Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Smashing through a tall building
ComoToon at 6:28PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(online)
I'm wondering what would be the best way to show to people smashing through a tall building. I'm thinking of a far out wide shot showing the people,the glass, and the building in a black silhouette against a white background, but I don't know if that's interesting enough. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:44AM
ozoneocean at 8:00PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(online)

That's what I was thinking off…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Skullbie at 8:22PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(online)
There's films that have lots of building smashing, maybe pause the scene and sketch it out?

I think spiderman has a few

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
skoolmunkee at 2:49AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
That depends on what your focus is going to be. Is it on the building or the movement/power?

If it's on the building (reactions of people inside, etc) then make the building big in the panel, like ozone has got.

If it's on the movement/action and you're trying to show the power, you probably want a distant shot of the building that will somehow show the overall path the flying body is taking. Add in lots of things that reinforce the movement like broken glass (which follow the lines of action) etc.

You can also change things up a bit and use foreshortening… for example if the person went through the building all the way to the other side, put them very near the ‘camera’ and the building far back, to show distance and destruction. That kind of thing is harder to pull off though because you have to use background etc to describe the person's path from the ‘back’ of the image to the ‘front’
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
NickGuy at 6:23PM, Nov. 28, 2008
(online)
ComoToon
I'm wondering what would be the best way to show to people smashing through a tall building. I'm thinking of a far out wide shot showing the people,the glass, and the building in a black silhouette against a white background, but I don't know if that's interesting enough. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better way.

this question utterly confounds me. what the hell are you talking about, tall building? are you planning on showing the whole building in the shot? in which case, you only need to show the person as a small dot. If its a close up, it really doesnt matter how tall the building is.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved