Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Small Press Idol 2010
AIPman1 at 10:41AM, Jan. 6, 2010
(online)
Small Press Idol 2010

We’re starting up this year’s Small Press Idol…and wanted to invite you to the grand unveiling of this year’s Guidelines, at the brand new Idol URL. That's right, the contest has finally moved into it's own website. At this time, individuals and teams have just about a month till we start posting projects. Round 1 will last till March 22nd. It’s a solid window to get a project together and qualified for Round 2 past our judge panel. If you are interested in being a contestant, this is fair warning to get a project going! Check out this year's guidelines and pre-register now! We continue to work with Haven Distribution to bring the Idol contest to the retail store level. This year: All comic pages will be in Full Color for the first time!

Just want to watch the show? That’s great! Now is time to sign up at the site so you can VOTE in the rounds to come, and post comments about your favorites! We’re expecting hundreds of contestants this year. It should be a lot of fun!

http://www.smallpressidol.com/2010/start.htm

Hope this message reaches you in the spirit it was intended, you are welcome to ask questions, and otherwise make sure this is for real. This is the Seventh year for the SPI. Last year’s contest pages are still online. So that’s what this is about, hope it interests you!

- Ian Shires
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
HippieVan at 2:00PM, Jan. 6, 2010
(online)
You should probably explain what Small Press Idol actually is. At this point all i can really tell is that it's a contest that has something to do with comics.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:07PM, Jan. 6, 2010
(offline)
Yeah, I'm clueless too.

@_@…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
robbiedakid at 11:24AM, Feb. 11, 2010
(offline)
Small Press Idol is kind of like American Idol for comics. Indy creators can submit their comic and compete to advance to the next round. The group that wins gets a contract to product their comic as well as a nice monetary prize and, new this year, an action figure made of their hero.

My team just cleared Round One and is advancing to Round Two, which will be open to public voting in March. Feel free to come by and check out our title, Cohort, and hopefully you will come back and vote for us to move on to Round Three!

http://www.smallpressidol.com/forum/topicview/misc/round_1_cohort.htm
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
HippieVan at 2:15PM, Feb. 11, 2010
(online)
robbiedakid
Small Press Idol is kind of like American Idol for comics. Indy creators can submit their comic and compete to advance to the next round. The group that wins gets a contract to product their comic as well as a nice monetary prize and, new this year, an action figure made of their hero.

My team just cleared Round One and is advancing to Round Two, which will be open to public voting in March. Feel free to come by and check out our title, Cohort, and hopefully you will come back and vote for us to move on to Round Three!

http://www.smallpressidol.com/forum/topicview/misc/round_1_cohort.htm

Thanks for the info!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon