Networking & Community Projects*

Seeking Co-Writer for Comedic And Dramatic Fight-Romance
TGP at 7:52PM, Nov. 14, 2009
(online)
What a long name, right? XD

THE PROBLEM

Basically, I'm really crappy when it comes to keeping on track and finishing out a script before I start drawing. Therefore, I'll get ten pages in and, suddenly, forget where I was going. And then I'm real slow at writing and get boggled down in the details instead of just plowing ahead and finishing a story.

So, the offer is thus: I've got a plot. The characters are already designed and the basic plotline of huge/important events is done. What I need is the actual story around them. That's where you come in.

THE STORY

Adam was the top dog of his hometown but after his grandmother falls ill, he is sent to the city to live with his uncle's family. There he meets Shura, his cold and calculating cousin, and her shy, pretty best friend Ila. Adam immediately falls for Ila but Shura won't let anyone she doesn't see as worthy date her. She gives Adam a challenge: If he can defeat the local street-king Cinaed, she'll let him date Ila.

Adam goes to meet up with Cinaed where Shura's arranged and then gets the beat down of his life. Cinaed leaves Adam to limp home in defeat for the first time. After, Adam vows to beat Cinaed for his own sake, as well as winning a date with Ila. However, he finds that Cinaed is rather mysterious. No one knows where he lives or who he really is, even the two thugs he hangs with. Adam figures there must be a reason for the mystery and decides to expose who Cinaed is as well as defeat him.

The story will be dealing with more complex themes than expected. Many characters have some pretty brutal secrets and home lives. If you want in, you'll have to be open minded towards a lot of things, including alternative sexualities.

INTERESTED?

Before I choose someone, I'd like to see an example of your work. Because this is a comic, your example should be dialogue heavy. Don't worry about scripted fighting, that's my job. We'll say your example about 200 word minimum, 1000 word maximum, and closer to the maximum is appreciated. Make it one complete scene. Content is your choice. You may use something you've written for other purposes, fanfics, anything like that, or you can write something fresh for this. You can write it in story format or as a script with side actions. PQ it to me when you're ready.

I'll be looking for flowing, realistic dialogue (that is setting appropriate), proper grammar (unless a character has a specific accent), and just overall quality in the scene. I promise to get back with you quickly on what I think.

If you're chosen, the story will be drawn into pages when a chapter is completed. The chapters will be written by you and revised by me as need be to make sure the characters remain true, then probably sent back to you for the final revision.

I'm also rather open to a co-writer who has ideas to keep the story on its toes so feel free to bring your ideas to the table. Who knows? You could very well have a better idea on how to move the plot or how to improve it than me.

Well, here's hoping. XD Any questions, just reply and I'll answer them as best I can.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
TGP at 9:23PM, Nov. 18, 2009
(online)
Just a bit of a bump, but I've got the character design arts done if you'd like to see the style of the comic before thinking of signing onto it.
Airman at 5:39AM, Nov. 28, 2009
(online)
I'm interested in writing for you. I've gotten various short stories and a near-complete novel written. I can send you a quick exerpt so you can sample it. Shoot me an email at animocaminus@gmail.com and we can chat about it.
“The problem with being avant-garde is knowing who is putting on who…” Bill Watterson
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Aelwyn at 12:48PM, Dec. 9, 2009
(online)
Hello TGP!

I would be very interested in the project. I have attached a link to my literary gallery, as well as one of the scripts for Amya so that you can see how I format my own comic works.

Gallery , Amya Script

Thanks for the consideration!
- Savannah
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
TGP at 11:56AM, Jan. 26, 2010
(online)
Aelwyn, I should have dropped word of it, but I didn't remember to.

A writer has been chosen for the project. However, if you were interested in perhaps being a colorist or screentoner, your preference, I'd love to have you in on the project.

I'm really sorry I didn't mention a writer had been chosen!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon