Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Sneezing!
Ozoneocean at 10:56PM, May 11, 2011
(online)
Are you an atomic sneezer? A delicate, dainty sneezer? A cartoon cliche “Ah-choo!” sneezer? Or do you suppress you sneezes to be nice and quiet?

————-

There's a person in my office that frequently does full-body atomic sneezes that could blow a hole in a concrete bunker >_<
There's another one that does little delicate mouse sneezes.

-Personally I either suppress my sneezes or if I let them out I keep them controlled and dignified.

There's urban myths about suppressing sneezes that your brain will explode, your eyes will pop out or you'll get an aneurysm. None of that is true of course. And if you already have an aneurysm, you have way more chance of bursting it if you do crazy atomic sneezes than anything else. :)

Sneezes are like any other function- they evolve with the way you prefer to do them. When I was little I got into the atomic sneeze thing, but that just goes silly in the end so I dialled that back.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Chernobog at 11:13PM, May 11, 2011
(offline)
I try to be polite about it and sneeze into my elbow. Unfortunately, my lungs have some fairly potent capacity to them and admittedly, they can be powerful.

Back in my 10th school year, I recall one day where I say at my desk in math class. I was overtaken by the mother of all sneezes from out of nowhere and launched so tempestuously that I and my entire desk fell backwards onto the ground, with myself still stuck in the seated position. Oh yes, everyone got a good laugh. I was too dumbstruck to even feel embarrassed.

"Chernobog, are you all right?“ my teacher asked.

I could only blink and look baffled. ”Er… I'm not sure."
Amazingly, I was not hurt.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Genejoke at 11:18PM, May 11, 2011
(online)
No not an atomic sneezer, they are more like a supernova!

When I reign them in they are still atomic at least.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
BffSatan at 4:25AM, May 12, 2011
(online)
When I sneeze I tend to sneeze in lots of two or three.

I suppress them often. I find pressing my tongue against the roof of my mouth works really well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Product Placement at 5:34AM, May 12, 2011
(online)
I normally allow my sneezes to come at full force because it's such a good sinus clearer. I'm pretty quiet while the sneeze is building up. I don't go all “Ahhh… Aahhh…. Aaaahhhh…” Instead you'll just hear one loud bang when the actual sneeze arrives.

…such a deep and engaging topic, isn't it?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Ozoneocean at 7:39AM, May 12, 2011
(online)
All you atomic sneezers!
You know that sort of thing is mostly mental and not really physically driven don't you? I mean, the sneeze is 100% physical, but the big show and force is simply your mind saying to your bod “Heeey braaah, let's just go with it duder and see what we can get away with this time. Whoooooaaaa!”

Still it can be great fun. …till it gets dangerous. There were times I'd be holding a sharp knife or a hot cup of coffee and the urgent need to sneeze would get me, back when I was in atomic mode, thinking that was the only way…

Or even worse- a mouth FULL of hot coffee! Ever launch steaming hot coffee out your nose? Ughhhhhhhhh!!! >_<
Worse than vomiting out of your nose, and I've done that a few times.

No, I'm with BffSatan- families of sneezes that I keep under control.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
ayesinback at 8:09AM, May 12, 2011
(online)
I work with a woman who's so atomic I jump about a foot out of my chair each time. And two cubes down is one so petite that I think she's perfected the mock sneeze.

I'm middle of the road, almost always ending with a “Choo!” If it's allergy season, I can sneeze about six-eight in a row until my eyes water.

But the worst is when you feel a sneeze coming, building, and then nothing. Where does it go?
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Niccea at 8:43AM, May 12, 2011
(offline)
I really don't know how I sneeze. Pretty middle of the road.

I knew one girl that would sneeze in fits. 10 sneezes in rapid succession and they all sounded like cat sneezes.

My problem is the hiccups. I can't makes those quiet…and they last for hours with me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Anubis at 9:05AM, May 12, 2011
(offline)
I have no idea what I am like. I am too busy sneezing to take notice
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
blindsk at 1:33PM, May 12, 2011
(online)
Is it allergy season for you, too Ozone? ;)

I'd say mine is a bit on the atomic side, however much smaller magnitude than what most people have described so far. It wouldn't be the type to startle anyone, but be more an annoyance if anything.

Never really thought about trying techniques to suppress it though. Usually I'm like Cherno and just sneeze into my elbow if I'm in a public place or working (actually, I recently found out that some workplaces actually force you to sneeze into your elbow).

On a side note, Ozone, you have been through some tough experiences. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Faliat at 1:54PM, May 12, 2011
(offline)
I'm a varied sneezer. I hunch up and make a “JEEESH!” sound some days, then other days I produce an earth splitting “CHAAAAAAH!” that makes me hoarse for a few hours.

It's been pretty sore to do the former recently since I did my nose in and it still won't heal right.

My mum does a funny one, though. To describe the sound best in words, it's “Cheweyeweyewey!”

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
AQua_ng at 2:29PM, May 12, 2011
(offline)

Also sometimes I say ‘sneeze’ while sneezing. It's totally meta and not lame at all.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
gullas at 10:02AM, May 14, 2011
(offline)
atomic sneeze, reporting in…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
darth_paul at 9:39AM, May 16, 2011
(offline)
I'm an atomic sneezer! Loud and proud! LOL!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 9:40PM, May 16, 2011
(offline)
I'd brand myself an atomic sneezer. Simply beacuse I sneezed the other day and managed to make my beanie fall off my head from the velocity of my sneeze.

I try to hold it in most of the time though, because I know what a loud sneezer I am. Each time I go: “aaahhh… AHHHH… AHHH!!!!” and then “GNFFFTTTGG!!!” from holding it, there is a massive pain buildup in my head and I say to myself: “I will never do that again!” And then keep doing it.

Though, I've recently started doing these:

“Ahhh….ahhh!! AHHHH!!! ACHOOOOOOOOO–HOOOLYSHIT that really hurt.”
of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
Ally Haert at 9:14AM, May 17, 2011
(online)
I'm a quiet sneezer. I've mastered the art of etiquitte sneezing - I can sneeze enough to satisfy myself while discreetly turning it into my elbow.

Drawbacks: It's so quiet I hardly ever get a “bless you”.

Pluses: I'm basically a ninja.
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
itsjustaar at 9:05PM, May 20, 2011
(online)
“Heh-eeeaah-ASTCHUUU~!”

I dunno. xD I think I've got a pretty strong sneeze; manly, yet delicate all the same. Those cartoony-ones people do, TV or in real life, are always awkward moments for me. It's hard to look at whenever Sneezy dwarf does it whenever Snow White happens to be airing.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Macattack at 5:02PM, May 26, 2011
(offline)
I have had allergies all my life so I must say I am quite proficient in it. I tend to be an atomic chain sneezer. That's right, not only do I sneeze powerfully enough to knock me off my feet, but once I start it's hard to stop… so far my record is 32 sneezes before blacking out
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon