Media Megaforum

Shows Meeting the Chopping Board This Fall
Walrus at 3:00PM, May 30, 2009
(online)
(FOX)

While shows Fox series premieres like Brothers, Human Target, Past Life, Sons of Tucson, and The Family Guy spin-off, The Cleveland Show are scheduled to begin this fall, many are being canceled as well. Here is the list as of May 21st.

Source: tvseriesfinale.com

1. King of the Hill (no!)
has been cancelled but, because FOX still has some leftover episodes, the network has indicated there are plans to air a few next season.

2. Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?
The Jeff Foxworthy-hosted game show pits the knowledge of adults against precocious pre-teens. The show is set to return with new episodes in late June but that’s supposed to be the end of the show’s run. For those who enjoy the series, a syndicated version will begin airing in September on MyNetworkTV.

3. Do Not Disturb
A sitcom based in a posh New York City hotel. With bad reviews and few viewers, FOX pulled the plug after three installments aired. Three episodes, including the pilot, were never aired.

4. Don’t Forget the Lyrics!
This sing-a-long game show is hosted by the always-energetic Wayne Brady. It returns to the FOX schedule for the Summer months but they aren’t making any more episodes.

5. Hole in the Wall
A strange game show in which contestants try to quickly contort their bodies to match the cutouts in a rapidly moving wall. There were 26 episodes produced and, to date 18 of them have aired. They may air at some point but there won’t be any more produced.

6. MADtv
The fourth network’s answer to Saturday Night Live lasted 14 seasons before FOX pulled the plug. Producers want to find another home for the series but thus far, they don’t appear to have been successful.

7. Osbournes: Reloaded
This strange reality show revolves around the crazy Osbourne family interacting with audience members and outrageous acts to create crazy stunts and comedy. Based on the poor performance of its March 31st preview episode, FOX has cancelled it. Five additional episodes were shot. They may see the light of day at some point but no others will be made.

8. Prison Break
The network says that Michael Scofield and frenimies can finally stop running. The prison drama is ending after four seasons. A two-hour follow-up movie has made and is coming to DVD in July. FOX may or may not air it as well.

9. Secret Millionaire
A reality show in which millionaires go undercover in depressed areas and end up awarding money to people in need. The network has said there’s a chance that it may be revived someday but, for now, it’s dead.

10. Sit Down, Shut Up (thank god)
From creator Mitch Hurwitz, this animated series reunites several Arrested Development castmembers. Unfortunately, the series wasn’t beloved by viewers or critics as much. Four episodes have aired, leaving nine on the shelf. Again, they may air but there won’t be any new ones made.

11. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
This sci-fi action series lasted just 31 episodes before having its plug pulled. Though you’d think that there’d be a big audience for a small-screen version of the Terminator franchise, not many viewers tuned in.

NBC

America's Toughest Jobs
American Gladiators
The Baby Borrowers
Celebrity Circus
Celebrity Family Feud
The Chopping Block
Crusoe
ER
Fear Itself
Kath & Kim
Kings
Knight Rider
Last Comic Standing
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Life
Lipstick Jungle
Medium
Momma's Boys
Most Outrageous Moments
My Name Is Earl
My Own Worst Enemy
Nashville Star
The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

COMEDY CENTRAL

Chocolate News
Mind of Mencia

SCI-FI

Battlestar Galactica
Charlie Jade
Stargate Atlantis

TBS

Frank TV

ABC

According to Jim
Boston Legal
Dirty Sexy Money
Eli Stone
Homeland Security USA
In the Motherhood
Life on Mars
Opportunity Knocks
Pushing Daisies
Samantha Who?
Surviving Suburbia
The Unusuals

CBS

Eleventh Hour
The Ex List
Harper's Island
Swingtown
The Unit
Without a Trace
Worst Week

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
PIT_FACE at 5:20PM, May 30, 2009
(online)
just gimme the next season of Metalocalypse and we'll be FINE….

though i would like to catch up with My Name is Earl before it goes caput,wondering how the last episodes of king of hill are gonna be too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Hawk at 5:31PM, May 30, 2009
(online)
Thanks for this news. Many of these I'm happy to see go. Some of them came as a surprise. Some of them I'm rather upset about. I would loved to have seen more King of the Hill. And even though My Name Is Earl wasn't quite as good and fresh as its first season, it still kept me pretty entertained.

I'm glad to see ER ended. I never watched it, but I got tired of the commercials. They acted like EVERY episode would redefine television and be the defining moment of your lifetime.

I'm also glad to see Leno go. Though he's given me a few laughs in the past, he mostly sticks the to cheap, easy jokes. How hard is it to make fun of whatever sports team is currently losing? And he seems a little stuck up. Not like Conan. I'm excited to see Conan move up and hour.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
fern at 10:02PM, May 30, 2009
(online)
Hey! Sit Down, Shut Up had limitless possibilities!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
BffSatan at 10:41PM, May 30, 2009
(online)
Walrus
Life
Medium
My Name Is Earl
Eli Stone
Disapointed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
TheMidge28 at 10:57PM, May 30, 2009
(online)
Shows I wished were not being dropped:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: The show was actually getting good and now there are all these unanswered questions!!! I hope Sci Fi or some other cable station picks it up and keep it in production.

Fear Itself: This horror anthology wasn't bad and with different directors each week taking a different tale it was always interesting. Not the usual tv fare, which is why they cut it.

Kath & Kim: This was a hilarious show! Thursday nights I would watch The Office and Kath and Kim! Set in Florida and having family there the jokes were right on.

Kings: What a disappointment, cut after 4 episodes. I was looking forward to this retelling of the story of David

Pushing Daisies: Quirky, fun and different. Three things America hates. Iloved this show from the first episode.

Harper's Island: A Horror Slasher tv series! Love it! And I can not believe the stuff some shows get away with now a days on tv. some of the gore in this show is top notch.

Just to note…
Late Night isn't cancelled, it just has a new host, as does The Tonight Show.

And Hawk, I'm afraid Jay Leno isn't going away, last I heard he was getting a show of his own 5 days a week in the 10 o'clock slot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
ozoneocean at 12:13AM, May 31, 2009
(online)
TheMidge28
Kath & Kim: This was a hilarious show! Thursday nights I would watch The Office and Kath and Kim! Set in Florida and having family there the jokes were right on.
WHAT? o_O

They made an American version of Kath and Kim??? o_O

is nothing sacred…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
BffSatan at 12:56AM, May 31, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
TheMidge28
WHAT? o_O

They made an American version of Kath and Kim??? o_O

is nothing sacred…
They did, and they showed it for a very brief time on channel seven before axeing it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ozoneocean at 1:06AM, May 31, 2009
(online)
Fuck.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
ParkerFarker at 9:38AM, May 31, 2009
(online)
TheMidge28
Pushing Daisies: Quirky, fun and different. Three things America hates. Iloved this show from the first episode.

That was great show, I heard they are telling the end of it in a comic book, even though I make my own comics and this is a comic website, I would much rather see Pushing Daisies on TV.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
ccs1989 at 10:27AM, May 31, 2009
(online)
Walrus
The Chopping Block

Heh, irony.

Mind of Mencia

THANK GOD.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Air Raid Robertson at 11:46AM, May 31, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Fuck.

Yeah, the American version of Kath and KIm was, in my opinion, spine numbingly awful. I looked up a couple of episodes of the original version and found them to be a lot better.

Not many foreign TV shows can translate to American renditions in the same way that The Office has.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
TheMidge28 at 4:38PM, May 31, 2009
(online)
never saw the original Kath and Kim same with The Office.
Maybe it would soil my view of the American versions, kind of like the book is always better than the movie.
korosu at 1:17PM, June 2, 2009
(online)
The only show on this list I personally cared for was Pushing Daisies. I absolutely LOVED it, and was angry when I first heard it was getting pulled. It's such a fun and quirky show, and it's received several awards…I just don't understand it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
TheMidge28 at 3:56PM, June 2, 2009
(online)
korosu
The only show on this list I personally cared for was Pushing Daisies. I absolutely LOVED it, and was angry when I first heard it was getting pulled. It's such a fun and quirky show, and it's received several awards…I just don't understand it.

totally agree! but like original shows the majority of American viewing choose less original content. They go with what they know. I guess the idea of someone bringing the dead to life is too foreign. BTW, they started playing some more shows which hadn't been broadcast. There was a new one on Saturday night at 10:00… plopped in a slot that won't be found because I don't think TV viewing is high on a Saturday night at ten and no word that they were in any advertisement. I think they are planning to play the rest til its done.

@ ParkerFarker, I heard that about the comic. Its not going to be same. They can't capture the same “magic” as the show with all the direction, music and acting in the comic. And if they do I would be the first to buy it… after finding out the comic is just as good. :)
lastcall at 6:22PM, June 2, 2009
(offline)
Walrus
SCI-FI

Battlestar Galactica
Stargate Atlantis

Those two shows aired their respective series finales last year. There's no show to cancel; they've already ended. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Walrus at 5:42AM, June 3, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
TheMidge28

That was great show, I heard they are telling the end of it in a comic book, even though I make my own comics and this is a comic website, I would much rather see Pushing Daisies on TV.

I heard they planned on making a movie.

Hakoshen at 7:00AM, June 3, 2009
(offline)
PIT_FACE
just gimme the next season of Metalocalypse and we'll be FINE….

You know how in that one episode they proved society would collapse if Dethklok stopped performing? I think that's pretty accurate.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
ParkerFarker at 3:47PM, June 3, 2009
(online)
Walrus
ParkerFarker
TheMidge28

I would love that if it happened. Where'd you here it from?

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Dark Pascual at 6:13PM, June 3, 2009
(online)
Sarah Connor Chronicles? NOOOOOOO!!!! Where I will get my Summer Glau dosis?

Pushing Daisies? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!

Man, I haven't felt so down since they cancelled The Middle Man…and Carnivale…and Firefly…and Farscape…

I need to lay down…

At least Dexter and The Big Bang Theory were renewed…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Product Placement at 6:53PM, June 3, 2009
(online)
Another show to be axed.

CW just canceled Reaper. NOOOOOOO! You bastards!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
TheMidge28 at 4:33AM, June 4, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Another show to be axed.

CW just canceled Reaper. NOOOOOOO! You bastards!

WHAT!?
Shut your lying whore mouth!
Say it ain't so!
Product Placement at 12:15PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
They're trying to get another network to pick it up but CW has cut all funding. No conclusion give or anything. Show just stopped dead in its track after 13th episode of 2nd season.

If you've seen the 13th episode of 2nd season then you'll understand that I'm not pleased by this.

Not pleased at all.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Walrus at 6:21PM, June 4, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Walrus
ParkerFarker
TheMidge28

I would love that if it happened. Where'd you here it from?

From an interview with the series creator.

Product Placement
CW has cut all funding.

They had money in the first place?

cirienphoenix at 9:37PM, June 5, 2009
(offline)
I don't know if it makes me a lamer, or makes me feel better that I don't watch a single one of those shows. :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:42AM
Walrus at 5:38PM, June 8, 2009
(online)
cirienphoenix
I don't know if it makes me a lamer, or makes me feel better that I don't watch a single one of those shows. :P

That's mostly why these shows were canceled, not enough viewers. Plus they were too expensive/weren't bringing money in and the station had to get rid of something to stay alive in this terrible economy.

GracehFaceh at 5:30PM, June 11, 2009
(online)
I saw Late Night with Conan O'Brien on the list and my heart stopped for a minute. Then I remembered he took over the Tonight show, haha! I'm gonna miss My Name is Earl, but I'm not surprised it's getting the boot. It's been pretty monotonous lately.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved