Random Discussion

She painted this when she was 8 YEARS OLD! holy crap o_o
lastcall at 6:36PM, March 16, 2008
(offline)
lba
That does sound a bit long for the level of skill you see in the images. It sounds like her big talent is having an ultra long attention span, not necessarily amazing painting skills.

Going back over her images, she needs to open an anatomy book. The proportions are off in a number of them and the features are all cherubic. while the childlike features can be dismissed as a stylistic thing, the proportions are another issue. Not to say that she isn't talented, but she still could improve a lot and I'm beginning to get the impression that a good part of this image of a prodigy is being cultivated and created by someone.

As someone else said, 200+ hours is long enough for anyone with the basics of artistic talent to create something good looking. I can say from experience that an older, more experienced artist would not need that much time to create a portrait of Jesus.

As for the child star thing, I can't think of too many child stars who retain their stardom long after high school. Especially having been taken out of school like she was.

That pretty much sums up what I was thinking as well.

I like the colors she uses, but…man, I swear I've seen that jesus picture before. I can't place where, though. …I would be interested to see her paint, like a tutorial video of some sort. It would be interesting to watch. What kinds of paint does she use? Oil? Acrylic? Does she stretch her own canvas? What kind of music does she listen to while painting, if anything? Stuff like that. I think if they had a video like that geared for kids, it might inspire them to get into art as well.

…Also, thank you to whoever moved this out of General discussion.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Kohdok at 8:31AM, March 17, 2008
(online)
lba
As someone else said, 200+ hours is long enough for anyone with the basics of artistic talent to create something good looking. I can say from experience that an older, more experienced artist would not need that much time to create a portrait of Jesus.

I dunno. Michaelangelo took 3 years to do David…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Marguati at 10:45AM, March 17, 2008
(offline)
I think the girl is somehow astoundingly gifted, providing she really made them. As for originality… she's 13, for god's sake! It's hard to find true originality in most of modern painters, let alone a thirteen-years-old girl, the “child prodigy” thing being a minor factor here. I mean… have you seen early Picasso's or Pazienza's works?

>>I can say from experience that an older, more experienced artist would not need
>>that much time to create a portrait of Jesus.

maybe because he'd be, like… more experienced?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
mishi_hime at 12:26PM, March 17, 2008
(online)
Aussie_kid
Wonder if it's natural, excessive practice brought on by pushy parents or a really good teacher

well, her parents prolly have a lot to do with it.
Canvas that size is not easy to come buy, art supplies cost money.
Some parents seem to think that art is a waste of time her's must be just the opposite.

Also, there is no originality everything's been done before. As she grows her style will prolly grow and change as she does.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:03PM
kyupol at 12:59PM, March 17, 2008
(online)
she must be a reincarnated soul who learned how to paint in a past life.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Marguati at 2:14PM, March 17, 2008
(offline)
kyupol

or, probably, not
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
lastcall at 5:20PM, March 17, 2008
(offline)
Marguati
kyupol

or, probably, not

Depends on what you believe, really. Hell, one of my old art professors used to think I was a warrior in my past life because all of my paintings had splattered blood all over them. I think I just watched way too much Xena. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
kyupol at 5:35PM, March 17, 2008
(online)
lastcall
Marguati
kyupol

or, probably, not

Depends on what you believe, really. Hell, one of my old art professors used to think I was a warrior in my past life because all of my paintings had splattered blood all over them. I think I just watched way too much Xena. lol!

you never know…

Who knows. You might have been an alien warrior. :)
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lastcall at 6:16PM, March 17, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
Who knows. You might have been an alien warrior. :)

That'd be cool. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Eirikr at 10:00PM, March 18, 2008
(online)
Kohdok
lba

David is a 15 or so foot Marble Statue, formed entirely from observation of the perfect human body and Michelangelo's imagination. Her painting belongs in a church's basement. It's certainly well painted, it's just…empty. All technical skill, no feeling.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
Kohdok at 11:30PM, March 18, 2008
(online)
Eirikr
Kohdok
lba

David is a 15 or so foot Marble Statue, formed entirely from observation of the perfect human body and Michelangelo's imagination. Her painting belongs in a church's basement. It's certainly well painted, it's just…empty. All technical skill, no feeling.

Okay, if each artist took 10 hours each day to work, this girl would need 20 days. Michaelangelo took 1095 days, which is 10950 hours. Michaelangelo, considered a genius, took over 50X the amount of time to make David than this girl took to make her paintings. Even if you took into account the fact that it's marble, you can also add the many sleepless nights Michaelangelo spent on it to see how much time he spent on it.

I just thought the “Greater artists would need less time” quip kinda humorous. Sure, they might get speedier, but it still takes a lot of time to make something excellent, no matter how good you are.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
Exzachly at 3:10AM, March 19, 2008
(online)
"An internationally recognized 13-year-old
prodigy, considered the only known child
binary genius, in both realist painting and poetry."

lulz.

No but seriously, her paintings are very good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved