Comic Talk and General Discussion *

rokulily at 1:49PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
For those not familiar with this game, I will be using Product Placement’s summary. Drunk Duck Mafia, features wholesome carnage, where its members play the roles of villagers in Townston, currently being under attack by an outside threat. In a standard game the threat takes the form of a sinister Mafia, but in this game the outside threat will be monster teams. C’mon, you know you want to play…

As Halloween approaches the gates between realms weaken and monsters return… Here at Townston it is no different and the Vampires, Zombies, and Werewolves we sent to the grave in the Monster Mash have returned! With AVENGENCE! The first thing they did was to lure the old Van Helsing Senor out by killing the town government the off’ed the old hero in a most dubious trap! The new Van Helsing, swearing revenge, traveled to Townston but will he be able to save the town? Can you?
Each night, the monster will attack the town and turn some of them into monsters as well. Those who are turned, will also gain the ability to turn others as well. The town will try to fight the exponentially growing monster population but at the same time, the monsters will be fighting each other. If a monster attacks another monster of a different kind, they will fight to the death (death will be determined by chart below, unless the attacking monster double teams with another of same type.)

Roles and goals.

Townies!

Their goals.

The goal of the town will be to destroy all three monster races. Since they will be fighting an uphill battle from the start, they will have two arsenals to use.

Each night (apart from the first), the mayor will organize a lynch mob and go after a specific player. If the mayor is ever killed, the town will lose their lynch ability.

Working independently or with the town, Van Helsing and his team of hunters will strike from the darkness with hopes to kill the monsters menace.

The Roles
Mayor (1)
Pardoner (1)
Bodyguards (2)
Van Helsing: (1)
Monster Hunters: (up to 2)
Scary movie fans: (2)
Townie: (the rest of the players)

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people. (The mayor must notify the GM during the night phase or early during the the day phase so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could tell you who's a monster at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be two single lynches, one double lynch, half of a double and one single or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. Pardoner shares the protection from the Bodyguards.

Bodyguard
Two random townies will receive the role of bodyguards, once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards cannot be monsters or special roles, they can only be regular townies. As long as the bodyguards are alive, they'll protect the Mayor and Pardoner from being killed. Normally the Mayor gets to know who the bodyguards are but in this game it will be kept a secret. When a bodyguard is turned by a monster, the town will be informed via narration.

Van Helsing
The famous monster hunter has arrived to this town. He will function as a mixture of the vigilante and the detective. During each day and night cycle, he's allowed to do one of the following:
I sense a taint of evil!: Van Helsing can check upon a player and determine if he's a monster or not. He can only do this 2 times. Note. This power can also identify the monster leaders.
Who dun it?:If a clue is left behind, Van Helsing can ask the GM if a specific someone was behind the attack.
Tonight we hunt: Wan Helsing can spend his night action hunting someone who he believes to be a monster and slay him. A clue is left behind after every kill. Note. Can only be used during night.
Help Wanted!: During the night, Van Helsing is allowed to recruit someone to become a monster hunter. He can only use this power twice. Can only be used at night.
Note: Only those who are not monsters can become a hunter. He can only recruit two times and if he tries to recruit a monster, the attempt is considered spent and wasted. In those situations he will kill the target instead. Also he is unable to recruit someone in an elected position.
Special: Van Helsing knows how to defend himself against monsters and will survive any attack made by an underling. He is however defenseless against an attack from one of the three monsters leader. Van Helsing is allowed to pick a defense against one of the three monster types to render himself immune to attacks from one of the leaders. If Van Helsing is successfully attacked he will die, however if the leader tries to recruit him Van Helsing will survive as long as one of his monster hunters are alive.

Monster hunters
Monster Hunters are recruited by Van Helsing. He's allowed to recruit up to two players that he trusts (can only recruit once per night). Every night, the hunters can target and kill someone who they suspect are monsters. A clue is left behind after every kill. A monster hunter can't be turned and will die if attacked. The monster hunters are not as experienced as Van Helsing and thus can't kill the monster leaders.

Scary movie fan
Night of the living dead, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, An American Werewolf in London. These guys have seen them all and many more. They know what to do if one is to encounter these types of beasts. Every night they're allowed to either protect themselves or someone else for the night. If a monster attacks someone who's protected, he will survive the attempt and a clue will be left behind, pointing at the attacker. If more than one monster attacks a person that's being protected, only the first attack is canceled.

Special
All the villagers (including all the special roles) will get to choose a defense against one of the monsters types at the beginning of the game. These are: A hunk of Garlic (against vampires), silver pendant (for werewolves) or a insta-light torch (to scare away zombies).
Example: If a Vampire attacks a player with a hunk of garlic, the Vampire will run away and the player is not turned for the night. A clue will be left behind which can tell us who the monster is. The player is still vulnerable from attacks of the other two monster types. Once a defense has been picked, the player can't change it again.

Rule Update:
New Rule
Once a player turns into a monster his defensive item is turned into a offensive weapon and is required to kill monsters of that type. Here's how the combat system will work.

Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = both die.

Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = Wolf survives, Vampire dies.

Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs Wolf (with Zombie defense) = both survive.

1 Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs 2 Wolfs (both with Zombie defense) = 1 Wolf dies, 1 Wolf + Vampire survives

1 Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs 2 Wolfs (1 with Zombie defense and 1 with Vampire defense (or both with Vampire defense)) = 1 Wolf survives, 1 Wolf + Vampire dies

1 Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs 2 Wolfs (1 with Zombie defense and 1 with Vampire defense (or both with Vampire defense)) = Vampire dies, both Wolfs survive)

1 Vampire (with Zombie defense) vs 2 Wolfs (both with Zombie defense) = All survive

Monster Leaders can't be killed using this tactic. They also don't require these items to kill other monster minions. Only opposing Monster Leaders, Van Helsing or lynches can kill Monster Leaders.

Monsters!

Their goals.

Each of the monster races are fighting for supreme control of the town. If two of the monster races are dead and the town is no longer able to defeat the third one, the remaining monster race will win. They are able to either turn or attack. If one monster tries to turn another monster they will fail, neither monster will die but the roles will be revealed to each individual monster.

The roles.
The Nosferatu = vampire leader(1)
The Alfa male = werewolf leader(1)
The Ghoul = zombie leader(1)

All three monster leaders have these powers.

I wasn't turned yesterday: The monster leaders are stronger then their minions. If a monster leader attacks another monster or is attacked by one, he will survive while the other monster will die. He will not be named in the progress but a clue, that might reveal his identity will be left behind. A monster leader can only be killed via lynch, by Van Helsing or another Monster leader who attacks him.
Welcome to our fold: The monster leader can turn mortals to one of their own. Each night they can target a victim and attempt to turn him. Once that player is turned he will stay on that side until he's killed. Minions also gain the power to turn others as well. If a minion tries to turn another monster, they will initiate a fight to the death (see monster defense rule for more details).
If the leader goes we all go!: The lives of the minions are sustained by the magics of their sires. Should the leader of any of the monster races die, all of his underlings will die with him/her.Vampire (with Wolf defense) vs Wolf (with Vampire defense) = both die.
—————————————————————————————–
This game will run at a 48 hour cycle. Each day or night will take 24 hours in real time. Day-/Night-breaks occurs at 24:00 GMT. During those times, a narration will be posted by the GM, explaining what's transpired.

For those unfamiliar with the GMT system, I offer you a conversion table for you to study.

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Schedule: I'll stop accepting all actions/votes after 7:00PM eastern time and narratives will be givin out shortly after.

Narratives will be based off avi's, sig's, profiles, comic icons, comic names and the first five pages of comics.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them.

We're looking for minimum of 20 people. More are welcome to join
1. crocty the Usual Suspect.
2. D_Dude
3. hakoshen the spartan
4. Waff-Man
5. kitty17
6. Product Placement the game master
7. gullas the Impaler.
8. Harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing.
9. Niccea the Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records.
10. Randomdudeperson
11. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths
12. seventy2
13. Exzachly
14. Salsa the luckless
15. Anthony Mercer
16. GarBonzo Bean
17. killerbob
18. Retaya
19. therealtj
20. Aghammer
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
crocty at 1:58PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(offline)
Sign me up~
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
D_Dude at 2:01PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
Me too
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Hakoshen at 2:10PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(offline)
YEAH! Count me in. Maybe. I'll let you know.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
waff at 2:12PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
I'm in dood.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
kitty17 at 2:43PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(offline)
I'm in.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Product Placement at 3:17PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
I've always wanted to play this theme so here I am.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
gullas at 3:41PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(offline)
I'm game ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
harkovast at 3:52PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
Oh man, I loved the first monster mash, cool to see it back!

Time to spooookily sign up!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Niccea at 4:25PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(offline)
Ok. Has there ever been a game that I was never in? No. Will I ever miss a game? Maybe not.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Randomdudeperson at 5:43PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
I'm in. Oh, and there was talk about giving Hark a new title? Something to do with crazy and cats? How about Trisha cat from Alice in Wonderland? Or however you spell it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Niccea at 5:46PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(offline)
Cheshire
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:44PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
I'm glad my idea is having another run at the time period it was for :D

Sign me up my good woman.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
seventy2 at 7:50PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
I'm in, i wanna be NOS-4A-2
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Randomdudeperson at 8:25PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Cheshire

Really? Well, I guess its been a while since I've watched the movie then.

I changed my avi to a pic of myself wearing a guily suit. I where it sometimes when I go airsofting with my friends, earning the nickname of “Bush monster”. And since we're playing a monster based game, I felt like using this pic. I seem to remember someone talking about a guily suit, and I had said I had a pic of me wearing one and that I'd post it sometime. 0.o Don't remember much, but I'm posting it now! lol
Exzachly at 9:12PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
Guess what everybody, I'm back in. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:31PM, Oct. 28, 2009
(online)
I changed my avi to a more…badass version of me? I wanted one where I did my angry face but I couldn't find one of me after I cut my hair and posting a HS pic of me with freakishly long hair seems…wierd so I dicided this was the secound best.

Salsa at 12:02AM, Oct. 29, 2009
(offline)
I'm in as in an incumbent incubus, intrinsically interleaved in this illustrious incidence of ineptitude. In instigating instances of infernal idiocy, I insinuate that none is indeed my better. Indeed, I intrude in the inklings and idleness in this intrepid town. I have been particularly verbose here and would like to add that I hope to become the Nosferatu as was role in the last play.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Randomdudeperson at 12:02AM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I changed my avi to a more…badass version of me? I wanted one where I did my angry face but I couldn't find one of me after I cut my hair and posting a HS pic of me with freakishly long hair seems…wierd so I dicided this was the secound best.
HAHA!!! Dude, I've never seen you make an angry face before! You're always smiling! It's what makes you, you! Of course, the green hats and the facial hair is also a part of you! :p So what does the shirt say?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:19AM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
Randomdudeperson
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
HAHA!!! Dude, I've never seen you make an angry face before! You're always smiling! It's what makes you, you! Of course, the green hats and the facial hair is also a part of you! :p So what does the shirt say?
I'm always smiling? Yay! Smiling people cure people with cancer around them…YOUR all welcome.

It says, “Don't think twice. You didn't get it the first time you won't get it the secound time.”

Anthony Mercer at 1:32AM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
Sure, I'll play.

I'll be using this avatar from Roku's group picture until 8th November or later, when I'll change it to match the The Symmetrical Breadpazoid strip for that day. (I mentioned my comic! I'm a Hark-in-training! XD)
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
harkovast at 9:30AM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
Chesire cat? Do I look like I'm smiling!
I am one big angry pussy!

I AM HARK- THE FURRY PUSHER!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHA!

*runs off into the night*

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
GarBonzo Bean at 2:41PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(offline)
The vampire banana is in!
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
gullas at 3:24PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(offline)
rokulily
3. hakoshen?

it's “the spartan” :)
rokulily at 3:34PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
gullas
rokulily
3. hakoshen?

yup, i know! It just that he wasn't sure if he could play but thinks he can so he said he would say later.
gullas at 3:56PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(offline)
rokulily
gullas
rokulily
3. hakoshen?

yup, i know! It just that he wasn't sure if he could play but thinks he can so he said he would say later.

sorry, thought you had forgotten his title :P
Ochitsukanai at 4:22PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
Are the hits randomized, or is it a first-come first-serve system?

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
rokulily at 4:27PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
Ochitsukanai
Are the hits randomized, or is it a first-come first-serve system?

the hits are first come i believe.
Ochitsukanai at 4:32PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
In that case I won't be able to play, since I work late most nights, but I'll be watching benevolently. With this format it should be really interesting :D

Incidentally, thanks for the new avatar image. Since my computer was stolen, I lost all my avatars but two! It's really nice to finally be able to switch, ahaha. ^^;

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Randomdudeperson at 7:44PM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
Ochitsukanai
In that case I won't be able to play, since I work late most nights, but I'll be watching benevolently. With this format it should be really interesting :D

Incidentally, thanks for the new avatar image. Since my computer was stolen, I lost all my avatars but two! It's really nice to finally be able to switch, ahaha. ^^;

Ah, its been forever since you've played with us! :( I also love how you don't want to play because you won't be able to send in actions until late. Meaning you automatically ASUME you're going to get a role! lol Oh the vanity! :p

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon