Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Some Photoshop help?
Tantz Aerine at 1:23PM, June 22, 2007
(online)
I have this problem which just occured with Photoshop… I make layers over my scanned in image, and somehow the layer does not act independently as it used to up to now, but rather it takes into account whatever there exists underneath it.

I don't recall having changed any setting or anything, and I can't seem to be able to convince it to disregard the layers below it. I can't even colour a blank layer a single colour with the bucket- the colour fills only whatever area is allowed by the pencilling beneath it.

But here's the clincher: any filter- being clouds, or lighting effects or anything, gets applied normally on the entire layer without any constrictions.

So… any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Please please help!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
Tantz Aerine at 1:51PM, June 22, 2007
(online)
I got to the bottom of this with a little clicking around in a frenzy. So whoever ever gets this problem, here is what the problem is (in Photoshop 7.0 at least):

The box ‘All layers’ must be unchecked to keep the layers independent. This shows when the paint bucket is selected.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
reconjsh at 7:10PM, June 22, 2007
(online)
I didn't see this thread or else I would have helped… but yeah that's it. Photoshop can “Sample All Layers” or not based on the user's choice.

Glad you solved it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved