Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Seriously need help...Anyone know Morse code?
Croi Dhubh at 11:17PM, July 29, 2010
(offline)
Okay, as most of you know from what I've claimed, me and select members of my family tend to attract “spirits”.

Someone or something has been attempting to communicate with my mother and my step-father for quite a few months. It actually uses his cellphone to tap out beeps, which I was able to identify as Morse code.

From what I can understand of it (…. .. ..– -…. .), it says something along the lines of, “Hi Im the one” and then the code gets really fucking complicated and I can't understand it.

If I posted the video of it actually happening, would someone be able to translate it? I do have it video taped.

Who would be trying to contact them? Who knows. My step-father said his great grandfather served in the Navy. My grandfather still kind of remembers Morse code (he's alive), and my entire family on my mother's side is full of admirals and other officers from the Royal Navy.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help out. I can't figure this code out by myself.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
lefarce at 12:22AM, July 30, 2010
(online)
I know morse code, actually. Post the audio or transcribe it.

EDIT: I learned it a while back mostly out of boredom, but I should be able to give an accurate reading based on the length and audio quality.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Croi Dhubh at 12:27AM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
lefarce
I know morse code, actually. Post the audio or transcribe it.
Oh god thank you. I will have it posted later today on like YouTube.

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
lefarce at 12:35AM, July 30, 2010
(online)
PQ me when you post it here, as I am a lazy old man who doesn't always check up on threads.

Croi Dhubh at 10:29AM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
Okay, here's the video for everyone else to check out. Seriously strange…

lothar at 10:40AM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
Croi Dhubh
and my entire family on my mother's side is full of admirals and other officers from the Royal Navy.
and they're not required to learn morse ?

i was kinda nervouse to watch that video , i thought there was gunna be a screamer or something
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
lefarce at 10:42AM, July 30, 2010
(online)
As best as I can figure it translates to:

On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil. Find me a child that I might live again.

Product Placement at 10:45AM, July 30, 2010
(online)
…so this video is taken in the dark and the beeping occurs while the phone is extremely out of focus and I'm not supposed to believe that's just you (or someone else, that's quite alive) just pressing a button on the phone?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Croi Dhubh at 11:31AM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
Nope, not a screamer. Yes, they would have had to learn Morse code, which is why I'm saying that it could be one of them, but I don't know. I served in the Army, not the Navy, and never learned Morse code.

Product Placement
…so this video is taken in the dark and the beeping occurs while the phone is extremely out of focus and I'm not supposed to believe that's just you (or someone else, that's quite alive) just pressing a button on the phone?
Considering it's my mother recording it, and you can see the full light of the button being pressed, even if it's out of focus because she didn't realize she could open up a side panel to get a larger viewing area, then yes.

Oh, and don't forget that those phones do not have the touch panels accessible after five seconds of it being plugged in. Just like you can't press the buttons when the screen fades off, you can't press it after about five seconds and the music player isn't running, which you can see, it isn't.

No matter how much evidence is brought to you, then you wouldn't believe any way. I don't know Morse code. I typed it into a translator from what I could actually understand of it. My mother and step-father also do no understand Morse code, which is why I'm asking for assistance.

As for Lefarce, that's Ghostbusters *L* Oh well.

Product Placement at 12:12PM, July 30, 2010
(online)
Croi Dhubh
No matter how much evidence is brought to you, then you wouldn't believe any way.
Huh. You know me so well, don't you?

I'm a ghost believer who have seen stuff I can't explain. However I will not blindly jump to a conclusion, whenever I see a video that looks suspiciously forged.

I have no idea what you're talking about phones being unaccessible, once you plug them in. I can easily use my phone, while it's plugged in. Have been able to do so with all my previous models. The sound I'm hearing is identical to a sound a phone makes, whenever someone presses a button on it.

You leave the lights out and the camera is out of focus as the sounds can be heard. Why did you leave the lights out? Is the ghost shy or did you just not want us to see the fingers on the phone?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 3:50PM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
Yeah, when machines make beeping noises, that always means it's a ghost, and not a technical fault or something.

One time I remember hearing knockings coming from downstairs, and I figured instantly it was a ghost, so I hid under my covers and recorded the entire thing, about an hour later, my parents got home and yelled at me for not letting my grandmother in. Turns out it was her knocking at the door. I figured that maybe a ghost possessed her to do it anyway, so next time I see her I am going to try and push her over to see if she survives the fall. Ghosts are immune to fall damage.

Carry on looking, maybe there are others on the internet who do know morse code.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Product Placement at 5:27PM, July 30, 2010
(online)
To be fair, there are some events that can be explained logically, while other remain illusive and unexplained.

Take for example this picture:

When it first came around, most people believed that this was a definite proof of an angel watching over the people who suffered the car crash. Apparently the woman who was driving survived the crash.

Photo experts ruled out that this was caused by the headlights of the still active car causing a flare in the lens.

Then we have pictures like this one:

This one was taken over 50 years ago, long before the days of photoshop. The apparition is in the original negative which is unaltered. There are no evidence of a “double take” (where you take two pictures, using the same negative) and the figure looks like a monk that used to have a monastery on that location over 500 years ago. The monastery was eventually torn down and this church was erected instead roughly 200 years ago.

So far, nobody has been able to explain this picture. Does it mean that the camera somehow managed to photograph a ghost?

Perhaps. I myself am willing to believe so.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
lothar at 6:50PM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
or lik ethat one picture where the angel shows up in the sky openning the clouds
i couldnt find that so heres this
Croi Dhubh at 8:50PM, July 30, 2010
(offline)
crocty
Yeah, when machines make beeping noises, that always means it's a ghost, and not a technical fault or something.

One time I remember hearing knockings coming from downstairs, and I figured instantly it was a ghost, so I hid under my covers and recorded the entire thing, about an hour later, my parents got home and yelled at me for not letting my grandmother in. Turns out it was her knocking at the door. I figured that maybe a ghost possessed her to do it anyway, so next time I see her I am going to try and push her over to see if she survives the fall. Ghosts are immune to fall damage.

Carry on looking, maybe there are others on the internet who do know morse code.
Yes, assmunch, that's what I'm saying, isn't it? I'm saying that every electronic beep and sound is a fucking ghost. Don't act like a dumbshit. Why don't you actually read what I typed? Not only did I state that it can go a very long time without happening, but given the nature of the device, it's impossible to produce the types of tones it does by attempting to do it yourself. Humorous you don't find it even remotely quizzical that a “random, explainable beeping” from an electronic device would spell out “Hi im the one” in morse code.

I'm not asking anyone to say this is a ghost tapping out something. What I'm asking for is what the fuck it is trying to convey. And you, Product, were one of the first to tell me to get psychological help for seeing and hearing spirits, so excuse me for judging your ass.

Now, this is a comic site, so I assume people know how to read and comprehend, so why do you, Product, keep saying, “You”? This has nothing to do with me other than the fact that I was staying in their guest bedroom and they were using my camera. ~I~ did not leave the lights off. ~I~ did not make the camera unfocused. ~I~ did not hear the noise until I saw the video. ~YOU~ can read that and comprehend that this time, right? I left my video camera with them tonight so that they can turn the lights on next time it happens. They said whatever is causing it doesn't mind if the lights are on or off.

I don't give a shit if you fucking believe it's a ghost, or an alien, or being from a different dimension, or even my fucking pug doing it. I don't give a fuck.

WHAT IS IT TAPPING OUT. THAT is what I want to know.

crocty at 1:58AM, July 31, 2010
(offline)
All I'm saying is let's think logically here: You're a ghost. You possess a phone. How do you contact people?
Send a text!

Although the ghost might be old and may not understand predictive text. You could leave a note explaining how to do it. Try to explain to it that it doesn't have to spell everything perfectly in texts too. You'll get the messages quickly.

Okay but seriously, when an electronical device begins acting weirdly, usually I decide to ask myself “Maybe it's broken.” before jumping to the ghost explanation.
Did you take it to any shops and say “hey my phone's being weird, is it a fault or am I haunted?” and if they can't explain it, then and only then would I jump to the only logical option of that ghosts are real.

(Actually I wouldn't anyway)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
lothar at 4:29AM, July 31, 2010
(offline)
no . i don't think sending a text message would be so simple . if this is a “ghost” or whatever , its in a higher dimension , trying to manipulate things in this lower dimension , so its prolly a bit tricky , kinda like trying to spell a word out using just a few atoms. sending a morse message would be more like splycing DNA . maybe . so thats prolly why this spirit chose morse.
BffSatan at 5:34AM, July 31, 2010
(online)

After watching that video I'm kinda skeptical since it didn't really sound like morse code.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
bravo1102 at 7:08AM, July 31, 2010
(offline)
Somehow the lines transcribed sound like they're sourced from some movie or book.

Please remember that a cell phone is a type of radio. There are a lot of signals in the air that could cause random or not so random beeping. I'd have to say it's some random signal or another before I'd say it's paranormal because radio transmissions can be strange in how they bounce around.

Working nights has eroded my once healthy skepticism because mundane explanations don't always explain everything. Especially things that are just too neatly coincidental and then there are the EVPs. Just turn the radio to that oldies music station and stop listening so hard…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Product Placement at 8:14AM, July 31, 2010
(online)
Croi Dhubh
And you, Product, were one of the first to tell me to get psychological help for seeing and hearing spirits, so excuse me for judging your ass.
When did I ever tell you to get physiological help? Really. That's just putting words in my mouth. All I've done during this discussion is doubt that this video is real.
Croi Dhubh
Now, this is a comic site, so I assume people know how to read and comprehend, so why do you, Product, keep saying, “You”? This has nothing to do with me other than the fact that I was staying in their guest bedroom and they were using my camera. ~I~ did not leave the lights off. ~I~ did not make the camera unfocused. ~I~ did not hear the noise until I saw the video. ~YOU~ can read that and comprehend that this time, right?
Oh look! You're being all rude now and claiming I can't comprehend what you're writing. Now let's take a look at the original post.
Croi Dhubh
~I~ do have it video taped.
That's the reason why ~I~ assumed you taped it. To me it sounded that you claimed involvement. You did mention later on that your mother taped it but you still could have easily have been in the room, since I noticed that other people were present. There was nothing overly obvious about your previous posts about whether or not you were there and this is the first time you deny all involvement in the production of this video so I'm sorry for not being able to read your mind.

I was interested in this until I saw the video and started doubting the claim but your reaction has completely alienated me from believing you. You've only been rude and overly defensive since we started questioning you and that is not the behavior of someone who has nothing to hide (I'll admit I've been a little rude myself with my overly sarcastic comment before and for that I apologize).

If something like this were happening to me, I would try my best to create irrefutable evidence of the activity to minimize all doubts. Since the activity can't be controlled and goes off randomly, I would install a camera to survey it until it starts (using a tripod or stepladder or something). With so many people out there, creating intentional forgeries, there's no wonder why some of us are skeptical. If your family does provide us with another video, of the phone in focus, in a lid room (or use night vision, if available), preferably with the camera lying stationary somewhere and not a human being in sight, then maybe I would consider it. And remember, politeness goes a long way in convincing people.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
BffSatan at 8:38AM, July 31, 2010
(online)
Croi Dhubh
“Hi Im the one”

I'm real sorry for all the bad photoshops guys, real sorry.

Also, could you pretty please disclose the make and model of said possessed telecommunications device.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
skoolmunkee at 2:28AM, Aug. 1, 2010
(offline)
Everybody calm down, please.

Croi didn't post this to convince anyone it's a paranormal phenomena, he did not even raise that question nor ask anyone's opinion. He's just looking for a translation. Even if he or his faily believe something ghostly is going on, it isn't People On The Internet With Unsolicited Opinions' jobs to convince him otherwise. I'm sure Croi is well aware that anything paranormal will usually be met with a healthy amount of skepticism.

lefarce, stop trolling.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
VegaX at 1:59PM, Aug. 1, 2010
(offline)
There are actually some Morse code translators on the net. Not sure how complicated it would be to type the whole morse you have into the translator but it's worth a shot right?

Google “morse code translator” or try this link i found:

http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Product Placement at 3:25PM, Aug. 1, 2010
(online)
I tried it myself yesterday (out of curiosity) but it was impossible for me to know when it was done morsing one letter and beginning on the next. I just ended up with gibberish (got something along the lines of Z=T0DD0…).

Also it doesn't help to have people talking in the background.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
bravo1102 at 3:02AM, Aug. 2, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
I tried it myself yesterday (out of curiosity) but it was impossible for me to know when it was done morsing one letter and beginning on the next. I just ended up with gibberish (got something along the lines of Z=T0DD0…).

Also it doesn't help to have people talking in the background.

Of course it's gibberish. Any attempt to translate it into code is just the all to human need to impose a pattern onto the random. We look at a random pattern on a piece of toast and see the face of Jesus and hear random studio noise and it becomes “I buried Paul” and all there are those EVPs I block out with the radio at work. I am imposing a pattern on background noise.

Amazing how we dig in and demand that our beliefs be validated no matter how little evidence there is for our interpretation. It is entirely random. Compare it to real transmissions in Morse code. They are very organized and the pattern is obvious even if the sender is a complete neophyte reading the code letter for letter. Here there is no such discernable pattern it is not code but random.

Most claims of the paranormal are made because people don't know or aren't willing to accept the all too normal explanations the evidence indicates. But then I read Skeptical Inquirer too much.
Ozoneocean at 4:30AM, Aug. 2, 2010
(online)
bravo1102
Of course it's gibberish. Any attempt to translate it into code is just the all to human need to impose a pattern onto the random.
You are right of course, but it's not a “human need”, rather it's just the way that brains work. Any brain. In any half intelligent creature, and most likely ones that aren't intelligent too. Just simple and mechanical. Brains look for patterns and recognisable information all the time because that's how we understand the world.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
bravo1102 at 1:00AM, Aug. 3, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
bravo1102
Of course it's gibberish. Any attempt to translate it into code is just the all to human need to impose a pattern onto the random.
You are right of course, but it's not a “human need”, rather it's just the way that brains work. Any brain. In any half intelligent creature, and most likely ones that aren't intelligent too. Just simple and mechanical. Brains look for patterns and recognisable information all the time because that's how we understand the world.

A pattern is easier to react to than the random. The neuro-behavioral stuff I've read indicates that the mind builds patterns to meet certain survival needs, hense the mind “needs” to build patterns to make sense of them. Just a choice of words on my part.

Once an individual realizes that the needs have changed it becomes easier to identify and then change the behavior.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon