Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Site Issues Over the Past Few Days
Elanor Pam at 5:23AM, Nov. 12, 2010
(online)
Well, I used to click on the “My Controls” link in my comic's footer. I checked just now and it still goes to the old interface. Eventually, my browser memorized the adress and I just took to typing “account” on the adress bar, and it would take me there automatically. I've always used it for page uploading and stuff, so when the time came to tinker a layout, I also went straight to it. XDD

This is weird… I've been using a fossil all along XDD
“Believing in people can save them.” - Oboe (The Violinist of Hameln)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
skoolmunkee at 3:41PM, Nov. 12, 2010
(offline)
Yes, speaking of, I think it's the white and black template which has a link to the “control pannel” in it, which takes you to an old page I think.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Ozoneocean at 7:02AM, Nov. 13, 2010
(online)
Elanor Pam
Well, I used to click on the “My Controls” link in my comic's footer. I checked just now and it still goes to the old interface. Eventually, my browser memorized the adress and I just took to typing “account” on the adress bar, and it would take me there automatically. I've always used it for page uploading and stuff, so when the time came to tinker a layout, I also went straight to it. XDD

skoolmunkee
Yes, speaking of, I think it's the white and black template which has a link to the “control pannel” in it, which takes you to an old page I think.
Well it should still be fixed if it's broken, even if it is old, especially with that old link to it left over in my Black and White templates! Bugger…
I begged them to let me update those YEARS ago when they first started including a header. Years ago :(

On Monday I'll ask if it can be fixed .
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
gnume at 12:08AM, Nov. 22, 2010
(online)
any idea about the API request from the admins/programmers ?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
skoolmunkee at 1:39AM, Nov. 22, 2010
(offline)
There's been no comment since you mentioned it earlier in the thread. I think that unless someone can make a good argument to them they will probably not be interested.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
gnume at 4:53AM, Nov. 23, 2010
(online)
why not ? api can be used for a lot of things
not just the use i asked about.
(btw. why the topic not a sticky anymore ?)
Ozoneocean at 5:18AM, Nov. 23, 2010
(online)
The topic isn't stickied anymore because those issues aren't current any longer and we don't like to have too many stickies hogging the top spot in the forum.

Personally, I think that API stuff would be fricken marvellous! People could build whatever applications they like for others to access info from DD, it'd be groovy!
But I think the programmers are just too busy working on the timeline of things they have going on at the moment. -a million and one things on the list to do where other things keep being added to it…
gnume at 6:50AM, Nov. 23, 2010
(online)
can they show us the list ?
Ozoneocean at 8:25AM, Nov. 23, 2010
(online)
No.

I've asked again about it. The Wowio guys are really great about this stuff, they DO want to help out and they DO want to make sure everything is working, but sometimes there's just way too much going on and things fall between the cracks.
skoolmunkee at 8:30AM, Nov. 23, 2010
(offline)
Well, I got the impression that the people coordinating this stuff (non-programmers) don't really understand what an API is or what it can do. I know I don't. :] So asking for one is just asking for something they don't know about and probably aren't willing to take the time to investigate right now. And if the people asking for one aren't willing to take the time to explain it a bit or make arguments for it or give examples of what it could do, that kind of validates the idea that it isn't worth looking into.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Red Slayer at 7:16PM, Nov. 23, 2010
(online)
Elanor Pam
The rare templasaurus.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
dragonrider at 5:00PM, Nov. 25, 2010
(online)
Hey I've griped enough when I didn't like something so thought the other side of the coin was due. The new look on the front page is super, easy on the eyes, looks good and an improvement. Thanx
Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. Because, YOU are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Randal at 10:59PM, Nov. 28, 2010
(offline)
Are these talking ads meant to go off without my clicking on them? I don't even have to mouse over it, it just starts up and the only way to stop it is to mute my computer. Please let this be a mistake in programming and not a mistake in management.

When I go to a physical store and the sales staff stalks me and shoves their pitch down my throat, I walk out of the store and go to their competitor. I don't always click on advertiser links, but I can tell you that I go out of my way to never click on ones that force themselves on me.

Please don't make me have to turn the sound off on my computer simply so I can browse this site. Not only is it annoying, but it slows down my computer when I'm using DD.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
skoolmunkee at 11:42PM, Nov. 28, 2010
(offline)
The noisy ads have been reported in the help and bug forums, and I've sent an email to wowio about them. Unfortunately it was right before, or the first day of, the holidays so I don't think they've done anything about it. I'll bug them about it again today and let them know the problem has worsened, as now it seems you can't even mute the ads.

It's probably a case of what happens with all ad networks… someone down the pipe lets something squirrely in, and then the subscribers have to try and remove it themselves. I believe this is a new ad network so they might have different internal standards. :/
IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon