Help, Support and Suggestions

Spangles
Spangles at 2:21AM, Sept. 30, 2009
(online)
I just launched my strip ‘A Dim View’ today and was wondering how the ‘This Just In’ Quick List works. If most comics update at midnight LA time, how do they appear, and in what order? – I was not able to see mine when it updated and thought this might have to do with it being my first entry. I see you need at least two updates before you can find your strip on the Browser.
www.drunkduck.com/A_Dim_View/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
therealtj at 5:23AM, Sept. 30, 2009
(online)
Spangles
I just launched my strip ‘A Dim View’ today and was wondering how the ‘This Just In’ Quick List works. If most comics update at midnight LA time, how do they appear, and in what order? – I was not able to see mine when it updated and thought this might have to do with it being my first entry. I see you need at least two updates before you can find your strip on the Browser.
Well, there are two reasons for not being able to see your comic on the “This Just In” list:
1. So many people updated at the same time that your comic just got pushed back by all them. I'm not sure about LA time, but I know a lot of people use the auto update system, which is set at midnight.

2. There's a bug where it just doesn't show when you update. This happens all the time, and there's not much you can do about it.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Spangles at 3:38AM, Oct. 1, 2009
(online)
Thanks for that… it makes me think it might be best to upload manually at a time when you can see your thumbnail appear.
www.drunkduck.com/A_Dim_View/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved