Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Serial Cat Killer
Gohlico at 1:00PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
Hi guys! It's been a while. I made a memorial website dedicated to a special kitten.

Yoopy Cat (also known as Garfield according to one student) was a kitten who lived in the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon city. Despite being a stray, Yoopy Cat was loved by students. The students even fed and petted the orange orphan. Yoopy Cat was blessed to have such good friends.

One sad day, an 18 year-old student named JC Candare spotted Yoopy Cat and killed the unfortunate kitten out of hatred. Proud of his deed, he blogged about it. Below is an excerpt of the post:

4th Epic Fail:

An Accidental Crime. First day sa supercon. Lunch time came. On our way out of old NIP I saw the cat I almost killed last Tuesday. Now everyone knows I hate cats. It's an unexplainable feeling towards them. Like some internal hatred. I don't know why but no matter how hard I resist, it's not enough to stop my rage against cats. I pulled it on its tail and threw it. Then like some pro wrestler I jumped on it and my feet landed on it's torso. Slam! Felt good! But the cat didn't die, well not yet. It ran for it's life and just as I was about to catch up on it somebody yelled: “Can't you leave the cat alone?!”. It was instant and involuntary. I stopped on my tracks. Nobody ever stopped me when assaulting cats. Well I guess there's always a first time for everything. The cat got away. Or at least that's what i thought. So we went to lunch Mel, Jayson, Tracy and me. After lunch, back what I was doing. Then Tracy and Mel told me “ Hey JC, you killed the cat”. Hours later, habang abala sa XRD, a guy came in. Tanong niya: “Who killed the cat?” Bang! Dat was me boi. Guilty as charged. I didn't see it die but Myles said it coughed up blood or at least something like that. Didn't realize I gave it a fatal hit. This isn't the first time I've killed a cat but this time it's different. It didn't occur to me back then that the cat had a leash. So I think somebody owns it. Well it's very well loved in NIP from what I heard and I just ended it's life.

For more details, please visit Yoopy Cat's memorial website: http://yoopycat.webs.com/

Don't forget to post messages and prayers in the guestbook. http://yoopycat.webs.com/apps/guestbook/

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
kyupol at 1:17PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
JC Candare is a psychopath.

But at least he's not a smart psychopath.

The smart psychopaths mercilessly and systematically kill people. And they wear nice business suits and neckties and are good at acting civilized.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Ozoneocean at 1:18PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
The moron seriously did that? There are animal cruelty laws…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
HyenaHell at 1:21PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
kyupol

The smart psychopaths mercilessly and systematically kill people.
Hey, most serial killers get their start killin' animals.

EDIT:

I just remembered: we had a situation here kinda like that here, a while back. A friend's cat got murdered (killed purposely and left on his doorstep by some frat kids). We tried to go to the cops about it, but apparently killing a cat isn't a felony (killing a dog, horse, cow, etc. is) and the best they could give 'em was a fine or community service. WTF indeed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Skullbie at 1:27PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
Wtf thanks for depressing me a-hole. And ‘facing charges’ and ‘psychiatric help’ is nothing i don't want effort wasted on this brat to ‘cure’ him i want him to suffer and be touched in scary places by rapist Philippine go-daddys in jail.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 1:32PM, April 20, 2009
(offline)
…If he kills my cat and gets a free meal at one of those correctional intitutes…

…Then why would I get sent to jail for KILLING HIM?!

That Dick should be sent to jail. Who kills a kitten?! They can't defend themselves and are too small to even hurt anything other than a fly!
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
crocty at 1:35PM, April 20, 2009
(offline)
How can you freaking accidentally grab a cat and throw it around, and THEN stomp on it?

It's not the kind of thing that just happens…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Chernobog at 3:26PM, April 20, 2009
(offline)
Yeah, nothing completely sick in the head with that guy. 9.9 Kills a cat then goes to lunch and chats about like its nothing. Would've wound up head first in a ditch if the right person knew. And somehow, I doubt he'll learn from this. A good portion of his writing wasn't even legible. :l

Reminds me of the time someone poisoned my ex's outdoor cat. It was walking around normal and then a few hours later, it just collapsed dead in a neighbor's yard. I strongly suspect it was her other neighbor, who was a pathetic 40 year old alcoholic man-child. It was no secret he had a crush on her and he was known to feed the cat occasionally. But I couldn't prove it.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 4:12PM, April 20, 2009
(offline)

I'm absolutely speechless.

Why the hell would the people around him just STAND there while he was being attacked.
If I was around him, I would seriously push him over on his back, and beat the living shit out of him, and got somebody to tend to the kitten.

That guy is the reason we can never truly have world peace.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
kyupol at 5:10PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
I wonder if sometime in the future, he would be the future president of the Philippines…

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Ochitsukanai at 5:18PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
Why the hell would the people around him just STAND there while he was being attacked.
If I was around him, I would seriously push him over on his back, and beat the living shit out of him, and got somebody to tend to the kitten.

That's what I was wondering - no one's ever tried to stop him before? Who fails to do something about this kind of thing? It's not like one of those situations like “you don't know what you'd do unless you were there,” nope, I'd pretty much attack him. He's obviously a monster. It's not a moral quandary.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
HippieVan at 5:21PM, April 20, 2009
(online)
Jesus, people are messed up! I can't believe that. Anyone who can watch an animal die by their hand doesn't deserve to live, even.
I try not to be angry or violent, but I get really mad if I see someone hurting an animal. I yelled at a guy last year when I saw him kick his dog. I don't know if it did anything, but he seemed pretty shocked.

Something like this actually happened to my LA teacher last year…someone killed their cat on Halloween night and left it in their garden. There were too many people about to know who it was, but it's likely that it was a young person(since that's who's out that night, usually). Which is just horrible.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Sea_Cow at 8:28PM, April 20, 2009
(offline)
What the fuck.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 12:02PM, April 21, 2009
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
Ryuthehedgewolf

That's what I was wondering - no one's ever tried to stop him before? Who fails to do something about this kind of thing? It's not like one of those situations like “you don't know what you'd do unless you were there,” nope, I'd pretty much attack him. He's obviously a monster. It's not a moral quandary.

I actually read a story this year where a guy shot a woman (this was some time ago, mind you) and people just watched. That's right, people watched as she got shot. They did nothing. I remember something like, he (the killer) tried twice, unsuccessful, but then the third time, he got her.
Custard Trout at 12:57PM, April 21, 2009
(offline)
Ryuthehedgewolf
I actually read a story this year where a guy shot a woman (this was some time ago, mind you) and people just watched. That's right, people watched as she got shot. They did nothing. I remember something like, he (the killer) tried twice, unsuccessful, but then the third time, he got her.

Right, because the best thing to do when a gun toting maniac is shooting at someone is try to interfere and get killed yourself.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 1:31PM, April 21, 2009
(offline)
Custard Trout
Ryuthehedgewolf

Right, because the best thing to do when a gun toting maniac is shooting at someone is try to interfere and get killed yourself.

Wait, my bad. It was a knife.
And well, they could of at least called the cops.

Because obviously, we all the right thing to do when someone is getting stabbed or shot is to watch, right? Kind of like a sport.
Custard Trout at 1:54PM, April 21, 2009
(offline)
Someone obviously did something, or you wouldn't have heard of it.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Sea_Cow at 8:09PM, April 21, 2009
(offline)
Ryuthehedgewolf

No, no, silly. She was raped in the middle of an apartment complex and several people saw her but noone did anything. And that's why Rorschach kills people.
Koshou at 8:21PM, April 22, 2009
(offline)
that guy is exactly the kind of person I hate.

reminds me of this girl I overheard once who was telling her friends about slowly torturing and killing her ex-boyfriend's cat by putting it in a clothes dryer. absolutely sick.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Blackswan at 8:37PM, April 22, 2009
(online)
There's nothing I love more than animals. There's nothing I hate more than people that hurt innocent things. I am not pleased. Maybe I shall find this person and stomp on their chest. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
SarahN at 8:38PM, April 22, 2009
(online)
Ugh. That's sick. Anyone who can do that to animals can just as easily kill a person, IMO. That's how serial killers start, I hear.

Supposedly there's a guy in the town RIGHT next to mine that has been kidnapping, torturing and skinning dogs. I haven't heard about him being caught, so yeah, I've been watching my dogs like a hawk lately. =/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Blackswan at 8:40PM, April 22, 2009
(online)
Also, I just found the Yoopy Cat song. Let us all sing it in his memory. ;_;

The Yoopy Cat Song
Yoopy Cat, Yoopy Cat,
Why did that boy kill you?
Yoopy Cat, Yoopy Cat
It's not your fault

Although you were just a stray
You brightened the students up everyday
Yoopy Cat, Yoopy Cat,
It's not your fault

You left this world to meet Ceiling Cat.
He'll make you an honorary lolcat.
While you're fondly remembered by UP bloggers
You're sitting among the clouds eating cheezburgers.

Yoopy Cat, Yoopy Cat,
Why did that boy kill you?
Yoopy Cat, Yoopy Cat
It's not your fault
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
Product Placement at 8:49PM, April 22, 2009
(online)
Wow, that was a sad tale. I decided to read up more about this JC Candare and apparently several letters have been sent to the Dean of that university, asking for his expulsion, including a formal complaint from the Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS). The same group is also likely to prosecute him for breaking the law according to the Philippine Animal Welfare Act of 1998

Also, his name has become publicly known and both him and his family is being targeted by people who want to:
Several people
stomp on his chest, pretty much attack him, beat the living shit out of him, suffer and be touched in scary places, etc
Not that I'm condoning his actions. I think he's a horrible person.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Sea_Cow at 8:50PM, April 22, 2009
(offline)
People are animals, so killing other animals for food is basically just like nature and nothing to complain about. However, I don't no any other animals that ever kill for no reason. Curious indeed.
lefarce at 12:15AM, April 23, 2009
(online)
kyupol

The smart psychopaths mercilessly and systematically kill people. And they wear nice business suits and neckties and are good at acting civilized.

What a stupid thing to say.

Do you know what an idiot savant is? That's one of those retarded kids who cant function on their own, but if you knocked over a jar of M&M's they could tell you exactly how many fell over. They are, by all technicality, smart. Although mentally stunted in a wide variety of other ways.

It's a similar situation with serial killers. Not all of them have patterns, some kill very irregularly, but generally thwart police for a good period of time because they dont want to get caught. Getting caught means the fun is over. Not every serial killer is some dashing Christain Bale lookn' motherfucker. Most of them are creepy hunchbacked mouthbreathers who just happen to be really good at ending people's lives.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Ozoneocean at 1:38AM, April 23, 2009
(online)
SarahN
That's how serial killers start, I hear.
Anyone who is cruel to animals in an unreasoning, thoughtless way like that (for the fun of it, or because they don't see them as creatures that “matter” )is likely to do this same with humans. This person should be institutionalised. -for the safety of everyone.

Alternately, let him loose in a lion park just before feeding time. Then don't feed them. See how cats big enough to defend themselves behave around him.

—————
And that “nobody did anything” scenario with that woman is a distorted rumour. lol!
The TRUE story is a bit different.
-That happened in the late 50's or early 60's I think.
-People didn't really “see” what was happening, they sort of heard or saw from a distance, and some “thought” they heard it or “saw” it.
-It was late at night and they were in and out of shadows.
-People really didn't know for sure what was happening.

It's not unusual or even that notable when you realise how often that happens. If people don't expect something to be happening they rationalise that it's not.
Hakoshen at 5:05AM, April 23, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Alternately, let him loose in a lion park just before feeding time. Then don't feed them. See how cats big enough to defend themselves behave around him.

That's the one thing about this page that made me feel better after reading the full narrative there, so thanks :) . And I'll say as much as anyone this kid is sick and needs help, but it has me thinking about WHY this has me feeling so bent out of shape.

We don't say anything to a kid who pulls the wings off of a fly, or when he lights a
firecracker in a lizard's mouth, but we get him psychiatric help for killing something we consider cute and innocent. Is torturing an animal that people keep as pets more sick than torturing an animal we consider a pest?
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Scribe_Drizz at 6:29AM, April 23, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
That's the one thing about this page that made me feel better after reading the full narrative there, so thanks :) . And I'll say as much as anyone this kid is sick and needs help, but it has me thinking about WHY this has me feeling so bent out of shape.

We don't say anything to a kid who pulls the wings off of a fly, or when he lights a
firecracker in a lizard's mouth, but we get him psychiatric help for killing something we consider cute and innocent. Is torturing an animal that people keep as pets more sick than torturing an animal we consider a pest?

Perhaps I'm the odd one out, but if someone wants to kill animals, that's his own business. I think it's terrible that people torture animals without killing them or just leave them to die. I think I'd be more angry with someone who I saw pull the wings off an insect and leave it to suffer than someone who I saw kick a housecat. Both of them are creatures that I think deserve a natural life and death, but when people get all worked up over a pet, I think something is wrong. I think people who get attached to animals are just as creepy as the ones who feel so strongly that they must commit violence against them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
HippieVan at 7:13AM, April 23, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen

Maybe you don't! I would get pretty mad if I saw someone lighting a firecracker in a lizard's mouth. Killing or torturing a living being for fun is never right, at least in my mind. I apply that to people who hunt for sport as well(but not people like inuits who need to hunt to survive).

Scribe_Drizz, you've never been attached to an animal? Most people can be, and rightly so. Animals can provide companionship and love, and ask for very little in return.
You don't think that when you show your dog the shoe he chewed up and he turns away, tail between his legs, that he's feeling something? You don't think that when you come home from work and he's there to greet you, tail wagging, that he's feeling something? So why do you have the right to kill or hurt this living, feeling thing? Does that mean you have the right to kill humans as well?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ozoneocean at 10:15AM, April 23, 2009
(online)
Scribe_Drizz
but when people get all worked up over a pet, I think something is wrong. I think people who get attached to animals are just as creepy as the ones who feel so strongly that they must commit violence against them.
You may have some socialisation issues I suspect. Scribe Driz, I'm afraid the opposite of your scenario is usually the case, the creepy people are the ones who don't from attachments. You could extend your reasoning to “race”, ethnicity, religion, class etc, and ultimately it all actually comes from the same place since the psychology of attachments and empathy (whether pets or anything else) is the same when you're talking about extending it past boundaries.
And it's similar for animals that reciprocate and form attachments too. It's a natural thing, part of our tribal, communal nature, an extension of the mother child bond and natural altruism.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon