Media Megaforum

Spiderman 4
MrBlubBlub at 1:02PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(offline)
Hey, I found this article on MTV.com. I thought some of you may be interested about Spiderman 4. Here's what I found:

Better than most, Raimi knows what it takes to get bunches of kids into a theater on a Friday night. So naturally, during our exclusive interview with the ground-breaking filmmaker, we had to get the latest scoop on his other seismic projects, including “Spider-Man 4.”
“Right now, a writer is being sought to write the next installment,” Raimi said of the future of Peter Parker, following Marvel's recent separation from original “Spider-Man 4” writer David Koepp, who also wrote the script for the first film. “We're in the very early stages.”
When last we spoke with the director of the first three Spidey movies, he mentioned plans to work both the Lizard and the supervillain group the Sinister Six into the next blockbuster flick. Over the last few months, however, Raimi and Marvel have decided to be more receptive of reinvention. “I won't be working on the story,” he revealed, insisting he'll adopt a hands-off approach. “It'll be a brand-new writer coming in with a brand-new story � a fresh take on the Spider-Man series.”
This “fresh take” might not only include the comic's most obscure supervillains, but also entirely new story lines that diverge from (or even contradict) plot details from the three Tobey Maguire flicks. “We're hearing different versions right now and really enjoying the different stories,” Raimi said. “Hopefully, we'll hear one that sounds right for the fourth installment.”
Asked if he'll then make the key decision to direct the script or take a step back as solely a producer, Raimi nodded. “Yes, that's right. In this case, it's more in the writer's hands. I'm going to let the writer envision where Peter Parker would go to next.”
In the months following the success of “Spider-Man 3” and Topher Grace's breakout baddie, Venom, Marvel revealed plans for a spinoff flick. For the first time, Raimi weighed in on his connection with that flick, remaining consistent with a supposedly less-than-enthusiastic attitude toward the terrifyingly tongued alien. “That's probably for someone else,” he grinned.

Screw you! I don't need a signature! Oh wait…
since im here, check out my comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
crazyninny at 1:33PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
I hope the actors form the last movies will come back. They all didn't seem to happy when the 3rd movie came out, I think even one of them wished it would be the last one!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
SarahN at 1:34PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
crazyninny
I hope the actors form the last movies will come back. They all didn't seem to happy when the 3rd movie came out, I think even one of them wished it would be the last one!
I read somewhere it won't be the original actors. New everything.

God, if you want to make a shitload of Spider-Man movies than why not just make a live-action show?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Rich at 1:40PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
Dude probably has to take a hands off approach because he realizes that Spider-man 3 sucked the shit right out of a horses ass. And taking an all new approach with all new actors? Can we say MILKING IT? At this point, Tobey Maguire IS Spider-man. Replacing him without pissing off 99% of fans will be nigh impossible.

And a Venom spin-off flick? Come on! He was so obviously fucking killed in Spider-man 3. There is absolutely ZERO logical ways they can put him in a movie without rewriting the end of Spider-man 3. However, considering the lack of intelligence on their part as of late, they'll probably just say he woke up in a hospital with minor burns or some shit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
Walrus at 2:04PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
Rich
Dude probably has to take a hands off approach because he realizes that Spider-man 3 sucked the shit right out of a horses ass. And taking an all new approach with all new actors? Can we say MILKING IT? At this point, Tobey Maguire IS Spider-man. Replacing him without pissing off 99% of fans will be nigh impossible.

And a Venom spin-off flick? Come on! He was so obviously fucking killed in Spider-man 3. There is absolutely ZERO logical ways they can put him in a movie without rewriting the end of Spider-man 3. However, considering the lack of intelligence on their part as of late, they'll probably just say he woke up in a hospital with minor burns or some shit.

you've got a point there..

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
subcultured at 3:44PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
meh….i dunno.
last spiderman was kinda bad and bland.
i wish Green goblin lived though…harry would have been a cool character.

i think we need some new actors and maybe a new director for the next one
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
mlai at 6:40PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
I think we've seen enough of Spiderman. What's with this fascination with retelling the same story over and over, when it comes to comic book heroes?

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
subcultured at 7:06PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
it's called “milking the cow”
superheroes have so many relaunches it's ridiculous
J
Atom Apple at 7:43PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
Okay, guys. For Spider-man 3, I say we make a guy with an awesome upgraded Goblin Glider, Venom, and lame little Sandman. Then we kill off the two good ones! :)

No, seriously, as much as I love watching Superemo spit white fluids everywhere, I don't have high hopes for this.

Of course I'll see it, though.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:05AM
MrRiot at 1:48AM, Oct. 19, 2007
(online)
Spider-man 4, huh…?

In deference to my life-long love of most things Raimi, I have to keep forcing myself to forget he had anything to do with Spidey 2 and 3.

Spider-man 2 was basically Dawson's Creek with webbing (while watching it, my 8yr old sister said, “Cheer up, emo kid!”), and Spider-man 3 was…well…it might as well have been a crappy Michael Bay movie. It's a shame they ditched the writer from the 1st Spidey movie, because that one was actually GOOD.

Re-imaginings rarely go well…especially with such beloved source material (Just look at the awful debacle Transformers ‘07 was…). Maybe they should take a look at “Ultimate Spiderman” to see how it’s done right.

Visit my comic: THE PATH: Lovecraftian Horror meets Arthurian Legend
Visit my website: Old Dying Kitty
Proud Co-Founder/Member of Mediocre Militia
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
jalford at 2:17AM, Oct. 19, 2007
(online)
They could bring back either Venom or do Carnage with the remaining piece of the symbiote that Peter gave to Doc Conners.

If they do another movie, two words…Black Cat!

P.S. Not Halle Barre!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Walrus at 3:38AM, Oct. 19, 2007
(online)
i would kinda like to see another Spidey movie… then again…

ozoneocean at 3:46AM, Oct. 19, 2007
(online)
Atom Apple
No, seriously, as much as I love watching Superemo spit white fluids everywhere…
lol! That was hilarious :)

But is that all Peter Parker is these days? Mr Emo Onanist bukkake man? That's so sad :(
I used to love the old TV cartoon… Back then I think he had devices to shoot of the web stuff?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
subcultured at 9:31AM, Oct. 19, 2007
(online)
i found it very hard to watch beatnik peter parker…that was so horrible along with his acting.
ugh
J
lefarce at 10:48AM, Oct. 19, 2007
(online)
Rich

Has no one but I noticed that Spidey 3 was just Raimi doing comedy? He got sucked into a shit situation, and he ran it into the ground on purpose because he just kicks ass like that.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:31PM
bongotezz at 1:20PM, Oct. 19, 2007
(offline)
i was disappointed with spidy 2 and 3. too much whining and crying. i remember reading spidy comics and he always poked fun of the bad guys while fighting them. the movies hardly did that at all. and what's with eddie brok being smaller than peter? and venom never referred to himself as “we”. and that classic scene of venom sneaking in to MJ's bedroom and growing the smile. how could they leave that out of the movie? and peter should have taken a piece of the suit to reed richards like he did in the comic. would have been a great tie in to FF 4 movie that was due out after spidy 3. and how come the suit didn't become his regular clothes?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
lefarce at 2:02PM, Oct. 19, 2007
(online)
bongotezz
i was disappointed with spidy 2 and 3. too much whining and crying. i remember reading spidy comics and he always poked fun of the bad guys while fighting them. the movies hardly did that at all. and what's with eddie brok being smaller than peter? and venom never referred to himself as “we”. and that classic scene of venom sneaking in to MJ's bedroom and growing the smile. how could they leave that out of the movie? and peter should have taken a piece of the suit to reed richards like he did in the comic. would have been a great tie in to FF 4 movie that was due out after spidy 3. and how come the suit didn't become his regular clothes?

Because Raimi was never a fan of the character, so he disregarded most of what made Venom who he is/was.

And thats how we ended up with the wonderful piece of comedy that was Spider-Man 3.

Walrus at 4:44AM, Oct. 20, 2007
(online)

And thats how we ended up with the wonderful piece of comedy that was Spider-Man 3.

I hope you're just kidding when u said “The wornderful piece of comedy that was Spider-Man 3”.

MrRiot at 6:26AM, Oct. 20, 2007
(online)
jalford
They could bring back either Venom or do Carnage with the remaining piece of the symbiote that Peter gave to Doc Conners.

If they do another movie, two words…Black Cat!

P.S. Not Halle Barre!

Ugh. Carnage and Toxin and the 8,453 other symbiotes that showed up in Spiderman need to just be retconned out. I liked Venom when he first appeared on the scene…when he was just this cool, creepy version of Spiderman who was able to sneak past Spidey's spider-sense and mess with him big-time. As soon as he became the long-tongue, slime-slobbering wreck of a character that everyone loves today, he lost everything that made him interesting. I mean, the symbiote was attached to a smart, witty scientist…and the best they could come up with was “slobber, slobber, slobber…we talk like Grimlock and Frankenstein teach us english!”

I agree that the Black Cat would be great for a movie. It would be pretty cool to see a non-powered, non-gadgeted-to-hell character bat Spidey around the big-screen…all the while making passes at him. Maybe we'd FINALLY see witty one-liner Spidey. Definitely NOT Halle…keep that horrible hack-woman away from our comic characters (I'm sorry, she's an awful actor…don't defend her just because she's “hawt”)! Or if she HAS to be one, keep her confined to annoying, preachy movie-Storm.

May I humbly suggest the RIDICULOUSLY stunning Ashley Scott for the role? She already played the daughter of Batman and Catwoman in “Birds of Prey”, she's got the “agile, sexy, ass-kicker” thing down pat. Just add a little white fur and a wig and SHAZAM!

Oh, and watch that episode of Scrubs she was in…she can pull off manipulating-seductive like a champ, too.

mlai at 7:58AM, Oct. 20, 2007
(online)
I wonder how much eyebrow she had to pluck to get them to look like that.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
subcultured at 9:42AM, Oct. 20, 2007
(online)
ashley scott can't act either :/
J
MrRiot at 11:29AM, Oct. 20, 2007
(online)
subcultured
ashley scott can't act either :/

I just want to see her in the Black Cat costume.

And, really, if she can't act then she fits right in with the REST of the Spiderman cast…

Plus, that's a clip from SWAT. There was nothing resembling good acting ANYWHERE in that movie.

lefarce at 12:28PM, Oct. 20, 2007
(online)
Walrus

I hope you're just kidding when u said “The wornderful piece of comedy that was Spider-Man 3”.

No, I wasn't. I'll reassurt for the third time now that Spidey 3 was Raimi doing comedy, and if you look at it in that sense it's hilarious and bearable.

Walrus at 5:54PM, Oct. 20, 2007
(online)
lefarce
Walrus

No, I wasn't. I'll reassurt for the third time now that Spidey 3 was Raimi doing comedy, and if you look at it in that sense it's hilarious and bearable.

Wait a sec! what's wit' all these people sayin' Spidey-3 was a comedy? Ok, I admit it had a few funny parts here and there but it was definitley NOT a comedy.

lefarce at 1:08PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
Have you ever seen a Raimi flick before the Spider-Man series?

Trust me, it's Raimi doing comedy. It's very painfully clear if you watch how different Spidey 1 was from 3. It's like watching Evil Dead and then seeing Army of Darkness. That's what makes the guy so great, he never takes sequels seriously.

SERIOUS ACTION MOVIE

Walrus at 4:35PM, Oct. 21, 2007
(online)
lefarce

Trust me, it's Raimi doing comedy. It's very painfully clear if you watch how different Spidey 1 was from 3. It's like watching Evil Dead and then seeing Army of Darkness. That's what makes the guy so great, he never takes sequels seriously.

SERIOUS ACTION MOVIE

you don't take unfunny movies seriously…

Tantz Aerine at 9:35AM, Oct. 22, 2007
(online)
Eh, I was disappointed by Spidey 3. But I had great fun watching it with my friends. We really laughed our heads off. lol!

Still I would not watch Spidey 4 except on DVD… when there's nothing else to rent :/ REally sad considering Spiderman 1 was pretty good.

Yes, I reiterated just about the entire thread. Heh heh.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
MrBlubBlub at 2:20PM, Oct. 23, 2007
(offline)
Walrus
lefarce

SERIOUS ACTION MOVIE

Okay guys ur both right. Plz stop fighting..
Screw you! I don't need a signature! Oh wait…
since im here, check out my comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
lefarce at 12:20AM, Oct. 24, 2007
(online)
MrBlubBlub
Walrus
lefarce

SERIOUS ACTION MOVIE

Okay guys ur both right. Plz stop fighting..

Huh?

I don't think either of us were fighting, just making our points. I'm merely trying to reassure him that it's just how that director works, and that if you've seen his films it's quite apparent that Spidey 3 was a farce.

Of course he's entitled to believe it's a serious action movie, but that's the fun of forums like this, we can try to show our views to each other. :/

SarahN at 12:32AM, Oct. 24, 2007
(online)
Lefarce, why yo' avvie so sad now? =(
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved