chameloncholic Present: Small selection of festive avatars
12. Aussie_Kid Present: Fanart Find the comics here, here, here, and here
13. Vaoni Present: Two Vampire Hunters (Lachesis and Luthor) Find reference pictures here and here
14. Gregory Present: none requested
15. Knuckles Present: Fanart Find the comic here
16. Miruku Present: Fanart NO COMIC ADDRESS GIVEN
17. Bobo_81 Present: none requested
18. Generic Human Present: Zombie Fanart Find the comics here and here
19. kaminari Present: Fanart Find the comics here and here
20. Rick Xeros Present: Keji and Gazimon in “Christmas-y” fashion Find the comic here
21. DWC Tantz Aerine Present: Fanart Find the comic here
22. Hero Present: One or more of comic characters in action and/or playing music Find the comic here
23. Shippo_no_Neko Present: Fanart Find the comic here
24. Lsnewton Present: Fanart Find the comic here
25. IanJay Present: A short, one-page comic about an earthworm that wakes up one morning to find that it can fly. Doesn't need to be colored, MUST BE DRAWN BY HAND (that includes you, spriters. sorry, but it's part of his request)
26. Wrenmisty Present: Fanart Find the comic here
27. Charil Zweig Present: Fanart from either comic. Find the comics here and here
28. hartchamber Present: Fanart Find the comic here
29. Toadman Present: Albert Eistien and Bob Sagget dressed as the Blues Brothers
30. iagojester Present: Art-History theiving pirates with a Christmas twist. (I'm not sure if this request has anything to do with the comic, but here's the link anyway.)
31. barbwired Present: Cutesy Christmas scene
32. ShinGen Present: Fanart Find the comic here
33. Comicmasta Present: Aliens probing Santa in their operating room
34. Drazi Present: Steve and Bobby form Life and Death Find the comic here
35. Kxela Present: Fanart Find the comic here
36. lothar Present: Smurfs
37. DWC Daemon Present: Fanart featuring a tabby cat with horns Find the comic here
38. _CJR_ Present: Smurfs riding My Little Ponies into Epic battle against Captain Crunch and his forces of tyranny
39. Cory Present: Fanart, preferably something abstract Find the comic here
40. Nintendodude Present: TBA
41. DWCRadec Present: Character Jon going on a rampage with a Bozar heavy-caliber rifle against a horde of undead telemarketers. Find the comic here
42. Kira Dwenna Present: One-page comic of your characters (as in those belonging to the person drawing present) going to a fan-convention.
43. Huntress Present: Sexy Fanart Find the comic here
44. Sawmill Present: Main Character from comic Hrunting House eating Christmas pudding NO COMIC ADDRESS GIVEN
45. DWC Mechanical Lullaby Present: Big fat lesser panda eating candy in a stocking.
46. Green_Tangerine Present: Christmas-themed pin-up of any two characters Find the comic here
47. DWC Zac Present: Christmas-styled fanart of any character Find the comic here
48. Aqua_ng Present: Chrismas-themed Chuck Norris and Mr. T in a battle of DDR, with fireworks in the background.
49. Tigereyes Present: Anything to do with Kingdom Hearts
50. The Mediocre One Present: Caricature from a picture on Nerdology NO URL ADDRESS GIVEN
51. Common Sense Present: Fanart of characters Takeshi and Derrick in some kind of Christmas scene Find the comic here
52. Beaums Present: 1-page Fancomic within the dimensions of 650 pixels wide by 841 pixels high. Must be in .PNG format. Find the comic here
53. Neila Present: Chistmas-y Fanart Find the comic here
54. hat Present: Fanart of game Counter-Strike
55. Magnus Present: Christmas-y Fanart Find the comic here
56. chary Present: An army of chocolate chip cookies attacking pink flying elephants
57. DWCLocoma Present: Santa in a fight
58. Vixus Present: “Draw a cool pad for me and stick me in it, if you like. (Heck, stick yourself in it if you want) Make it as implausible as you like but don't forget a bathroom!
Description of me: 18, dark hair short on top and sides and long in the back, glasses, long black overcoat, jeans.
If you're gonna give me a pet, make it a cat or a dragon. Or a pig.” (holy crap I almost forgot you, Vixus, sorry!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Nyx at 7:44PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
Ah cool… sign me up! Put “none requested” next to my name for now… *I can change my request later, right?*
Put me on the DWC as well. :)

-Edit!-
For my present… take a white sheet of 8.5 X 11 and leaving as little white space as possible draw whatever comes to mind. It can be characters from a comic / sketches / doodles / whatever. Preferably in pencil.
Or if you want something more structured draw what you wished yesterday was like. Anything from a doodle to a one paged comic.
Your choice. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
KomradeDave at 7:57PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(online)
I'm KomradeDave and I'd like Alan Scott (the OG Green Lantern) kicking a ninja in the groin on the moon
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, likeā€¦ tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Dynamic at 11:48PM, Nov. 2, 2006
(offline)
I'll join, and I'd like uhhh… I guess just fanart for Deuces Wild.

Put me on the DWC also.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Chameloncholic at 12:26AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
I will request… nothing as I have no comic right now. However I will sign up to be a DWC. And I ask nothing in return.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Aussie_kid at 2:12AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
Yeah, I'll go in for it.

I'm Aussie_kid and I'd like a fan comic or a drawing of one of my characters please. Can be for any comic
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Vaoni at 2:41AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
i'd quite like to do this too.

Hrm. what to ask for. would quite like a piccy of my two vamp hunters, Lachesis and Luthor (not in my comic yet but i have pics in my gallery):http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38896652
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39751384/

- Updated! 1.10.06
“You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? ”Hey man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?"
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Gregory at 4:43AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
I'd like in.

I go by the original and mysterious moniker of Gregory. As for a present request? Surprise me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Knuckles at 4:59AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
It's been a while :) I think I'll participate. When's the deadline to sign up? I'd like to see all of the entry comics first before I make my final decision.
So all we do is pick a comic and draw a fanart for it?

Edit: oh, and my comic is in my sig :)

Myth Xaran (manga) - http://www.drunkduck.com/Myth_Xaran
Exodus Studios (Games & More) - http://www.exodus-studio.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Miruku at 8:17AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
Ooo, I would love to participate. I'd like fanart for my Emma comic!

Oops, forgot to put the link. Sorry!
http://www.drunkduck.com/Emma
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
bobo_81 at 11:23AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
Sign me up, chief!
As for a present, surprise me!

http://www.drunkduck.com/MIKYAGU
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:30AM
Generic Human at 11:36AM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
Sign me up, partner! I would like a picture of zombies!! If you would like to add one of my comic characters in there, possibly getting their brains eaten…I wouldn't mind that at all. So… a zombie fanart?

Comics: http://www.drunkduck.com/Greetings_and_Salutations/
http://www.drunkduck.com/Soul_Less_Through_The_Ages/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Mazoo at 12:52PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
Knuckles
It's been a while :) I think I'll participate. When's the deadline to sign up? I'd like to see all of the entry comics first before I make my final decision.
So all we do is pick a comic and draw a fanart for it?

Edit: oh, and my comic is in my sig :)

There is no deadline for present requests at the moment. I think I'll stop taking requests when I pick the names out of the hat.

Um, I think you are a bit confused, Knuckles. This isn't a contest. It's just a fun community thing where you can request a present and someone will draw it for you. The thing is, you don't know who's drawing the picture for you! You in turn will have to draw someone else their request, but they won't know it's you drawing it.

What you need to do is just request anything. Absolutely anything you want; it doesn't have to be related to your comic at all! I will notify everyone who it is they have to draw for a few weeks before Christmas.
Knuckles at 12:57PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
Sounds like fun! I'll sign up :)
What is there to request?

kaminari at 1:00PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
Im in ^_^

and as almost everyone else, I'd like to request fanart from either Narou or Oni No Noroi (or both together in one!)

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Emma_Xross at 1:00PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(offline)
Sounds like fun.

I am Rick Xeros and I would like to request a picture of Keji and Gazimon from my comic in some Christmasy fashion, my comic's in my sig but here's a link anywayDigimon Legend ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
Tantz_Aerine at 2:19PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
Fun and interesting!! I want in!

Okay, Tantz Aerine would like Fanart. Comic is at the signature. Thankees!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Hero at 4:40PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
Oh,I'm game for this.

My name is Hero and I would like pictures of one or more of my characters in action, fighting or perhaps playing music.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Chameloncholic at 4:26AM, Nov. 4, 2006
(online)
Knuckles

What do you want? Your main character riding a Harley Davidson Electroglide down the mean streets of Reno handing out christmas presents?

Can I change my request… from nothing to a small selection of festive forum avatars.
To whoever gets that feel free to go wild but remember you have a maximum area of 100x100 pixels.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Shippo_no_Neko at 9:36AM, Nov. 4, 2006
(offline)
Hi, I'm Shippo_no_Neko and I'd like fanart for my comic!

www.drunkduck.com/Doodles_in_Time (plug!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
Lsnewton at 3:58PM, Nov. 4, 2006
(online)
Great idea.
I'm in. Seeing as how I can't think of anything cool at the moment I'll just jump on the fanart request wagon.
My comic: http://www.drunkduck.com/Transformers_X
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
Ian Jay at 7:32PM, Nov. 4, 2006
(offline)
Hi! You know who I am. And you know where my comic is.

I'll refrain from asking for fan art, since I'll be asking for guest comics two months after Christmas for TEO's big 2-Year And Also 100-Page PartyBration. So… I don't want to seem too self-obsessed.

Instead… I want you to draw a short one-page comic about an earthworm that wakes up one morning to find that it can fly (and the consequences that occur as a result of this). It doesn't have to be colored or fancy or complex, just a short little sketch-type deal. Oh, and you have to draw it by hand. I think that would be just wonderful. Good luck!

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Wrenmisty at 9:42PM, Nov. 4, 2006
(offline)
I suppose I'll come in too…
I'd like fanart for my comic Kenji Nin:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Kenji_Nin/
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
CZweig at 3:16PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)
This sounds like win :D I wish to partake as well.

Um, for my request, let's see… let's make it easy on myself and go with most of the repliers in saying “fanart”. Comic links are in the signature, but for the sake of linking something, they're also here and here. Fair warning, BTRN is over 180 pages long, and will likely add ten pages onto that length by the time everyone gets an assignment ._.

Oh yeah, and I'm Charil Zweig >.>
hi
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
hartchamber at 4:14PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
I like these things. fan art for my comic will do

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_House_of_Other_Worlds
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Toadman at 6:44PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
I'm Toadman, and I'm one of the few not asking for fanart: I want to see Albert Einstien and Bob Sagget dressed as the Blues Brothers. Not too hard, right?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
iagojester at 1:25AM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
Dude! Alsn here wants to join your par-tay and get down with the presents!
Comic is here: http://www.drunkduck.com/Fated_Feather/
Present wanted is: Art history-thieving pirates with a Christmas twist. Ho ho ho.
Oh, and world peace.

~*~Fated Feather~*~
Pirates, art history, and time travel- things could get messy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
barbwired at 5:47PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
sweet!!! i'm in!
i'm barbwired! anddddddddddd i want…

any cutesy christmas scene- nothing to complex <333
<33
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Knuckles at 8:29AM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
Chameloncholic
Knuckles

What do you want? Your main character riding a Harley Davidson Electroglide down the mean streets of Reno handing out christmas presents?

Well, whoever gets to do fanart for me, I will let them decide which character(s) they want to draw and how they want to draw them. The sky's the limit! It doesn't matter to me, and the main thing is that they have fun. That is the whole point of this, after all.

Mazoo at 7:16PM, Nov. 7, 2006
(offline)
Knuckles
Chameloncholic
Knuckles

Well, whoever gets to do fanart for me, I will let them decide which character(s) they want to draw and how they want to draw them. The sky's the limit! It doesn't matter to me, and the main thing is that they have fun. That is the whole point of this, after all.

So you're requesting fanart, then? You don't have to request fanart; it's just that a lot of people are. The request is more for what you want them to draw. If, like you said, it doesn't really matter to you, than I can just stick “fanart” or “none requested” as your present.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon