Media Megaforum

spider man 3 stuff
subcultured at 5:28PM, March 23, 2007
(online)
http://www.spiderman3oncomcast.com/ this is probably the best interactive flash website i've seen in a while.

plus bruce cambell talks about how important his role is in spiderman. worth it :)
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
reconjsh at 11:47PM, March 23, 2007
(online)
DEFINITELY go watch the Bruce Cambell behind the scenes! Bruce is maybe the one famous guy I'd like to meet and have a sit-down chat with the most. Just love the guy…

I love that he “named Spiderman” AND “defeated Spiderman”. Is there anything that perfect chin can't do?

As for the site, that's some serious flash. It's nice seeing a flash site that's not straight out of the cartoonsmart.com bargain basement.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
jalford at 11:54PM, March 24, 2007
(online)
I love you Bruce Campbell. Will you be my boyfriend(heterosexually speaking, of course)?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
reconjsh at 11:10AM, March 25, 2007
(online)
I thought Spiderman 1 and 2 were fantastic… and I think there's a reasonably fair chance that Spiderman 3 will be sweet too.

From what I understand, “Venom” isn't really in the movie much… just black-suit spidey and some Venom towards the end. It's a shame that we won't get to see a full Venom live-action with Rami and this cast… nor a Carnage… which is by and far my favorite Spidey character.

Oh well… we never got to see apocolypse in X-Men either… guess I got to be happy with what I get, eh?
Hawk at 12:56PM, March 25, 2007
(online)
reconjsh
From what I understand, “Venom” isn't really in the movie much… just black-suit spidey and some Venom towards the end. It's a shame that we won't get to see a full Venom live-action with Rami and this cast… nor a Carnage… which is by and far my favorite Spidey character.

I think it's kind of a good thing, because then you can get something more focused on Venom in Spiderman 4. As it is, he'd be sharing the villain spotlight with Harry Osborne and Sandman in 3.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
reconjsh at 2:30PM, March 25, 2007
(online)
Hawk
reconjsh

I think it's kind of a good thing, because then you can get something more focused on Venom in Spiderman 4. As it is, he'd be sharing the villain spotlight with Harry Osborne and Sandman in 3.
Oh, I completely agree… the Goblin II storyline needs to finish since they introduced it. Sandman, meh, never was a fan… but yeah, Venom shouldn't share a spotlight with anyone. He's The Dude.

And… Marvel Studios absolutely confirmed there's going to be a Spidey 4.

Yay!

BUT, Tobey Mcguire indicated there's a good chance he won't be doing Spidey 4 or any more. And though there's more or less a never ending green light for this franchise… without Tobey it's all over in my minds.

I said “this cast” in my first post. I thought Tobey's possible out was common knowledge, my bad.

They could go with Jake Gyllenhaal or someone else, I suppose… I've heard people say he'd be an acceptable replacement. :( But to me, it'd be like Matrix 3 replacing Keanu Reeves with someone else to play Neo. I hate Keanu as much as the next guy… but his acting (or lack of) defined who Neo was on screen. No one else could do it just the same. Tobey is the movie spidey to me… period. He's fantastic.

I really hate inconsistances though. So maybe I'm over-reacting. ;)

Some Links:
http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20060824spiderman4-confirmed
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/03/06/spider-man-4-still-planned-with-or-without-tobey-maguire/
jalford at 2:16AM, March 26, 2007
(online)
They also showed a scene with Dr. Conners(aka: The Lizard)in the last trailer. Notice how they barely even showed Sandman in this last trailer? He was like the only villain in the first one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
kingofsnake at 1:21PM, March 26, 2007
(online)
I heard that about tobey too, and feel exactly the same way. although I heard somewhere else that sam raimi won't do it without the full returning cast, and the franchise it kind of in his hands.

But raimi's also tied to a new Shadow movie, and then I think something else, so it may just be a few years before we see spidey four. I never got the impression that tobey doesn't like doing spiderman, just that he wants to do something else, and with the amount of work he has to do to stay in spidey shape, it's gotta proccupy most of his time.

Basically I'm holding out hope of a full cast spidey 4, just not for another three years or so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:44PM, March 26, 2007
(online)
The final trailer worries me. There's Harry, Sandman… and apparently there's going to be a fight scene with Venom too. This is gonna be a long movie…

Three villains? That's way too much.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
reconjsh at 7:20PM, March 26, 2007
(online)
LIZARD_B1TE
The final trailer worries me. There's Harry, Sandman… and apparently there's going to be a fight scene with Venom too. This is gonna be a long movie…

Three villains? That's way too much.

Perhaps, but they don't need to set up any characterization for spidey and goblin II. So that's 2 of 4 taken care of in terms of time… we already know all about those 2.

Then, from what i understand, they make sandman ben parker's actual killer or something like that… and venom isn't in the movie till the end when he takes over eddie brock… (just black suit spidey for most of it)

so, there's plenty of time to do all that in 2 hours considering 2 of the 4 main characters in this movie don't need any time spend developing their characters and 1 of the 3 uses implied characteriation (sandman).

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved