So... why that name?
Eviltwinpixie at 11:09PM, March 22, 2007
(offline)
Indeed it is.

Indeeeeeeeed it is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Ozoneocean at 11:14PM, March 22, 2007
(online)
No no no you brain numbed deluded fools, Zac has the right of it. We stand for justice and goodness and emo hair!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
Aurora Moon at 12:57PM, March 23, 2007
(offline)
I was an Sailor Moon fan like 10 years ago or something…

At the time, I also ran an Sailor moon-based website that was all about my Sailor Warrior which I made up, called Sailor Aurora…. every time she transformed, she would call out: “Aurora Moon Power, Transform me!”
And not just that, if she wanted to put on an disguse.. like as an Nurse or whatever, she would just have to say: “Aurora Moon Power! Transform me into an super sexy nurse!”

I used Sailor Aurora and Aurora Moon all over the net for that reason…

and it's stuck with me ever snice.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
CorruptComics at 2:45PM, March 23, 2007
(online)
Mine is a yet to be created comic company.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
zaneeba_slave at 3:22PM, March 23, 2007
(online)
My story is strange and bazaar, but all of it is true: Based on my Star Wars Galaxies travels.

See, I started playing SWG more than 3 years ago, with a group of my close friends. I was a human named Baru' Kazad, My friend was a trandotian by the name of Dr' Josh, and my other friend was a rodian…. by the name of Zaneeba. We all were really good at the game (except me who sucked eggs…), But zaneeba grew extremely powerful. So, like any addicted cartoon fanatic, I drew up a comic about our travels called “Star Wars Galaxies”. Zaneeba, in my comic, was an all powerful wizard thing who could easily defeat any foe. He became so powerful in my comic, that not even I could think up how truely powerful he was. And all this power went straight to my friend's head.

After a while, I began to truely understand that zaneeba has become monster, slowly consuming my soul into a black hole of sadness. I quit fighting the power of the monster I created, and became the “zaneeba_slave”.

Now, zaneeba and I have a mutual relationship. I help in his comic, while he helps in mine.
I like to imagine myself as a goblin in a tuxedo. -Zaneeba_slave
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Twin at 6:45PM, March 23, 2007
(offline)
Hm, good question. How DID I get this name…my memory is a little fuzzy, and there are two stories about it.

Story 1: A long time ago, I made a character called ‘Twin’: a mass-murderin', cult-leadin', red-haired-Goku-spiked-evil-eyed bastard. Pretty surprising, since I am and always have been a fairly un-angry person. A few years in the heat of puberty, but yeah. I sorta saw this character that I had made as my opposite: my ‘twin’. Hence the name.
A bit later, I registered an email account as ‘neutraltwin’. Thinking that was too wanky when I signed up to DD (when the character was still in use), I just shaved it down to ‘Twin’.

Story 2: I'm a massive hypocrite, always in two minds, and very indecisive. I'm also an ardent fan of the concept of duality: good, evil, that sort of thing. So I used that to reflect my personality.

HOW INTERESTING, EH?
Spritely - for all your funny needs.
Total Immersion - for all your Pokemon-centric pseudo-romantic story needs.

Something for everyone!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
kitsunekage at 6:56AM, March 24, 2007
(offline)
The name kitsunekage came from a character I played in a naruto rpg forum. I wanted a name that implyed stealth and cleverness. I eventually met a guy that makes m.u.g.e.n. games that wanted to do a comic. He pointed me to this place, so I kept the name he knew me as.
When good people do nothing, the ignoble will rise.
http://www.wevolt.com/Crostons_Method_Comix/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 8:27AM, March 24, 2007
(online)
I see that I'm the only one named after an unusually shaped scar…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
Scialyte at 7:11PM, March 24, 2007
(offline)
Mine's not that interesting. It's the name of my comic, which comes from the word scialytic, which means dispelling of shadows.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Priest_Revan at 8:59PM, March 24, 2007
(offline)
I've actually been through many names, but here's my story:

I started out with the name Matrix… when I found that is was overly used I switched to Anubis, then to Fable.

For a while, all was good… then I remembered KOTOR. I loved the name Darth Revan and I just had to have it… but then I also played Unreal Championship, and I wanted to name myself Priest because it sounded cool. After a wee bit of thinking, I compromised and named myself Priest_Revan (or Pri3stR3van).
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
MagickLorelai at 1:23PM, March 25, 2007
(offline)
Why? Hm. Well, as some know(and others cringe at), “Magick” is a spelling of magic that some New-Agers, particularly of the witch variety, use to term their spellcraft, or rather, the energy that's used for it. It's no big surprise, then, when I say that I'm a Pagan. Formerly Wiccan (which apparently, my web browser things I'm misspelling).

As for Lorelai, it's sort of a misspelling of lorelei, which is(as far as I remember) the name of a siren in a legend. I'm a big fan of sirens, actually, and Lorelai has the same starting letter as my name: Lindsay. So, I created the name “MagickLorelai”, originally as a handle on DeviantArt. I kept it when I moved here, to Drunk Duck.

Looking back, it's kinda silly. ^^; I don't really spell magic with a K anymore. (And for the record? I didn't misspell a bunch of other words to be cool, like others do: Yanno, Wytch, Ravyn, etc. It was just for me to differentiate between stage illusion and the “real Thing”).

And no, I didn't name myself off a character of Gilmore Girls. I don't WATCH Gilmore Girls, and am only aware of this because people've come to me asking about it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Kxela at 1:40PM, March 25, 2007
(online)
Kxela is Alex K backwards :3

i first used it for my Neopets username wayback. LOL
its probably still there…

then i just kept using it cause its never taken
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
jgib99 at 6:25PM, March 25, 2007
(online)
Mine is quite simple really. jgib is short for my name (Joe Gibson). And the 99 is for the first year that I started making webcomics. That first webcomic is nowhere to be found because it absolutely sucked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
Roguehill at 6:30AM, March 26, 2007
(offline)
Man, I loved reading the responses on this thread!

Roguehill was created when I was in a beginning photoshop course and we had an assignment to create a CD cover for a fictional band. I thought and came up with Roguehill off the top of my head. I liked it because it could be a place where bad-guys are buried (like “boot hill”), or (and even better) it could be a hill that just decided to go roming one day. I liked the idea of waking up and there was a hill I'd never seen before, just looking like it had always been there. Strangely enough, that actually happened to me later, but that's another story.
I need to put this in my comic somehow..)

GHOST ZERO
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
FoxmanZEO at 6:04PM, March 26, 2007
(online)
Fox-: I like them, shamelessly, the word alone is like a drug to me. So I figured I'd see what it was like to be high all day.

-man-: Needed something to connect the first and last words, figured it was the one thing gender was good for.

-Zeo: A gaming alias I use. It popped into my head ages ago, and fit into the three letter initial space, while still being complete, and I figured it was completely original.
I later discovered that it's taken everywhere.

Although, nowadays it's about as important to me as my legal name, so I just use it for all my metaspace accounts. Not too bitchy about what people call me, so this policy arose that enabled people to give me whatever handle they wanted to, since I never really remember others for their names anyways.

It's got plenty history though, unfortunately piles of which reside in my earlier internet years, where I was really not myself at all. When I decided to be ‘myself’ more (very recently, actually), it seemed appropriate to keep it and accept the mistakes.

Go experience. C:
'Who must do the hard things?

He who can.'

-Confucius.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
iagojester at 6:33PM, March 27, 2007
(offline)
I am bored at work, so I will play this game because I just read everyone else's and I was amused. You guys are all just messed up. >_< Plus it's a good time to inform you all that I am, in fact, female. People seem to miss that somehow.

My screen name is a meld of IRL and IC. Genius, I know.
Iago happens to be my favorite Shakespearean Villain (not the parrot, DAMN YOU ALL!)
I used the name to play a seemingly 14 year old immortal in a Highlander RPG when I was 12. *hides in shame*

Jester was a nickname given to me by this guy in high school who considered himself the King of our school, so since I amused him I was therefore his jester. …the logic still confounds me. I took it on as a radio tag at Boy Scout Camp (yes, I'm still a girl. Girls can be Boy Scout Camp Leaders, yo!) I think I even wore jester hats in high school. Wow…. the dumb things we do when we're young and stupid…

Now I am all-purpose-cool “Iago Jester” for all hobby-intensive-purposes. My professional ID is usually “alsn,” which is just the shortening of my name. *shifty eyes* So clever!

Well, that efficiently sucked up 10 minutes of my life. Sweet!

~*~Fated Feather~*~
Pirates, art history, and time travel- things could get messy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Jimeth at 6:53PM, March 27, 2007
(online)
Haha, Jimeth just sounds like my real name, James. My actual internet alias is Moosetroop11, and I have NO idea where that came from. XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
celrena at 3:36AM, March 28, 2007
(offline)
Mines really dorky lol. I used to be a major DBZ fan back in the day (That Anime got me really into watching Japanese Anime)and since most Saiyan's Japanese names were translated as vegetables I came up with Celrena because it looks close to Celery … Hmm that was about 7 years ago… Just kind of stuck since then haha

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Locoma at 8:02PM, March 31, 2007
(offline)
Kristen Gudsnuk
Locoma
…although many people remember me as Lacoma, so I now wonder what Lacoma is…

Locoma kinda sounds like glaucoma… hehe… which according to dictionary.com is “abnormally high fluid pressure in the eye, most commonly caused either by blockage of the channel through which aqueous humor drains ”…

hahaha thanks for clearing things up
and now it's time for an image search of glaucoma disease!!
you know you can't help it
oh can you?
can you also avoid pressing THIS button?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 8:33AM, April 2, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
heh
are you gonna kill somebody?
………
*looks side to side shiftily*
n-n-no!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 8:34AM, April 2, 2007
(offline)
Locoma
Kristen Gudsnuk
Locoma
…although many people remember me as Lacoma, so I now wonder what Lacoma is…

Locoma kinda sounds like glaucoma… hehe… which according to dictionary.com is “abnormally high fluid pressure in the eye, most commonly caused either by blockage of the channel through which aqueous humor drains ”…

hahaha thanks for clearing things up
and now it's time for an image search of glaucoma disease!!
you know you can't help it
oh can you?
can you also avoid pressing THIS button?
that cat terrifies me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
worstcase at 3:23PM, April 5, 2007
(online)
Mine is depressing.

My friend was talking about A.D.D. and she said i had the worst case of it she had ever seen.

i don't have A.D.D.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
SeriousQuiche at 7:40PM, April 8, 2007
(offline)
Actually Zac's the reason for my user name.
In eighth grade I made my character Keish(I missed spelling Quiche correctly by a mile X3) and Zac told me I couldn't name her that cause Quiche was a food that you had to take seriously…or something along those lines. And overtime I started spelling it right and it just sort of stuck.

YAY ZAC
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
SeriousQuiche at 7:42PM, April 8, 2007
(offline)
worstcase
Mine is depressing.

My friend was talking about A.D.D. and she said i had the worst case of it she had ever seen.

i don't have A.D.D.
No you don't. I lived with you 24 hrs a day for almost 15 years. You do not, my dear sister, have A.D.D.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Bocaj at 9:48PM, April 8, 2007
(online)
I have dyslexia (a learning disorder commonly associated with reading backwards), and my real name I'll let you guess. My dad wouldn't let me use my real name, so I used this, and I've always liked it because it says nothing about me that can't change.

I have had a lot of nick names given to me from my faimly (my least favorite were Princess Belly Flop(I'm a guy) and Fat Cal.)and my friends (most recently Kitty). My faimly called me Bocaj a little, but ever scince I used it online my friends jumped the band wagon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:30AM
lafhaha at 11:10PM, April 9, 2007
(offline)
Mine is kind of bland…I got the internet for Christmas in 95 and found a chat site called WBS. I was trying to figure out a login name for that and everything i could think of was taken, including okidata, my printer. XD so I tried lafhaha originally as a joke on my hometown, Lafayette…because it was really boring. and it worked! I didn't realize the whole laugh haha thing until later when i was actually thinking about it more. XD I've used the name where ever I go ever since. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Insizwa at 8:48AM, April 10, 2007
(offline)
I got mine froim a school project. We had to research a ship that had sunk or whatever and I got the Waratah which was a passenger liner that went missing without a trace. One of the ships that wasd sent to find it was called the SS Insizwa, I thought it was a neat name and kind of wierd so I picked it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
KLSanchez at 10:44PM, April 15, 2007
(online)
This username's my pen name. Nothing special about that, really…

I do go by another screenname sometimes, though: Zephir, and all variations thereof. Really, I've been about all of them… Zeph… Zephie… PrincessZeph… long story on that one…

I took it from a character from a fanfic I was working on years ago. Said character had gotten it on a variation of Zephyr, as in Zephyr Cape in FF6(j)… this was before me or my brother found out what it meant, or that it was an RHCP song.

My friend calls me by Zeph, never by my real name. =P
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Hijuda at 1:19PM, April 16, 2007
(online)
When I first played Star Wars: KotOR, I needed a name for my character. After searching through the preselected names, I decided to make one myself. ‘Karrak Hijuda’ kind of sounded Star Warsy, so I picked it. I've used Hijuda ever since.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Scorchgofer at 4:28PM, April 16, 2007
(offline)
It was about a year ago, I was 12, and I found out that the word “gopher” sounded kinda cool. I was obsessed over fire since I was, what, 8? So I adopted the nickname Scorch( Unfortunately nobody calls me that D: ). So, I found sprite comics. Megaman: The lost chronicle, than BnG, than I saw an ad for the Ultimate Sprite Comic( Now dead ). I read that, than I drew an odd creature that looked like this: at 11:30 PM and called it “The Scorch Gofer” and accidentally misspelled gopher. I joined the USC forums and Scorchgofer was the first name to come to mind, so it carried over here when I came.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon