Debate and Discussion

Sexual Fetishes: "sick" or "normal"
kyupol at 7:14AM, Jan. 16, 2006
(online)
Do you think people with sexual fetishes are “psycho”? Are you supposed to be afraid of them because they might become violent or stalkative?

Or are they just normal people like anybody else?
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
isukun at 7:31AM, Jan. 16, 2006
(online)
I'm not sure where you get this stuff. A fetish is simply something that arouses you sexually. It can be anything from a particular part of the anatomy to an inanimate object. Just about everyone has a fetish of some sort, whether that leads to violent behavior or stalking is really dependent on the fetish and how little self control a person has.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
marine at 10:47AM, Jan. 16, 2006
(offline)
Its fucking sick is what it is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
Anonymous at 1:19PM, Jan. 16, 2006
(offline)
It's usually people who are psycho that have sexual fetishes not the other way around. :P
I'm going to have to agree with isukun on this one. Everyone has a fetish, even if you think you don't, you do. People don't become violent or um…stalkative!? over fetishes, unless the fetish itself is stalking people or something involved in very violent behaviour. And usually people with the violent kind of fetishes pick other people that are into that kind of thing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
ozoneocean at 2:11PM, Jan. 16, 2006
(online)
Yeah, like Iskun says, fetishes are pretty normal. I mean, some people have a thing for breasts; that's a fetish.
Of course some people really have a thing for breasts, and it goes too far… So much so that they get massively ginormous implants stuck in them and then get themselves jammed in their own door frames, never, ever being able to get out again…

…help me! I’m trapped in here…
Just get me out and I swear I’ll have a reduction…
What? You never see a guy with blimp sized tits before??? :x

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
LostPriestess at 2:13PM, Jan. 16, 2006
(offline)
A fetish is in itsself isn't a bad thing at all. You will be hard pressed to find someone that dosen't have something that can be called a fetish. And so long as it's not a fetish for eating people alive that they are acting on; I see nothing wrong with them at all.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
mykill at 6:50PM, Jan. 16, 2006
(online)
The sexual fetish is psycho, it marginalizes you, makes you ‘different’.

But the REALITY is that the most truely rare and freakish fetish of all, is to be completely without any sexual fetish at all.

You're different - you're the same.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Ian Jay at 7:06PM, Jan. 16, 2006
(offline)
Oh Kinsey, where art thou, in our time of most dire need?

~IJ

PS: These forums are just like my table at lunch: When everyone starts talking about sex, they can't stop, even if the discussion seems like it's over. And eventually someone gets Tater Tots rammed down their shirt. Usually Sean. Sometimes Annette, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Mazoo at 7:59PM, Jan. 16, 2006
(offline)
Let's see….

-An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
-An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
-Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
-An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation

That's the dictionary.com version, but besides the last point I think it shows that fetishes are pretty normal. It doesn't say anything about “psychos” or being “sick” or anything like that. Really, a fetish is anything that turns you on, whatever that may be.

P.S. Wow IanJay, sounds almost like my lunch table! :lol: Except we throw chicken balls around instead of tots. We eat the tots. We also eat the chicken balls, but that's beside the point…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
kyupol at 8:34PM, Jan. 17, 2006
(online)
I'm cool with BDSM. I dont mind either the “dominant” or “submissive” position. One girl I know has a fetish for getting raped. When I did her, I did a half-assed job of “raping” her cuz I was uncomfortable with raping someone. But she still enjoyed it… 8) I did other “alternative” things to her which Id rather not mention… :lol: I also like “roleplaying” dog and owner. It doesnt matter if Im the one leashed or the one holding the leash.

As for the “submissive” position, I have a fetish for a girl's thighs. I want my face squeezed between them… as in getting choked… :x

Anyway, one other girl wasnt comfortable with this whole BDSM fetish thing and I scared the shit outta her that I fuckin backed off 10 meters away in order to diffuse the fear.

Come on. BDSM is consensual. And I'm not one of those people who get aroused with electricity and whips. I'm more of mild BDSM.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NOW UPDATING!!!
ozoneocean at 9:36PM, Jan. 17, 2006
(online)
Sound's like you're into B&D, not S&M.

Chameloncholic at 1:32AM, Jan. 18, 2006
(online)
Sounds to me like he was just trying to find an excuse to tell us he liked to be tied up.

I got some rope right here lover boy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
skoolmunkee at 12:46PM, Jan. 18, 2006
(online)
Hey guys I had sex!

I don't think there's anything wrong or abnormal about any fetish, because then you get into an argument about what is right or wrong, and fetishes are strongly personal issues. I only think fetishes become a problem when they cross into unethical or illegal territory, like acting on pedophilic urges, or stalking someone, etc… and in that case, it isn't the fetish that is the problem, it is the person's self-control (or disdain for common laws which protect the privacy and safety of others).
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
ccs1989 at 1:11PM, Jan. 18, 2006
(online)
Well this HAS turned into a strange converstation, which I've been quietly monitoring since it came about. It's really strange that although sex is such a big part of life and has been around since the beginning, it seems to be the one thing humans just can't get a grip on. That's probably because everyone has such different ideas about what's normal.

As for me I'm barely 16 and quite conservative in my habits so I'm not exactly and expert on all this, but what I can say is…

um…wait what CAN I say on all this?

Not much.

You see although I'm pretty liberal in my philosophies I'm actually really conservative in my actions. So having never experienced sex I don't know what my fetishes are except for the fact that I like at least semi-attractive members of the opposite sex who are around my age. Which doesn't seem fetish-y.

I'm just going to stop discussing this now and let the more experienced talk about their ideas.

Although I do think that much older people with liberal mindsets who are around 60 or 70 are the most wise about these things, as they are past the point in their lives when hormones completely control them, and they can see the bigger picture. They can also offer advice. But for many people it's a taboo topic.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Aurora Moon at 6:12AM, Jan. 19, 2006
(offline)
well…

I have a certain fetish for vibrators and those shiny, vinyl/PVC skintight clothing. oh, and those pretty goth boys. *Drools*

I can't really reach an orgasm without a vibrator.. (can't believe she actually said this on a public forum) :oops:

and there's certainly something appealing about mild bondage.

Fetishes, just like medicine, alcohol and everything else in life, is good… until you start to take it way too far by overdoing things.

Medicine help you keep healthy and fight illnesses. However, they can also kill you or make you addicted to them if you overuse them way too often.

Ahchol once in a while is Okay. but if you like to drink everyday or become drunk everyday, then you're be overdoing it.

Even small hobbies such as, say, collecting frog statues, can quickly become a innocent thing turned into a scary, creepy thing; if you're constantly obsessed with frogs and is constantly acting like a frog because of it or something.

In this same vein, if you're a male who likes vangias… having sex with a consenting healthy woman once in a while is Okay. But if you take it to the point where you feel like you constantly need to have sex with women all the time, to the point where all you care about is pussy…
Then yeah, that's the point where you need help big time.

There's an balance kept in everything. things in small doses is great. But there can be such a thing as too much of a good thing.

And yes, consent and safety is also very important.

Pets can't consent vocally, so this is the main reason why this is illegal in most places.
Children are way too young to understand about sex to consent (at least usually, I've heard of rare cases where it was actually started by the child). Teenagers are a different story, but then again it also depends on how old they are at the time.
Corpses are dead so therefore they can't really consent so that's also out of the question here.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
kyupol at 7:54AM, Jan. 19, 2006
(online)
Chameloncholic
Sounds to me like he was just trying to find an excuse to tell us he liked to be tied up.

I got some rope right here lover boy.

I wanna see Chameloncholic tied up, blindfolded, electrocuted, and spanked by a dominatrix…

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
NOW UPDATING!!!
skoolmunkee at 8:18AM, Jan. 19, 2006
(online)
I think he was implying that you get tied up.

And then we all run away and have a party without you. :D
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
ozoneocean at 8:43AM, Jan. 19, 2006
(online)
kYuPoL
I wanna see Chameloncholic tied up, blindfolded, electrocuted, and spanked by a dominatrix…
So you’re into voyeurism as well? Kinky.
Well, whatever turns you on man… :)

Whew Aurora, that's a whole plate load to consider right there… On the issue of consent though; a dead body is basically an inanimate object, just like your vibrator, and yet you wouldn't think of asking a vibrator for consent, so why a dead body?

That said, I think sex with dead bodies is revolting, but I don’t think ‘consent’ is the issue, especially with children. You need other things like laws, values, taboos, and moral codes for that: there are real physical and psychological reasons why some things are wrong, (not just emotional ones).
People could of course apply the same argument to homosexuality, but we know that’s just specious and I won't even consider it.

Aurora Moon at 9:07AM, Jan. 19, 2006
(offline)
Well, you bring up a good point.

Well, a dead person is a person who used to be alive. and in a way, it's like being unconscious forever, you know?

You don't fuck an alive, unconscious person because you don't know whenever they would had given you consent or not.
That's like fucking Coma patients because they're the easiest thing to access sexually (provided that you don't get doctors and nurses getting in your way).

Not to mention it's not just the dead person.. it's the dead person's family, you know? by committing this act, you're pretty much dishonoring the dead one's family.. and in a way it's like you're violating their memories of their loved ones or something.

So you're not just doing an dead person, you're pretty much causing problems for the deceased family members.

A vibrator has no family, no maternal attachments or anything else. it wasn't even alive to start with. that's where it's different.

As for the children part, I pretty much agree.
That's just if they actually understood the implications due to being mature for their age, and consented to it on their own without being talked into it or “groomed” for it…. Then I guess in a way it's not as BAD as actually raping them, even if the idea of children having sex with adults still repulses me.

that said, I still believe the law is the law, and having sex with children should be illegal, period.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
LostPriestess at 11:24AM, Jan. 19, 2006
(offline)
Phantom_Penguin
and you forgot….
ITS A DEAD FUCKING BODY.

Na, in cases of necrophilia, it's usualy the other person doing the fucking :twisted:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
ozoneocean at 10:20PM, Jan. 19, 2006
(online)
Phantom_Penguin
ITS A DEAD FUCKING BODY.
Yeah… why is the sky blue? Because it is. Why is water wet? Because it is…
That's not very helpful. We know it's horrible, but what intelectual arguments can you put to people who don't think in those terms?

Chameloncholic at 11:51PM, Jan. 19, 2006
(online)
Does the body mind? It is after all.. dead. And I think we can pretty much all agree it doesn't care anymore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Aurora Moon at 1:23AM, Jan. 20, 2006
(offline)
Chameloncholic
Does the body mind? It is after all.. dead. And I think we can pretty much all agree it doesn't care anymore.

yeah, which is why I listed the above reasons about the family members caring and minding that you were pretty much violating thier dead loved ones.
skoolmunkee at 6:06AM, Jan. 20, 2006
(online)
mike z.
I don't have a fetish, unless buttered bagels at breakfast is a fetish.

That depends on what you are doing with them.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
SpANG at 8:00AM, Jan. 20, 2006
(online)
Phantom_Penguin
ozoneocean
Phantom_Penguin
ITS A DEAD FUCKING BODY.
Yeah… why is the sky blue? Because it is. Why is water wet? Because it is…
That's not very helpful. We know it's horrible, but what intelectual arguments can you put to people who don't think in those terms?

People who don't think “in those terms” don't need a talking to. They need to get hit upside the head with something hard.

good intelectual argument. :smt023

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
Aurora Moon at 8:11AM, Jan. 20, 2006
(offline)
mike z.
I don't have a fetish, unless buttered bagels at breakfast is a fetish.

what, you don't have anything for women? like find a certain part of them sexy? nothing for men?

then I would say you're proably the first asexual man I've met. ;-)
SpANG at 8:51AM, Jan. 20, 2006
(online)
A fetish is something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification. You can still be attracted to women/men without having a fetish. :wink:

isukun at 9:09AM, Jan. 20, 2006
(online)
The main entry on dictionary.com:

an object or bodily part whose real or fantasized presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression

It says nothing about the body part needing to be sexual. In fact, many people do have fixations on body parts that are considered sexual and their fixations are still referred to as fetishes.

SpANG at 10:01AM, Jan. 20, 2006
(online)
It doesn't even have to be a part of the body at all, which is the definition I used in my post.

Example: shoe fettish

isukun at 8:14PM, Jan. 20, 2006
(online)
I never said a fetish couldn't involve objects or things other than anatomy. Your previous post did suggest that a fetish could not involve sexual organs, though. Dictionary.com often lists many definitions for a particular word, but it doesn't always sort them so that the common definition is first. In the case of “fetish”, the main definition comes up third in the list.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved