Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Sexlife vs Creative energy...
notlikelytocare at 7:08PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
Skullbie
Pretty sure that's no sex=lame comic nickguy

That would explain alot…
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Skullbie at 7:50PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
Actually to confess; sometimes when I'm listening to NIN in the corner, I think about creating this comic about my retarded emo dreams… the main character is ‘an extension of myself’ and the comic would just be one crappily rendered picture with a ton of my award winning emotic poetry detailing my inner darkness…

But then I realize what a huge faggot i'm being and get back to creating super kawaii anime comics
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Faliat at 11:11PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Puff_Of_Smoke
Tacster002
I'm an asexual (having no sex drive whatsoever)
We have something in common :D
I might be, too. But it's hard to tell. I've had a couple of bad experiences in that area before I got to an age of developing those desires. So I might just still be feeling the aftereffects of those.

However, more and more these days I happen to be noticing that attractions past seemed to be based on aesthetic features, intellect and personality rather than sexual desire.

Despite these thoughts and feelings in my head I can't help but feel angry that I'm supposed to be ashamed of them.

Anyway, my problem with creativity is the fact I have too much. I've always had that issue. It's nothing new. And getting those ideas down is always difficult. I'm a perfectionist. If it's not exactly like I see it in my head, it's never good enough.

I've noticed that most of my best and most productive artworks have been those in which I'm totally absorbed into. I eat, sleep and breathe it. It fuses with my skin and leeches my blood from me until I get it to near-perfection. Total dedication.

If I was to form an intimate relationship with someone it has to be somebody creatively supportive or near enough the same as me in that area in order for it to work out.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Scheiden at 4:19PM, Jan. 3, 2009
(offline)
If ever that's true then that might be a problem for me and my girlfriend. She's like a rabbit. Srsly. -A-

I also noticed that I can't work much when we're under the same roof. She'd always jump on me ;___;

Well, it didn't affect my creativity though. Just my time to draw the stuffs I want to draw…. like my effing comics ;A; *gets shot*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
mlai at 5:48AM, Jan. 4, 2009
(online)
Scheiden
…. like my effing comics ;A; *gets shot*
Yeah, um, just go ahead and shoot yourself before we come and kick the teeth out of your bragging mouth. You can't actually expect us to take your “complaint” seriously.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
bittertea at 9:15AM, Jan. 6, 2009
(online)
sexlife….? creative energy….?

leads to more alcohol for me…..

oh ho ho ho *hangs head and sobs

*hic*
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
freefall_drift at 11:01AM, Jan. 6, 2009
(online)
When I was in my dating years, I found I was wildly creative for a time after each breakup or dumping. All that energy had to go somewhere. When I got my first real boyfriend, I found I had no will to work on my comic. I actually considered breaking up to keep the comic going.
Freefall Drift - A sci fi space opera of a starship's mission of stopping the Endless Kings.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Scheiden at 8:22AM, Jan. 10, 2009
(offline)
mlai
Scheiden
…. like my effing comics ;A; *gets shot*
Yeah, um, just go ahead and shoot yourself before we come and kick the teeth out of your bragging mouth. You can't actually expect us to take your “complaint” seriously.

Jokes aside. I hate it the most when my time is consumed by anything not related to art. And I'm not bragging. In fact, I dislike my situation with a passion. Thank god we've come into an agreement that we won't participate in such activities while in college. It's a huge distraction to me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Terminal at 8:47AM, Jan. 10, 2009
(online)
Pain does it for me.

No ideas? Twist my arm the other way until I can't take it no more. The pain brings in a whole shit load of ideas that you wouldn't believe.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
DMH at 5:34PM, Jan. 10, 2009
(offline)
I think it all really depends on who you are. Sort of like being left handed, some people are energised by having sex and others it just takes away their energy. I'm more the first group, it just makes me feel so much more productive. If I slept around all the time, like three or four times a day, I'd probably be able to get a graphic novel done in a week.

But, I'll probably never get the chance to try it :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Abt_Nihil at 5:49AM, Jan. 11, 2009
(offline)
I can't say anything about actual productivity (as in: page per given timeframe), but what I can say is this: I usually find my comics to be about what I don't have.

If I had sex, maybe signifikat would be about peace in the Middle East.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon