Debate and Discussion

Sexism
AnotherUchiha at 5:52PM, May 7, 2009
(offline)
I'm not sexist, I just hate being called weak because I'm a woman. And I'll tell you my opinion X3

As a woman I realize my view on this is going to be different than a “mans” but please bare with me and feel free to correct me in this. -w- here goes my opinion

Women get alot of shit about being women because we are “weaker” but we aren't. I'm a girl and I could beat up alot of guys I know and I hate being called a dumb weak girl because I'm not.
Just because I'm female doesn't mean I can't stand up for my damned self. I don't need a guy to hold my hand or help me I do everything on my own without any help and I'm proud to say I haven't cried in 4 years with the exception of a few tears from laughing.
Now A lot of women abuse the sexism thingy by demanding to treat them like they would any guy but be treated like a lady. Meaning: They want to be given the rights they don't deserve. But I do deserve all my rights because I work hard just like any respectable person but even though I do there are still those sexist guys who see me as a girl who doesn't know her place.

UGGHH that just ticks me off.

So what I'm saying is I know some girls who are ignorant and use the sexism thing and they shouldn't be aloud but just because there are girls like that doesn't mean we all deserve the bad wrap, some of us work just as hard as any guy but get bunched up with them.

so tell me ur opinion :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Orin J Master at 7:57PM, May 7, 2009
(online)
sexism seems, of late, to be anything negative attributed to a gender.

most women aren't gamers? racism!
most rapists are men? racism!

the flaw is that some things are different depending on gender, regardless of whether or not you like it. but with our current “everybody is equal even if they're not” mentality in most of the world (that i've noticed, please contradict me here) peopel would rather cry foul than concede things happen.

i really don't give a shit about the matter anymore and view it as perry weak-minded bitching.

and for the record? there are a lot less women gamers simply because most women don't care to subject themselves to the abuse in most popular games right now, and most rapists are men because it's just much easier for men to push a woman down and stab into her then it is for a woman to force a guy to get ready.

also, those were the first instances that came to mind, there wasn't any reason for the odd dichotomy there
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Aurora Moon at 8:16PM, May 7, 2009
(offline)
I have to agree with Orin J on some of her points.

However, I do have to point out that female rapists tends to go after smaller males or younger males than an full adult male. and not only that, but they know how to be discreet about it better than male rapists do.

And thanks to “sexism” and how people were brought up to view genders, a lot of the males often become ashamed that they got easily taken avtnage of by those female rapists instead of being an “real man” and being able to beat them off.
so as an result, they don't report it at all for fear of being ridiculed.

so it could be quite possible that there are a lot more female rapists out there than you think…. due to the fact that a lot of the female-on-male abuse goes unreported.

Wiki
Non statutory female on male rape

Non statutory female on male rape is widely, but incorrectly, considered impossible because male erectile response is seen as voluntary, when, in fact, it is involuntary. Fear, anger, anxiety, and non-arousal have been cited as factors in being unable to obtain an erection. Therefore, male victims of rape by females often face social, political, and legal double standards. Though studies show otherwise, female rapists are usually seen as less culpable than male rapists by the courts due to these misunderstandings. Those who do not understand the law in many jurisdictions fail to realize that the forcible penetration of a male by a foreign object or a digit also constitutes the same crime. Since rape by females is much less well known than male-female rape, male victims of female rapists often find little support from rape crisis centers.

Due to these reasons, and the difficulties and comparative rarity of female on male rape compared to standard or statutory rape, it is likely being substantially under-reported in the United States and other developed countries.

I do agree on the gamer thing though.

often in the GTA IV online mulitiplayer I won't play there unless my friends are online with me because of how I'm often targeted for being a woman in the freemode or in the mafyia work missions. it gets old after a while when you've got like 40 gamers shooting at you all at once just because of your gender.

However, there are more females who plays morpgs and the like though… because in morpgs and such it tends to matter less about your gender, because at times a lot of males plays female characters equally just like how females plays male characters on those.

and to the thread creator… just a piece of advice. don't let this sort of behavior get under your skin… otherwise you might be giving those who are looking to heckle you the sasification. Just work hard and prove them wrong, but don't rub it in their faces. but if they still continue to discriminate, then just collect evidence until you have enough to make a suitable lawsuit.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Air Raid Robertson at 8:32PM, May 7, 2009
(online)
Well, in a physical sense most women are weaker in terms of upper body strength. The world's greatest female weightlifter can easily outdo a schlub like me. However, she can only lift a fraction of the world's greatest male weightlifter.

Like it or not, even an average guy can physically overpower a typical woman if the matter is strictly brute force. This is why people developed judo, kempo, and other such techniques in the first place. Strength isn't everything.

And, I may add, women usually have much better lower body strength than men. Women also have a much higher threshold of pain. Studies have shown that women take much, much longer to crack under torture or interrogation.

Women do think in ways divergent from the male frame as well. Women are good at picking out details. Men are better at picking out the gist of things.

Men are also more adept at focus. They tend to be much better at tuning out all things around them and maintaining focus on one particular thing. Women, on the other hand, have a penchant for checking back and forth.

So yeah, men and women are different. Of course, different doesn't mean inferior.

I see the differences as complementary. We need these divergent strengths to work together as one. It ends up making something better than the sum of its parts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Hawk at 9:11PM, May 7, 2009
(online)
AnotherUchiha
Meaning: They want to be given the rights they don't deserve. But I do deserve all my rights because I work hard just like any respectable person

Wait, then how do we men know which girls deserve rights and which don't?

And what rights are we talking about?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Skullbie at 12:07AM, May 8, 2009
(online)
My theory: if a girl is being called a ‘dumb weak girl’ ‘weak’ is probably because she keeps trying to prove she's tough to hide something else about herself internally(insecurities, stepfather issues, etc), and ‘dumb’ because she hangs around guys who are clearly sexist. (which is dum dumb dumm duuuuuuuhhhhh B0 )

I agree with Air raid the differences are complimentary, and a guy offering help to a woman doesn't mean he thinks she's an pathetic puny penis docking creature; most of the time he's just being a nice guy.

I live in conservative eternal judgment county and i've never had any of the crap you were ranting about. (or maybe i have it wrong and conservative guys are nice to women?)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
Aurora Moon at 1:29AM, May 8, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
My theory: if a girl is being called a ‘dumb weak girl’ ‘weak’ is probably because she keeps trying to prove she's tough to hide something else about herself internally(insecurities, stepfather issues, etc), and ‘dumb’ because she hangs around guys who are clearly sexist. (which is dum dumb dumm duuuuuuuhhhhh B0 )

I agree with Air raid the differences are complimentary, and a guy offering help to a woman doesn't mean he thinks she's an pathetic puny penis docking creature; most of the time he's just being a nice guy.

I live in conservative eternal judgment county and i've never had any of the crap you were ranting about. (or maybe i have it wrong and conservative guys are nice to women?)

Agreed completely. if one tries too hard and it's obvious, then there's going to be guys who want to make fun of you just to get an rise out of you. like how an man who clearly tries too hard to be all macho and hardcore often becomes an prime target for being made fun of.

I think women who runs into those sorts of guys tends to work or frequent places that are usually male-oriented. That's when the problems usually occur. Some guys might think that the one woman working amongst an whole group of men doesn't belong there, especially if it was an “heavy-lifting” job like being an construction worker.

And you know something? sexism towards women doesn't have to come from males, nether.

I've heard many instances of FEMALE bosses being sexist against other female workers! This usually comes in the form of the female boss being “old-fashioned”, having kids of her own or being an grandmother… so if the said female worker had kids or something then the Boss is going to have strong opinions about what the Female worker should be doing with her time… like staying at home to take care of the kids.

http://www.calemployeerightsblog.com/2008/04/16/family-status-discrimination-part-1/ (this is a fine example of how gender discrimination plays into things, if you care to read the whole thing).
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Orin J Master at 9:49AM, May 8, 2009
(online)
Hawk
AnotherUchiha
Meaning: They want to be given the rights they don't deserve. But I do deserve all my rights because I work hard just like any respectable person

Wait, then how do we men know which girls deserve rights and which don't?

And what rights are we talking about?

he's not talking about rights, he's talking about privileges. rights are things everyone has equally, privileges are what one person has over another.

the difference can be subtle, but the fact people confuse them is a source of many problems in the world.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Hakoshen at 10:31AM, May 8, 2009
(offline)
Aurora Moon
I have to agree with Orin J on some of her points.

However, I do have to point out that female rapists tends to go after smaller males or younger males than an full adult male. and not only that, but they know how to be discreet about it better than male rapists do.

And thanks to “sexism” and how people were brought up to view genders, a lot of the males often become ashamed that they got easily taken avtnage of by those female rapists instead of being an “real man” and being able to beat them off.
so as an result, they don't report it at all for fear of being ridiculed.

so it could be quite possible that there are a lot more female rapists out there than you think…. due to the fact that a lot of the female-on-male abuse goes unreported.

Wiki
Non statutory female on male rape

Non statutory female on male rape is widely, but incorrectly, considered impossible because male erectile response is seen as voluntary, when, in fact, it is involuntary. Fear, anger, anxiety, and non-arousal have been cited as factors in being unable to obtain an erection. Therefore, male victims of rape by females often face social, political, and legal double standards. Though studies show otherwise, female rapists are usually seen as less culpable than male rapists by the courts due to these misunderstandings. Those who do not understand the law in many jurisdictions fail to realize that the forcible penetration of a male by a foreign object or a digit also constitutes the same crime. Since rape by females is much less well known than male-female rape, male victims of female rapists often find little support from rape crisis centers.

Due to these reasons, and the difficulties and comparative rarity of female on male rape compared to standard or statutory rape, it is likely being substantially under-reported in the United States and other developed countries.

I do agree on the gamer thing though.

often in the GTA IV online mulitiplayer I won't play there unless my friends are online with me because of how I'm often targeted for being a woman in the freemode or in the mafyia work missions. it gets old after a while when you've got like 40 gamers shooting at you all at once just because of your gender.

However, there are more females who plays morpgs and the like though… because in morpgs and such it tends to matter less about your gender, because at times a lot of males plays female characters equally just like how females plays male characters on those.

A quick search on the sex offender site for the area showed 64 offenders for my home town, one of which is a woman who was convicted of simple rape againt a 14 year old male. So yeah, it happens, but for all the reasons you suggested, very, VERY few men would ever so much as admit to being raped for any reason.

But I can tell you from my line of work there are more reported cases of domestic violence against men than you would think, they just don't get the press or get thrown out. Ever seen a 6'5“, 350 lb man who's afraid of being beaten by his 5'4”, 120 lb wife? It's an eye opener for sure.

On a similar note, I've studied martial arts for about 7 years and I've seen a large number of females come and go into the classes, some went all the way and some didn't. One thing I learned was that most females all the way up to our black belts could easily beat males of comparable levels in terms of points, but I never once saw a female beat a male in terms of outright grappling, standing or otherwise, even students of considerably less skill. Unless a woman is so far and above her male opponents, she's most likely going to lose. And I have seen that happen in other situations (bars and whatnot), where the woman walked away pretty much unscathed. However, at a nearby gym there WAS a female muy thai expert, and let's just say I will NEVER get in the ring with her for any reason.

My views on women may be a bit more open minded though, given I'm only one of three men to work in an office with about twenty women (not many men become social workers I'm afraid). In regards to those who see you as someone who should just be eye candie or the dreaded “barefoot and in the kitchen”, you can't do much for those types, so I would just suggest distancing yourself from them.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Hawk at 12:07PM, May 8, 2009
(online)
Orin J Master
he's not talking about rights, he's talking about privileges. rights are things everyone has equally, privileges are what one person has over another.

the difference can be subtle, but the fact people confuse them is a source of many problems in the world.

That's kind of what I was trying to get at in my post. There was this implication in the original post that some girls deserved rights and some didn't, and the difference was that some girls earned rights through hard work. But if it's rights, they all deserve them, don't they?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Jonko at 10:24AM, May 9, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
But I can tell you from my line of work there are more reported cases of domestic violence against men than you would think, they just don't get the press or get thrown out. Ever seen a 6'5“, 350 lb man who's afraid of being beaten by his 5'4”, 120 lb wife? It's an eye opener for sure.

I actually saw that when I was interning at a domestic violent office. I think that the fact that women are on average physically weaker (only in terms of brute force as mentioned above) can actually make them more threatening in domestic violence situations. The main reason is because unlike a man, who usually uses his bare hands, women bring weapons into the picture.

In one case a woman poured boiling water over her husband's face when he was sleeping, in another a man woke up and his room was in flames (his gf set it on fire). The weirdest one was a woman hitting her husband with a frozen fish and him having to get stitches on his face for it.

Although, like rape against men, I must agree that the reason there was always a weapon in DV cases where women were the perpetrator is probably because men don't want to admit their wife/gf beat them up with her fist in most cases. The whole “pride” thing actually makes it hard for men too. Sexism can be a problem for both sexes…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
umbledijum at 2:17PM, May 9, 2009
(offline)
I often find myself thinking about how sexism works both ways.

All around, you find femi-nazis who believe that men are the root of all evil, refusing to even to talk to men claiming that they are all opressive and generally a close minded, stupid, and violent gender.

I believe that no matter how some men treat women, we are not all terrible people. This is a fact some people choose to ignore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
Boxtop at 2:29PM, May 9, 2009
(online)
I think another reason domestic violence against men isn't touched upon a lot (if at all) is because people think that he probably deserved it or the woman was defending herself from him. Women can actually make false accusations of sexual harassment and abuse from a man and get away with it.

I'm glad people in this thread acknowledge that there is sexism against men in this society (thanks, feminists) because usually in these kinds of threads it's always about women, and when men are mentioned it's more like it's an afterthought.

@Jonko: Where men actually accepted in the domestic violence office you interned at? I've read some cases where men were turned away from domestic violence offices (EDIT: sorry, “safehouses”?) because they were men.

In one case a woman poured boiling water over her husband's face when he was sleeping, in another a man woke up and his room was in flames (his gf set it on fire). The weirdest one was a woman hitting her husband with a frozen fish and him having to get stitches on his face for it.

I remember reading a news article where some woman literally ripped her boyfriend's tongue out because she, according to the article, “wanted a baby and wasn't getting pregnant”. The article isn't entirely clear whether it was a piece of his tongue or his entire tongue, but I was so disgusted I was left biting my own tongue making sure it was still there.

There was also an article about a woman who stabbed her boyfriend over Pop Tarts.

And women wonder why men hate them.
This Webcomic Is DEAD, so don't read it.

(Before you reply to anything I say, please see this)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Aurora Moon at 4:50PM, May 9, 2009
(offline)
Boxtop
I'm glad people in this thread acknowledge that there is sexism against men in this society (thanks, feminists) because usually in these kinds of threads it's always about women, and when men are mentioned it's more like it's an afterthought.

I really, really hate how those feminazis completely ruined feminism.

Feminists were originally about equal rights for EVERYONE, inducing MEN. it was all about women AND men being on EQUAL footing…. Everyone gets paid the same amount of money for the equal amount of effort put into the jobs, nobody is considered superior over the other one,etc.

not this “women are superior to men” crap. Susan (the founder) would be so ashamed of how those “Modern feminists” ruined her movement. >=(

in a way you could say I'm a original feminist in this sense, but NOT the modern sort of feminism. if that makes sense.

If I see an Femi-nazi, I have an urge to just punch them right in the face and yell: “That's for completely ruining the feminist movement with your man-hating issues! I wish you wouldn't exploit such organizations just so that you could take it out on others. Why don't you just stfu and leave it alone?!”
the2ndredbaron at 8:13PM, May 9, 2009
(online)
This might be a little of topic but having just finished another semester of college I have found a lot of teachers to be sexist. I am an English Major and it seems all of my female English teachers believe that female authors are better than men and that Jane Austina and Emily Dickinson are the best writers ever. Okay not all of them but a couple. But I have found sexism to be very prevalent in college classrooms, anyone else?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Aurora Moon at 10:54PM, May 9, 2009
(offline)
the2ndredbaron
This might be a little of topic but having just finished another semester of college I have found a lot of teachers to be sexist. I am an English Major and it seems all of my female English teachers believe that female authors are better than men and that Jane Austina and Emily Dickinson are the best writers ever. Okay not all of them but a couple. But I have found sexism to be very prevalent in college classrooms, anyone else?

Oh yeah. there was this one proffesor at this college here who seriously believed that all females secretly had penis envy and that they all wished to be men on a subconicous level, and that's the reason why Feminazis existed–because they hated men due to the lack of a penis.

or something like that…. I wasn't sure where his logic was at. O_o

He kept on bringing up all sorts of bizarre theories like that on why men were supposedly “better” in a lot of ways.

This other professor, a female, was no better. Anybody who didn't agree with her on her beliefs of what women's roles were… weren't a “real woman”, or a “no-good chauvinist pig” if they were male.

When I disagreed with her on one of her viewpoints on why the sudden changes to the original feminism was needed, she when on to say that I was just “some brainwashed woman who was raised to think like a man. not a real woman at all.”

My response to this: “Golly, I didn't know you could automically switch genders just by acting a certain way. Tell me, in order to be a ‘real woman’, do I have to dress in frilly pink dresses, talk about nothing but shopping and just become one of those vapid bubble-headed clones who hang on to your every word? Seriously, can't you see how much Femi-Nazis have completely ruined the true feminist movement and hurt any chances that women struggling to have equal footing everywhere had?? Extremism is NEVER good, no matter how much justified you might think it is. YOU'RE the brainwashed person here.”

I made an enemy out of her for a while after that point, but I didn't care.
kyupol at 4:55PM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
I find it amusing how there are women who love to go RARARA and how they're independent and strong blabla… that I dont need a man!!! that I'm not weak! RARARA!!! the usual feminist stuff.

However, its these same girls who love to call on government to be their big daddy boyfriend or something.

Huh? What happened to being strong and independent? If you're strong and independent, why do you need Big Brother?

I don't get it.

Oh… its because feminism is a CIA creation with the goal of destroying the family so that the State can fill in the role of the parent. That's why…
http://www.savethemales.ca/180302.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-430702/How-feminists-tried-destroy-family.html

No wonder most kids these days don't have proper role models.

And its also consistent with the relentless bashing of Christianity and attempting to remove it from the public arena.

I don't even call myself a Christian because there are some things I disagree with them on.

However, the point is, that Christianity is a religion that teaches you to LOVE ONE ANOTHER and it emphasizes the family in its doctrine. As demonstrated by this whole “Holy Family” thing in their doctrine, as well as their hardcore opposition to abortion. Generally speaking, Christians have rock-solid family structures.

A strong family is difficult to break. That is why the family needs to be destroyed.

And btw, before you call me a misogynist for criticizing feminists, take a look at my comic, MAG-ISA. We got a female lead who is strong and independent. She never gives up. She never surrenders. She never asks for help. Even if she's the underdog.

I don't see anything wrong with strong women. In fact, I believe that all citizens (who don't have a criminal record) should be ARMED. And that includes women. Yes you ladies should be armed. At least with pepper spray if holding a gun intimidates you. So you don't start crying and acting helpless as some thug tries to rape you or harm your children and family. So you don't need to call on Big Brother to save you.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Skullbie at 5:45PM, May 10, 2009
(online)
Being strong and independent doesn't mean casting off everyone and everything that tries to help you, that's being a damn retard. And the overwhelming majority of people aren't schizophrenic moronsa.k.a. kyupol that think the government is out to get them.

Man the Philippines must be a horrible place to live. :/

Mr Lostman at 5:55PM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
kyupol
And its also consistent with the relentless bashing of Christianity and attempting to remove it from the public arena.

I don't even call myself a Christian because there are some things I disagree with them on.

However, the point is, that Christianity is a religion that teaches you to LOVE ONE ANOTHER and it emphasizes the family in its doctrine. As demonstrated by this whole “Holy Family” thing in their doctrine, as well as their hardcore opposition to abortion. Generally speaking, Christians have rock-solid family structures.
I don't know how you fail so hard.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
megan_rose at 7:32PM, May 10, 2009
(online)
kyupol
And btw, before you call me a misogynist for criticizing feminists, take a look at my comic, MAG-ISA. We got a female lead who is strong and independent. She never gives up. She never surrenders. She never asks for help. Even if she's the underdog.

Why is it that people think all feminists are some sort of crazy, family-destroying Nazis?
Feminism is just about equal rights for women. That's it. You have a strong female lead? She's probably a feminist.
Hiding behind "Well, I write a story with a strong female character! I can't be misogynistic!" is stupid.

kyupol
So you don't start crying and acting helpless as some thug tries to rape you or harm your children and family. So you don't need to call on Big Brother to save you.

Way to blame the victim, dude. “Oh, if she gets raped, it's her own fault for not carrying pepper spray. And if she screams for help while being raped, she's just relying on help from the men. She should have been stronger so she wouldn't get herself in that position!”

You know, Kyupol, it's asshats like you that make rape victims feel even more horrible. Implying that they are in any way responsible for what happened to them.

MrLostman
I don't know how you fail so hard.

Word, man. Word.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
kyupol at 10:40PM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
I guess that if I say:

“LOOK AT ME! I'M SO TOUGH! I'M A BIG AND TOUGH AND STRONG MAN!!! WAAAAWWWRRR!!! YEAHHHH!!!!

but… I need my mommy to wipe my ass and change my diapers… even if I'm not suffering from some sort of disease that hinders me from wiping my own ass and changing my diapers. I still need mommy to wipe my ass and change my diapers… ya know. But… mommy isn't doing a good enough job so I need the NANNY STATE to help me. yeah! That sure is manly!!!

Yeah. I'm a strong and independent man and I'm a real man.”

Its perfectly all right and I am perfectly sane and I am a real man.

If you call me a mama's boy, you are stupid. :)
NOW UPDATING!!!
kyupol at 4:57AM, May 11, 2009
(offline)
If feminists say that women are being oppressed:
Women are the only oppressed group in our society that lives in intimate association with their opressors. ~Evelyn Cunningham

“My feelings about men are the result of my experience. I have little sympathy for them. Like a Jew just released from Dachau, I watch the handsome young Nazi soldier fall writhing to the ground with a bullet in his stomach and I look briefly and walk on. I don't even need to shrug. I simply don't care. What he was, as a person, I mean, what his shames and yearnings were, simply don't matter.”

“All men are rapists and that's all they are.”

Marilyn French; The Woman's Room.

—–
Then why is it that:

-Men build statues of goddesses

-Men try to impress women just to win their heart

-Men include them in their list of “saints”.

- Men obey the orders of a female commander

So… Men still are oppressors of women.

NOW UPDATING!!!
Aurora Moon at 8:45AM, May 11, 2009
(offline)
I don't believe anybody has been putting down men at all in this thread, Kyupol. So there's no reason for you to type such stupid shit.

Yes, it started off with the thread creator ranting about how a few male jerks were picking on her because of her gender…

but the rest of us has been very reasonable in that we recognized that when it comes to being an sexist jerk… that's equal opportunity for BOTH genders. some women can be sexist pigs, just like how some men can be sexist pigs.

Think of Feminism just like The Christian Religion– it starts off very well… in fact it was actually NEEDED. because in the past there was plenty of abusive husbands and fathers who women couldn't leave at all, period. They actually had to commit themselves to insane asylums, because that was the only safe place from their abusive husbands and fathers… and even then those insane asylums weren't exactly safe for women themselves. and they couldn't even go places without being escorted by men.

It started off as an fairly normal thing… Women just wanting to be on equal footing with men. No sense of superiority at all. Women back then who railed for equal rights believed strongly in family and all that. They weren't anti-family at all. They just wanted to be able to go places without causing some sort of huge scandal simply because their husbands or male relatives weren't escorting them.

In fact if you looked up the women's suffrage movement… you'd learn that it was all very reasonable requests from the very start– nothing that would break up the family unit and all that jazz.

However… just like with Christianity… as an group becomes big and popular enough, there's going to be the few corrupted people who seeks to abuse the group's name for their own ends.

Just like there was the corrupt priests who were telling Christians that it was okay to take black slaves, to hate people of color, to murder people in certain situations…..

There was corrupted women who looked to change the face of feminism completely… changing it from this wonderful and completely reasonable thing into this man-hating abomination.

Just like how there is Bad and good Christians, there is many good feminists just as there are bad feminists.
bravo1102 at 8:52AM, May 11, 2009
(online)
Everyone compare the years before the early 1970s with what has happened since. My sister was on the cutting edge of feminsim and you know what? They changed the world (well at least the west) Of course without a long memory so many don't see that.

To quote those old Virginia Slims ads: You've come a long way baby.

I suggest kyupol that you read Backlash by Susan Faludi and compare that to The Fifties by David Halberstam.

Hopefully you'll wake up like I did or continue living in your cloud cuckoo land and become more and more of a caricature.

The CIA can barely tie its own shoelaces, just look how pathetically wrong they were about Vietnam. There is no way they could have started feminism to destroy the conventional family. That was the result of the Johnson administration's social programs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Jonko at 8:54AM, May 11, 2009
(online)
kyupol
I don't see anything wrong with strong women. In fact, I believe that all citizens (who don't have a criminal record) should be ARMED. And that includes women. Yes you ladies should be armed. At least with pepper spray if holding a gun intimidates you. So you don't start crying and acting helpless as some thug tries to rape you or harm your children and family. So you don't need to call on Big Brother to save you.

Unfortunately, in many countries it is ILLEGAL to be armed, including pepper spray (yup it's illegal here in Japan, just looked it up). And I have to say I agree with megan_rose on some points. Even a guy would run and ask for help if someone's trying to kill him or seriously injure him, so I think for both women and men there are times when you need to find some Big Brother to save you. We have to remember that men need help just as much as women when they are a victim of a crime.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
kyupol at 10:25AM, May 11, 2009
(offline)
Hopefully you'll wake up like I did or continue living in your cloud cuckoo land and become more and more of a caricature.

Every read actual documents such as:
-NSSM 200 by Henry Kissinger
-Project for the New American Century
-MIAC report (look to page 7 and you'll see that if you support Ron Paul, Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin, you are a terrorist)
-DHS Report
Open source reporting of wartime ammunition shortages has likely spurred
rightwing extremists—as well as law-abiding Americans—to make bulk purchases of
ammunition. These shortages have increased the cost of ammunition, further
exacerbating rightwing extremist paranoia and leading to further stockpiling activity.
Both rightwing extremists and law-abiding citizens share a belief that rising crime rates
attributed to a slumping economy make the purchase of legitimate firearms a wise move
at this time.

You're a terrorist if you are a law-abiding citizen who wants to buy ammo and guns.

Look. We have a bunch of control freaks running this planet who seek to destroy and divide us. They want us to hate one another. By race, by gender, by left and right, by religion, etc.

Feminism was one of their many tools used to achieve this goal. Sure it sounds reasonable at first. Having equal rights for man and woman. Great idea. Everyone agrees on that.
But it works the same as communism. Communism is about making everyone equal through the equal distribution of wealth (at least on paper). We had well-meaning people who were duped. But as demonstrated in history, communism only turned out to be a tool of enslavement and destruction.

Since the family is the basic unit of society, it must be destroyed in order to destroy society.

Unfortunately, in many countries it is ILLEGAL to be armed, including pepper spray (yup it's illegal here in Japan, just looked it up)

Its because their government is run by a pack of criminals who want a monopoly of force and a disarmed public.

They want you to just lie there and take it and scream “HEEEELLLPPP!!! BIG BROTHER!!! SAAAAAVVVEEE MMMEEEEE!!!! AAAGGGGHHH!!!” Yeah. That's how you should behave. Learn to be a slave.

Sad to say… all governments on the planet are run by criminals who do not have the best intention of the average people.

Thats why its a good thing to be highly skeptical of government.

————
I've said my points and I'll just say this.

I respect and love the women in my family.

And if ever I do have a daughter in the future, these are some of the things I will teach her.

- the sanctity and value of human life.

- how to be strong and how to protect herself. She will know how to fight. She will not cower in fear and be abused by some thug. At the same time, I will teach her honor. You do not hurt other people unless there's an imminent threat.

- how to be independent at an early age. She should know that mommy and daddy isn't gonna be there forever and she should be prepared MENTALLY for worst case scenarios like the death of her parents and being betrayed by people close to her. Like “close friends” as well as guys who tell her how much they love her, only to break her heart in the end.

- how Big Brother is not her friend. How Big Brother is just there to deceive you and sterilize you and hurt you and your children through the vaccines, the fluoride, the GMO foods, etc. How Big Brother is there to teach you how to feel inadequate and hate yourself as well as the male gender.

- how to have self-esteem. How you are a spiritual being. That you should not listen to the media when they tell you you need to be a skinny bag of bones in order to be “pretty”. And not how to be a slave to so-called “fashion”.
You are strong, pretty, and independent by your very nature as a spiritual being. Do you need all those chemicals on your face to make you “pretty”?

NOW UPDATING!!!
Skullbie at 10:29AM, May 11, 2009
(online)
Dear God,

Please do not let Kyupol ever have children.

bravo1102 at 11:34AM, May 11, 2009
(online)
Just to be on the level I have read all those documents. I was part of the organization that was supposed to enforce them. lol! The days of the every male citizen a milita man and deputy of the law is long past. Would you rather have a mobocracy? Republican Rome realized the need of a dictator in times of crisis. So does the US Constitution by having martial law and the US President as commander-in-chief. However, the president is supposed to be Cinncinatus and George Washington and know when to step back. It'll be men not any shadow group who have and who will pervert any society to gain power.

Knowing what I know about a lot of those Right-wing Conspiracy believing Libertarian survivalist types (often racist, even White supremicists and religious fanatics)… they are pretty dangerous. Oh and veterans? Remember the conspiracies following the American War for Independence that wanted a dictator? (and the Civil War and the Great Depression and Andrew Jackson and…)

Skullbie, I think we're safe that kyupol will never develop a relationship with someone to the point where he fathers children. Though with all the subversive types conspiracy believing Christians in the USA who have tons of kids? It's already too late…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ochitsukanai at 12:14PM, May 11, 2009
(online)
AnotherUchiha
I don't need a guy to hold my hand or help me I do everything on my own without any help and I'm proud to say I haven't cried in 4 years with the exception of a few tears from laughing.
Why does no one question THAT bit?

If anything, I'd say that I dislike the sexism in society that makes it wrong or weak to cry, especially “strong” men - men and women should feel equally free to express their feelings about things. Why shouldn't they?

The way it looks, it's like “women are weak, so they can cry” and “men are strong, so they can't.” I mean, that model is harming everyone. People of both genders are trapped in societal gender roles, not just women. :\

EDIT: Right, and Kyupol, I'm wondering if there is anything you do not interpret through those special glasses of yours. When you eat a pudding cup or look at a park bench, do you think about how that pudding or park bench is part of the tremendous government conspiracy? :p Naw, just playin'. It's just kinda incredible to me, how you can shove everything into your ideology like that.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Product Placement at 1:01PM, May 11, 2009
(online)
Now I normally have very little to say about these kind of topics. I normally consider myself an open minded person who doesn't think about crap like can or can't a person do a certain thing because of their sex, race or other forms of “disadvantages”. Heck, I need to be one if I'm going to be able to accept that I live in a country currently being governed by a prime minister who's left leaning, female and gay.

Normally I get equally irritated by stupid comments where women is put down by a man and vise verse. None the less, there are few stereotypes that's rubbed onto me about the men vs women debate.

Men are stronger: Something I've lived with all my life is the stereotype that men are physically stronger then women. Growing up, me and my other male classmates were forced to do more challenging tests during physical ed. because it was assumed that we were stronger. We were forced to lift heavier weights, do push ups where we lift up our entire body while the girls could keep their knees on the ground and run further and faster. If you look at world records you also notice that in most cases men demonstrate considerably better records then their female counterparts. Scientific studies have confirmed that testosterone helps build up muscle which men have in far greater quantities then women.

Men are more aggressive: Same studies with the testosterone state that these hormones tend to make men more aggressive. Domestic violence between couples are normally committed by the man. Arrest records show that far greater quantities of men commit crimes related to physical violence. So on and so on.

Women are better at multitasking: I've fought against this claim for a long time because I'm actually good at multitasking. However, I've seen many men who completely zone out and ignore EVERYTHING while they're doing something and even I have been guilty of that crime from time to time. I also have to give credit to women who are raising two children, working a full time job, studying and still finding time to please their husband after he comes home completely exhausted from his day at work.

Women are safer drivers: I protest at this one yet at the same time give it merit. Men are risk takers and tend to take a chance in traffic. Thus they tend to end up causing serious car accidents. However I feel like that men pay more attention in traffic and thus cause fewer fender benders.

Men are better with maps. Not sure about this one but I myself have a good knack at finding my way around places. I've also read a study claiming that men and women plot their way around places differently. Women tend to plot a path where you turn left at this street, right when you reach this street, go 5 miles in this direction before turning at that intersection and so on. Men plot their path where they first head to this church tower(or another obvious landmark) and then try to find this street which should be near that mall. While the male approach is more crude, it contains less information and thus is easier to remember.

What's your opinion about it?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved