Media Megaforum

Spiderman 4
kingofsnake at 10:17AM, Oct. 24, 2007
(online)
Hey, If it ain't broke don't fix it

I liked Spiderman 3. I liked it more than Spiderman 1 but much less than Spiderman 2. I wouldn't call it a straight up comedy or a serious action movie. It had a little of both. Sort of like Evil Dead 2 was funny AND scary.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
mlai at 12:41PM, Oct. 24, 2007
(online)
Wow what a great site!

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
Walrus at 5:27AM, Oct. 25, 2007
(online)
kingofsnake
Hey, If it ain't broke don't fix it

I liked Spiderman 3. I liked it more than Spiderman 1 but much less than Spiderman 2. I wouldn't call it a straight up comedy or a serious action movie. It had a little of both. Sort of like Evil Dead 2 was funny AND scary.

finally someone agrees with me that Spidey-3 was not a comedy.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
marine at 9:29AM, Oct. 25, 2007
(offline)
How about a complete series reboot? Or do Ultimate Spider-man movies or an hour long TV show. How awesome would that be? As awesome as seeing every violent knockout Mike Tyson ever did, over and over.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
mlai at 10:09AM, Oct. 25, 2007
(online)
marine
Or do Ultimate Spider-man movies or an hour long TV show.
How is Spiderman different from Ult Spiderman?
I'm so sick of supers and their reboots.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
Poke Alster at 12:49PM, Oct. 29, 2007
(offline)
Theyve got a villian from spiderman 3 returning
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
DrProfessorman at 3:50PM, Oct. 30, 2007
(online)
I've been wishing Tobey Maguire to quit since the first one! He's the worst possible choice for Peter Parker. I like Kirsten Dunst as MJ, though. Also, how the hell are they going to do the sinister 6 if Doc Ock is not only dead but not actually evil?
Thank you for flying Con Air.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Sidwarrious at 5:23PM, Oct. 30, 2007
(online)
Maguire was a great choice for Peter Parker. He was, and anyone who says not is only idealizing a character to the point he shouldn't be. What is Peter? Short, dorky, fraily thin, brown haired, soft spoken, meek, callow. That's Maguire, as a person, to a tee. What Maguire was NOT was a good Spiderman. When Peter is Spiderman his personality changed, he had a terrific duality to him in that Spiderman he was the opposite of all those things. Maguire's problem was he held on to Peter too much and Spidey came off as more soft spoken and callow. The was no good “smart-ass-ness” to Spidey either. Never quaking jokes or being quickwitted. He was too focused and quiet, almost like he was Batman. Even that's more of a problem of bad scripting. Sure, it would be a bit cheesier, but you can't watch something called “Spider-Man” without expecting a bit of cheese. I'm only going off the first two movies. I don't know if he acts more like Spidey should in the third, but I wouldn't think it from the previews. The previews show of him thinking of the villains as things to be feared but Peter as Spidey had such a god complex even when scared he couldn't shut his mouth, almost in a Deadpool-esque way. Hey, even the Ultimate Spider-Man game had him comment on the Rhino “Hey, is that your horn or you happy to-oh my god, I'm so scared I can't say my lame joke.” I think this shoulda been in rants X__x. I'm far too longwinded for my own good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
marine at 8:18PM, Oct. 30, 2007
(offline)
mlai
marine
Or do Ultimate Spider-man movies or an hour long TV show.
How is Spiderman different from Ult Spiderman?
I'm so sick of supers and their reboots.

Ultimate Spider-man is an entirely different. It takes the character back to the core of what he was meant to be: a teenager with superpowers trying to do the right thing. He's only 15 so he's still in high school. All his villains and everything are re-designed and re-developed into different ways. It goes in directions I don't like at times, but overall it does a good job of refreashing everything stale about the regular spider-man. Regular spider-man is married, works as a teacher, and isn't quite the same guy as ultimate Spider-man. I don't really want to read married life spider-man, part of what made older spider-man books great was all the drama he had from women in his life and people hating him. In the regular universe, he's pretty well accepted now. Over in the ultimate world, he's still thought of by many as a menace. Just for the way some of the villains are done in the ultimate comics, its worth checking out. The Green Goblin for example becomes an Incredible Hulk like monster. Its really great.

Sidwarrious at 8:24PM, Oct. 30, 2007
(online)
A FLAMING incredible hulk! I like Ult Sp, but I like that Spidey in Marvel has come a long way. And as for drama-hello sniper? Aunt May shot? Back in Black? One more Day? Question Mark? I like that he's settled down now. I hated the women drama and I never liked Gwen Stacy or her goblin child!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
jalford at 3:01AM, Oct. 31, 2007
(online)
Well, we don't actually know that Doc Ock is officially dead. I mean, this is comics we're talking about. It's possible that his mechanical arms could have swam him up to the surface and restarted his heart somehow or got complete control of his body. I wouldn't be suprised if Norman Osborne made a clone of himself, one which only his Goblin persona knew about.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
mlai at 7:41AM, Oct. 31, 2007
(online)
jalford
Well, we don't actually know that Doc Ock is officially dead. I mean, this is comics we're talking about. It's possible that his mechanical arms could have swam him up to the surface and restarted his heart somehow or got complete control of his body. I wouldn't be suprised if Norman Osborne made a clone of himself, one which only his Goblin persona knew about.
It's things like that which make me completely lose respect for big comics as a storytelling medium.

The above examples basically rip away everything that were important those characters in order to prolong sales in a “pale imitation of” sorta way.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
marine at 5:04PM, Oct. 31, 2007
(offline)
Sidwarrious
I like that he's settled down now. I hated the women drama and I never liked Gwen Stacy or her goblin child!

The goblin children stuff can't possibly be canon, and if it is, I sure as heck don't even acknowledge it. The women drama IS Spider-man to me. Its the absolute best element of him. Heres a superhero with some local powers. He can't take on stuff like The Avengers or Fantastic Four, the major world shattering types of villains. He's more of a villain of the week/random crime kind of hero. Add into that equation that he's a smart ass who has female drama, and you've got awesome stuff. I'd reccomend starting towards the 100s of Amazing Spider-man pretty much up to the clone saga. Its great. Spectacular spider-man vol is also a must read for anyone that likes spider-man stuff. The stuff I like the best is from the late 70s early 80s, he's got the alien symbiote costume, the crazy black cat whose in love with Spider-man but not him, the Hobgoblin mystery, and the usual villains like The Beatle, Kingpin, Puma, Punisher, The Jackal, Shocker, The Scorpion, Rhino, and so many other animal based villains. Its a brilliant balance of diferent things. Its superhero action/comedy with elements of romance/drama. Its got horror/mystery stuff going on around that with the Hobgoblin and Venom stuff.

Spider-man hasn't had nearly as many crazy retcons as Batman and Superman. He's had some minimal stuff that was attempted but quickly forgotten. Like the previously mentioned green goblin/gwen stacy stuff. I'm almost certain that marvel treats that as non canon.
jalford at 2:32AM, Nov. 1, 2007
(online)
Electro would be decent. Since Sandman was put in the 3rd flick mainly cause he'd “look cool in a movie”, then Electro should get the same treatment.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
mlai at 5:46AM, Nov. 1, 2007
(online)
jalford
Electro would be decent. Since Sandman was put in the 3rd flick mainly cause he'd “look cool in a movie”, then Electro should get the same treatment.
There have been too many “I have lightning” characters from other movies and TV shows.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Broken Minds at 12:01PM, Nov. 14, 2007
(online)
Rather than reinvent the wheel…again, lets try maybe tossing together alot of these already existing heros.

A punisher, Daredevil, spiderman movie maybe

Or Spider man and the Xmen

Or on and on.

It's been done in the books, so I don't see why the silver screen should be exempt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
subcultured at 3:39PM, Nov. 14, 2007
(online)
i hate harry's death that was stupid
he was a great character
better than peter
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
marine at 5:17PM, Nov. 14, 2007
(offline)
mlai
jalford
There have been too many “I have lightning” characters from other movies and TV shows.

Electro would still be awesome. Not Ultimate Electro, but classic over the top Electro.

Same with Shocker and The Rhino, Kraven, The Enforcers, Tombstone, Werewolf by Night, The Tarantula, Black Cat, Vulture, and all the other comic book villains. Needs to be more over the top and cartoonish. I'm done with this trying to go for realism crap that comics keep doing.
MrBlubBlub at 11:58AM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
Poke Alster
Theyve got a villian from spiderman 3 returning

they do?
Screw you! I don't need a signature! Oh wait…
since im here, check out my comics.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Ziffy88 at 2:47PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
stop it stop making Spider-man movies!
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:01PM
eldergodusher at 4:19AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
I have to admit that I was disappointed by Spidey 3. Too much going on for one movie. The Venom storyline would have been better served over the course of two movies. Introduce the suit and gradually show it's effect on Peter and his relationships. It would also have been great to see more time for Brock to develop as a character rather than a plot piece thrown in the mix so we could have Venom show up in this movie. The hatred he felt for Peter wouldn't feel as forced if time had been taken to work on the tension between he and Peter. Raimi had initially planned on just using Sandman and continuing the Harry story, but Avi Arad (Mr. we don't need Bryan Singer to make an X-man movie because the casual movie going public won't notice a lack of storytelling if we just throw three million mutants on the screen…) encouraged him to shoe horn Venom into the story. In all honesty, I really wish the movie had just focused on Harry and his schemes to destroy Peter. That would have had more of an emotional and dramatic impact.
As far as Spiderman 4, I hope they scale back on the villains and do a slow build. Since they are obviously going to do another 3 movies, it would be cool to have a continuing villain over the course of the movies almost like a story arc in the comics. Ah well, what do I know, I'm just an unknown webcomic artist.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved