Random Discussion

Sexism anyone?
same at 5:53AM, April 8, 2010
(online)
Ok well not really. My girlfriend constantly nags me about being equal. She seems to think that she is as physically strong as me. Im 18 stone and 6 ft 3. She is 14 stone and pushing 5 foot. Not very athletic either.

I have been doing heavy lifting from the age of 9. Last summer i got a job that required me to stop every 20 seconds and lift 12 litres of liquid then go on to the next 12. Basically a warehouse assembly line putting goods onto a trolley. I then had to drag it around in a cart. Not a motorized cart either. I would have been easily pulling about half an elephant around the warehouse. She sat in the house most of the summer and went for a frolic on the beach.

She then went on to say that women are equal to men. I know that. Then she kept asking why i was denying that she was equaly as strong. I said because its a fact. She then started to say that its only an opinion. I got angry and she got defencive. What the hell is that about?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
ozoneocean at 6:18AM, April 8, 2010
(online)
Sounds like a BF vs GF argument to meeeee ^__^

Wow. I just did the google thing to work of stones in kilos. You're massive.

Technically, I'd say there is very little chance that she is anywhere near as strong as you.

But as far as BF vs GF arguments go, she's superwoman and you're a little bitty noodleman. That's what I'd let her think anyway. What could it hurt? Let her think she's musclegirl. So what? You know the truth and that way it'll keep her happy.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
same at 6:44AM, April 8, 2010
(online)
lol! Yeah. Im just wondering what flawed logic would cause such a delusion.
ozoneocean at 7:03AM, April 8, 2010
(online)
When you put it that way…

From all the girls I've known, one thing they ALL love to do is tease you by puncturing your puffed up ideas of yourself- one way or another.

I'd bet a small amount of cash that all she's doing is putting that on to make you pissy.
Whether for fun or malice depends, but it's probably the former. Harmless.

rokulily at 2:13PM, April 8, 2010
(online)
hm… dunno. theres an idea that ‘i’m just as good' and the idea of wanting to be strong. i'd like to think i'm strong. but then i'm realistic instead of femanistic. most women are not as strong as guys. hell, the only reason i'd ever win a fight is cause i'm extremly agile and i understand the basic concept that it is harder for people to physically fight you when they are getting chairs thrown at their heads…

it's kind of that, i'm not a damsels in distress i can save myself thank you very much thing. just don't like the idea of being weaker, or worse, helpless. but then some times people can go in denial from there i think.

i dunno. that's just what i think.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
crocty at 2:54PM, April 9, 2010
(online)
Sounds like you got a feminist on your hands.

I'm afraid there's no hope for her anymore.
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
GracehFaceh at 3:18PM, April 9, 2010
(online)
Tell your girlfriend to shut up, she's ruining this for us! We've convinced men for years that we are the weaker sex, if you make them think otherwise we'll have to carry our own shopping bags, and open pickle jars, and stuff. That's just not acceptable. Do you know how many pairs of shoes I buy in one trip?! I don't wanna have to haul that shit!

All kidding aside, this sounds more like a BF/GF fight like Ozone said. I remember getting in a fight with my ex boyfriend similar to this, regarding which race was the best at as a whole. Needless to say he called me a racist for assuming that blacks were better at basketball and whites were better at hockey due to their cultures being more connected to one or the other. But our fight really wasn't about race or sports, but the underlying problems we both refused to address that were causing us to be tense with each other. Not sure if there are any problems for you, but perhaps you need to find out. :P

Still, I DO think males, generally speaking, are built to be stronger physically than females and females are built to be emotionally stronger due to evolution or what not. It's not a negative thing, because both sexes work together to build society and serve different purposes.

I'm weak as hell though. I am not what a feminist looks like. ):
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Product Placement at 3:39PM, April 9, 2010
(online)
rokulily
hell, the only reason i'd ever win a fight is cause i'm extremly agile and i understand the basic concept that it is harder for people to physically fight you when they are getting chairs thrown at their heads
Remind me to never get in fight with you.

According to the biology that I learned, men have the potential of becoming stronger then women. The increased testosterone levels that we produce helps us build more muscle mass then women. It's possible for women to achieve the same strength levels that a male in his prime has but they need to work harder to get to it.

Then there's also the case of whether or not you're in shape. A man is not automatically stronger then every women around unless he works out. Judging by what Same said, he's clearly in more shape then his girlfriend (unless he's omitting some info). I'd think that she's just full of hot air.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
AQua_ng at 6:27PM, April 9, 2010
(online)
Well, she can still kick you in the nuts, so she can pretty much do two generations' worth a damage with one swift blow.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Hawk at 11:10AM, April 11, 2010
(online)
Women have this crazy idea that just because they can push a baby out of themselves, that they're these titans of inconceivable strength. So here's what you do: Tear off your shirt in a display of uncontrollable rage, then start yelling stuff like the Ultimate Warrior in Ozone's Ultimate Warrior thread. It doesn't have to make sense, you just have to sound really tough and angry. Then, start grunting and pounding on the hood of your car.

I promise you, she'll probably never talk to you about strength again. You might not ever have to talk to her again at all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
lba at 1:28PM, April 11, 2010
(online)
GracehFaceh
All kidding aside, this sounds more like a BF/GF fight like Ozone said. I remember getting in a fight with my ex boyfriend similar to this, regarding which race was the best at as a whole. Needless to say he called me a racist for assuming that blacks were better at basketball and whites were better at hockey due to their cultures being more connected to one or the other.

I've noted this observation before myself. Of course, I noted it because I wanted to know why my black friend insisted on basketball all the time. He was pretty much in agreement though.

Of course when in doubt, Hawk's suggestion is the best for this sort of situation. I would also advise breaking as much stuff as possible before you start pounding on the car. Women are always impressed by men with hairy chests who abuse things. They love a man who communicates his feelings.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
same at 3:26PM, April 11, 2010
(online)
Just to clarify on what PP said. Im in shape. I do work out but i slack off a lot. So im just a bit above adverage.
kyupol at 7:42PM, April 11, 2010
(online)
same
Ok well not really. My girlfriend constantly nags me about being equal. She seems to think that she is as physically strong as me. Im 18 stone and 6 ft 3. She is 14 stone and pushing 5 foot. Not very athletic either.

I have been doing heavy lifting from the age of 9. Last summer i got a job that required me to stop every 20 seconds and lift 12 litres of liquid then go on to the next 12. Basically a warehouse assembly line putting goods onto a trolley. I then had to drag it around in a cart. Not a motorized cart either. I would have been easily pulling about half an elephant around the warehouse. She sat in the house most of the summer and went for a frolic on the beach.

She then went on to say that women are equal to men. I know that. Then she kept asking why i was denying that she was equaly as strong. I said because its a fact. She then started to say that its only an opinion. I got angry and she got defencive. What the hell is that about?

Feminism = tool of the dark forces to destroy the the family.

Gloria Steinem = CIA asset.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
ozoneocean at 9:59PM, April 11, 2010
(online)
Hawk
Women have this crazy idea that just because they can push a baby out of themselves, that they're these titans of inconceivable strength. So here's what you do: Tear off your shirt in a display of uncontrollable rage, then start yelling stuff like the Ultimate Warrior in Ozone's Ultimate Warrior thread. It doesn't have to make sense, you just have to sound really tough and angry. Then, start grunting and pounding on the hood of your car.

I promise you, she'll probably never talk to you about strength again. You might not ever have to talk to her again at all.
LOL
This works :)
lba
Of course when in doubt, Hawk's suggestion is the best for this sort of situation. I would also advise breaking as much stuff as possible before you start pounding on the car. Women are always impressed by men with hairy chests who abuse things. They love a man who communicates his feelings.
LOL
Very True
kyupol

Gloria Steinem = CIA asset.
LOL LOL LOL :)

ImaginaryGirl at 2:43PM, April 14, 2010
(offline)
Men are in general stronger than women. Of course, there's a broad range in both sexes so it is possible for a woman to be stronger than a given man. Specially if she's a weight lifter and he isn't. But most men do have the advantage in this, particularly with upper body strength. However, strength is not everything in fighting. There's also stamina, skill, and agility. The trick is to know what kind of fighting style suites your strengths and weaknesses. Women, for example, tend to have better stamina and pain tolerance. So…a man is not inherently superior in a fight, since there are a lot of other factors. Really, it depends more on the individuals than anything.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
Boxtop at 6:09PM, April 17, 2010
(online)
First, I'd like to say that feminists can kiss my ass.

Second, before I go off into a tangent, I think what you should do is this: to prove your point, ask her to do your job for fifteen minutes or something. Chances are she won't be able to, and she'll probably end up agreeing with you in some form or another.

Hell, I'm a 6'2"-ish male, weigh at least 160 lbs, and can only benchpress 80 lbs without killing myself, yet I still think men are stronger than women because that's how we were built. While the women took care of the children in the cave, we were out there hunting for food and earning the keep.

GracehFaceh
Still, I DO think males, generally speaking, are built to be stronger physically than females and females are built to be emotionally stronger due to evolution or what not.

You're kidding, right? Judging from what I've seen and read, women are the most emotionally unstable (and abusive) of the two sexes. That's why we men have a hell of a time getting along with them.

If you weren't joking, I would agree. I think one of radical feminism's (the most prevalent feminism today) goals is to break apart the traditional family under the guise that it constricts women to predefined, traditional roles, and (depending on which feminist is off her meds) makes her a slave to her husband and the Illuminati…er, I mean the patriarchy.

Anyway, I personally think that men and women are not equal and can never be fully equal. I say this because when people say “men and women are equal” it seems to me that they really mean “men and women are the same”, which is obviously not the case. We are completely different in every respect (the fact that men have a penis and women have a vagina is proof of that); if we were really equal, we'd be androgynous.
This Webcomic Is DEAD, so don't read it.

(Before you reply to anything I say, please see this)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
ozoneocean at 6:42PM, April 17, 2010
(online)
Wha…? o_O

*slowly backs away out of the door…*

HippieVan at 10:31PM, April 17, 2010
(online)
Wow, boxtop, have you had bad experiences with women or something? That's the most misogynistic post I've seen in a long while.

First of all, I'd like to clarify that men and women being considered equal means equal rights, not that we're the same in every way.

Your idea for same to “prove his point” is not a very good one. Obviously his girlfriend is being very silly here and same is correct that he's stronger, but to make sure you're proven right about those dumb arguments would be a very bad relationship move.

Do you make generalizations about everyone or everything? Unless you can cite a good source that proves women are on average more emotionally unstable and abusive than men, that's not a very clever thing to say. I seriously doubt you've known a large enough or diverse enough percentage of the world's population of women to make that assumption yourself. Or to say that all men can't get along with women.

Also, men and women are not “completely different in every respect”. You say a man has a penis and a woman has a vagina, which is true. But I don't see how that proves that men and women are different in every respect. For instance, we both have two eyes, two ears, a nose, a mouth, a heart, etc…seems to me if we're to take physical characteristics, there's a lot more in common than there is different.

Anyways, I think you need to stop being bitter, because dismissing half of the world's population is pretty extreme.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Ironscarf at 4:26AM, April 18, 2010
(online)
same
What the hell is that about?

If we men understood what it was about, I suspect the universe would cease to exist at that precise moment. Women and men are not the same - I'm not talking about the obvious difference, we're just not wired up the same. You and I will never understand and neither should we.

It's ok to joke with her about this a little, but ultimately you must AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE WORD SHE SAYS. Failure to do so will result in the most terrible, far reaching consequences. Alternatively, you could take the advice of single guys, disagree - but be prepared to spend every night of your life with them, crying into your beer.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ozoneocean at 4:43AM, April 19, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
It's ok to joke with her about this a little, but ultimately you must AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE WORD SHE SAYS.
Good to know someone agrees with me :)

———————-
As to the crazily serious discussion about whether men are stronger than ladies in general: that's meaningless.
It depends only on a case by cases basis.

In my case I'm met many women who believe they're physically stronger than me, which was an idea I was in NO hurry to disabuse!- and not because I wanted to sleep with them either. - if someone else thinks they're better at heavy lifting then that's FINE with me :)

Not only will I agree that Yes, the woman is indeed stronger (or any other male for that matter), I will go on to support that idea and actively encourage it.

I shared a studio with a blonde former model years ago and learned a thing or two about that sort of passive manipulation. Anyone can do it, not just the ladies ;)

same at 8:34AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
I guess its not really about the gender more about the kind of person. Both genders can be retarded, emotionally unstable and week. At the same time both can be strong in both will, physical strength an intelligence. Also both can be complete pricks. Not depending on the gender.

Some men who think they are strongest think they are the dominant gender and this entitles them to being strongest. Another opinion is an inferiority complex causing them to not want to be bested by females.

Women who think they are stronger are under the impression that they are being over thrown and want to gain dominance. This also seems to be caused by an inferiority complex, causing them to over compensate with words rather than actual proof.

Neither is emotionally stronger. Its the person themselves. It doesn't depend on gender.

Feminism is supid

Masculism is too.

People are all different and shouldn't be split up into groups depending on gender.

Did I just answer my own question?
Product Placement at 8:59AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
same
Feminism is supid
I have a funny feminism story.

A female politician, from where I live, heard about those movements in the States who are trying to change certain titles, by replace the word “men” with “person” in order to make them gender neutral (turning firemen into fireperson).

So she started her own movement where she wanted to introduce the word “þingkona” (meaning congresswoman) in order to counter the word “þingmaður” (which she apparently thought meant congressman). Here's where it gets funny. “Þingmaður” is already gender neutral “maður” doesn't mean “man”. It means “person”! That silly woman was actually damaging her own cause by attempting to create a separate title for her female coworkers. Because nothing spells equality like dividing men and women into two separate groups.

Thankfully her idea was ridiculed.

But I understand why she would get confused, that poor thing. The Icelandic language has gender-specific nouns. A chair is masculine. Clock is feminine. The floor is neutral. “Person” happens to be masculine so it's treated like a masculine thing in speech, which could explain why she thought it meant “man”. However, the fact that she didn't grasp this basic understanding of our grammar and decides to waste time at the congress with pointless tripe like this makes me question her competence as a “congressperson”.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
jninjashadow at 2:17PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Bah, Why do all these feminists even bother to change the old titles. Yes, traditionally the job titles described the job of the man who did them, but ever sense women have been filling the roles as well, I've been seeing the “man” in them as a shortened version of human. IDK it may just be that I'm a nerd but that's how I viewed it.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
alwinbot at 2:51PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
It's obvious Same's lady is a witch and we must burn her at the stake.

OHOHOH…IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE NEVER HAD SOCIAL CONTACT WITH A WOMAN OR ANYTHING RIGHT!?

RIGHT!?

right?
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
ce33 at 4:12PM, April 20, 2010
(offline)
…right. But really, in terms of strength, if a guy and a girl every get into an argument about it, they should 1) arm-wrestle, 2) see who can carry the other up the most flights of stairs.

I think that would decide the stronger in a harmless fashion, assuming no one gets dropped along the way.

Ah, I actually did have a deeper point, somewhere, but I forgot what it was.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
GracehFaceh at 5:13PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Boxtop

You're kidding, right? Judging from what I've seen and read, women are the most emotionally unstable (and abusive) of the two sexes. That's why we men have a hell of a time getting along with them.

Well excuse me, princess. Sorry your mom beat you or something, but that's no reason to be getting all flustered over the idea of a woman being somehow superior.

Allow me to clarify: Since we have a different connection to emotions than men do, I guess you could say we aren't stronger emotionally but different. Same goes with physical as well, because some say that women have a higher tolerance for pain due to childbirth and all. Of course, what you're saying is pretty unfounded and comes off kind of ridiculous.

jninjashadow
Bah, Why do all these feminists even bother to change the old titles. Yes, traditionally the job titles described the job of the man who did them, but ever sense women have been filling the roles as well, I've been seeing the “man” in them as a shortened version of human. IDK it may just be that I'm a nerd but that's how I viewed it.

Yeah, I don't get that either. It just seems like the feminists are just looking for reasons to complain now. I kinda of like being different. Being a woman is an incredibly powerful thing, so I don't understand the drive to be more like men.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Product Placement at 6:49PM, April 20, 2010
(online)
GracehFaceh
Same goes with physical as well, because some say that women have a higher tolerance for pain due to childbirth and all.
I read an article about this once. Both men and women produce endorphin which works like a natural pain killer. The gland that produces it can only make so much of it at any given time and distributes it when needed. Hurting yourself, exercising, sex and drug usage produces the chemical and dulls the pain or puts you into a blissful state, when there's no pain present.

During childbirth, that gland goes into overdrive and produces the highest levels of endorphins measured in humans. So much in fact that it would be considered harmful for her if not for the fact that some of it gets flushed out through the breastmilk, which helps calm down the baby that had just experienced the trauma of being born.

So yes. There is not a single person around with a higher pain tolerance than a women giving birth to a child.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Freegurt at 3:00PM, April 21, 2010
(online)
same
Feminism is stupid

No, extremism is stupid. Feminism (it's not just for women, men can be feminist too) is the desire for gender equality. It's not about hating men and glorifying women; that's misandry.

It's a shame that people say feminist or feminism as if its made of poison. I'm feminist. I'm all for equality for women, but I don't want men being bashed or to change words like Product Placement showed, because they have ‘man’ in them.
Anyway, I wanted to clarify that since it's a bother to me that people thing feminism and misandry are all the same thing.

Before I go onto any more tangents, I agree with Ozone, just let her believe what she wants and just move on. As long as you know what you know, then you should be fine.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Product Placement at 8:10AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Freegurt
Feminism (it's not just for women, men can be feminist too) is the desire for gender equality.
I've always wanted to think about someone like that as a… “pro equal rights person” (Sorry. We have a word for that in my native language). A feminist sounds like someone who's only fighting for the interest of women rights. That's not necessarily a bad thing, since women are often mistreated but it's very easy for a misandrist to hide in such movements, possibly doing more harm then good to the cause.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 8:30AM, April 22, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
“pro equal rights person” (Sorry. We have a word for that in my native language).
We'd borrow that word for English if you guys didn't insist on using unpronounceable squiggly-wiggles instead of letters T____T

I think what people are saying is that they don't like the feminist equivalent of Boxtop up there? ;)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved