Random Discussion

spot the minority in the tea party of 9/12
subcultured at 11:33AM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
…i count 1

thank you Glenn Beck for this stupid stupid stooopid get together. most of the people don't even know why they are protesting. watching Fox dumbs you down.

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Tanman2 at 11:49AM, Sept. 19, 2009
(offline)
wow that IS stupid Glenn beck is a retard.
Omelets make me gassy…. if you know what I mean! :) OK I don't know either…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
lba at 2:16PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
This is about as stupid as the rallies for Obama that I saw during the election. I used to ask people I talked to about politics what they liked about him, and usually got just as blank of an answer. Typically they muttered something about change or health care, and could never elaborate. It was more about these vague notions that Republicans were out-of-touch morons who couldn't have run an economy better than a pre-schooler. And what I see here, is mostly about these vague notions that Democrats are rich, assholes with big egos bent on reviving our economy via hiring actual pre-schooler's.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Orin J Master at 2:27PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
lba
This is about as stupid as the rallies for Obama that I saw during the election. I used to ask people I talked to about politics what they liked about him, and usually got just as blank of an answer. Typically they muttered something about change or health care, and could never elaborate. It was more about these vague notions that Republicans were out-of-touch morons who couldn't have run an economy better than a pre-schooler. And what I see here, is mostly about these vague notions that Democrats are rich, assholes with big egos bent on reviving our economy via hiring actual pre-schooler's.

most people weren't voting for obama in my opinion so much as they were voting against mccain. a guy who had supported a much hated administration for the past eight years, and a whack job that had clearly been brought on as a gimmick? the whole thing was doomed from the get-go.

you also won't find informed people shouting in more of those public protests, because there's much more effective ways to deal with the system in cases like this.

also, i keep hearing rumors that glen beck raped and killed a girl in 1990, but i haven't seen any confirmations either way. does anyone have any more info in that regard?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
Sea_Cow at 2:28PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(offline)
I smell some kyupol coming on…
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Orin J Master at 6:05PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(online)
Sea_Cow

take it into the bathroom.
Sea_Cow at 6:43PM, Sept. 19, 2009
(offline)
Orin J Master
Sea_Cow

take it into the bathroom.

Ohhhhhhhhhh shit, it's taking a while. I think it's stuck.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
therealtj at 8:41AM, Sept. 20, 2009
(online)
Both sides are complete morons.

Nader 2012!

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Product Placement at 11:08AM, Sept. 20, 2009
(online)
therealtj
Both sides are complete morons.

Nader 2012!

Go ahead! Throw your vote away!

HA HA HA HA HA!!

If you fail to spot the reference, I recommend that you check out Simpson's, Treehouse of Horrors VII.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
bravo1102 at 7:46AM, Sept. 21, 2009
(online)
So I go to a demonstration and I will pick and choose the most ignorant followers to speak to, exactly like Obama supporters were and the varied anti-war movements. Listening to their ignorance was funny. I hadn't laughed so hard at such ignorance of how the world works in my life, then I read about the American-firster Isolationists from the 1930s. lol!

But since those agreed with my world views they're okay and since these don't they're idiots. So simple. A non-biased world view with historical porespective and long-term personal experience makes it all obvious.

But don't bother to look in the mirror because your belief system is right and well-informed and everyone else's is so wrong-headed and ignorant. If they knew as much as I did they'd agree with me! Take a glance at your thought process and just what you look at and how it usually agrees with you. Do you read the opposing views with an open mind or just diesmiss their evidence no matter how objectively verifiable it is.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ozoneocean at 8:35AM, Sept. 21, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
So I go to a demonstration
Eh, the simple hard fact is though that the average rightwing protester is a lot dimmer.

There's no getting around it Bravo, both sides aren't equal or even the same thing. On the right the Intelligencia and the elite are rarely part of the protest crowd, they might organise the things but generally that is not what they get involved in. On the left however there's a much greater tradition of activism at all levels, especially the Intelligencia.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Hawk at 9:35AM, Sept. 21, 2009
(online)
Ozone, you're right that the liberals are much better fit for protests… it's part of their nature to enact change. But I like Bravo's point he made in there. Especially on this forum there's a lot of “These people believe differently from me therefore they're stupid”. I just can't accept that. One of the most important things I've learned in the past decade is that morality and beliefs are relative. Everything you believe is hideous and wrong to somebody else. It's a huge part of why I'm so non-partisan these days.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's okay to disagree with people. Just treat them with respect is all I'm saying.

(this wasn't directed at Ozone, btw. just extrapolating on what Bravo was saying)

I didn't watch the video and I don't know much of what it's about, but the title of the thread keeps making me think, “What, the amount of minorities you have determines whether or not you're right?” It means enduring Glenn Beck, but I guess I'll have to watch to video.

EDIT: Okay, thankfully Glenn Beck wasn't in it.

And I further agree with Bravo, it's obvious the creator of this video was picking and choosing responses to make the whole right side look bad. I simply cannot believe that everyone there was that stupid.

But I really enjoyed the parts where the interviewer was educating the people he talked to. There really were some ignorant people there and it's funny to think that a five minute conversation beforehand might have have convinced them to not bother attending.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
ozoneocean at 10:23PM, Sept. 21, 2009
(online)
The worst protests are anti globalisation ones. Hardly anybody there is protesting the same thing! The whole thing is just an excuse for slightly disaffected youth to behave badly for fun.
A “protest” without a clear message is absolutely pointless.

———————–
Further with right and left protests-
As I said, the elite on the right will be organising them and nothing else (generally). The methodology will tend to be that they will mobilise people who normally would not be mobilised; these protests are more “manufactured” in that sense.
A lot of the people generally who don't feel strongly enough or know enough to ever bother going out to protest in the first place will make a massive proportion of the group. It's only the fact they've been pushed out there they they go at all. The idea is to make something look like a protest to convey an effective image to influence public opinion.

On the left, as I said, the tradition is to protest when you feel strongly, so all levels join in. You don't tend to get too many marshmallows out there who don't know what it's about because when they don't care they don't go.

With thousands of people there will be many exception of course, but you'll get a majority of that sort of person on the right- Not because “the right is dumb”, but because of how these different groups do things. As I've said.

This is mostly the rial spirit of videos like this, not to really show that the “other side are idiots”, rather that the protest isn't as genuine as it seems.

————–
With the “manufactured” “image” protest you could apply that to places like Cuba where they have their huge government organised “protest” rallies, but those aren't quite the same thing since it's not about right or left- it's the state alone. The people will be right and left but they have little choice in the matter of attendance.

bravo1102 at 11:00AM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
bravo1102
So I go to a demonstration
Eh, the simple hard fact is though that the average rightwing protester is a lot dimmer.

There's no getting around it Bravo, both sides aren't equal or even the same thing. On the right the Intelligencia and the elite are rarely part of the protest crowd, they might organise the things but generally that is not what they get involved in. On the left however there's a much greater tradition of activism at all levels, especially the Intelligencia.

That is purely subjective. There are plenty of dim-witted left-wing intelligencia and there are plenty of well-informed right-wingers in the crowd. The interviewer clearly had his own agenda and so picked those who were the worst examples of the opposite side to prove his point. The same thing has been done in nearly every other march on the mall in Washington D.C.

It could be said that conservatives prefer to debate in the realm of ideas and use reason as opposed to loud slogans in mass demonstrations. But that's what the conservative intelligencia says when they organize the demonstration and now show up. Whereas the Liberal intelligencia show up and scream a lot and say some infinitely stupid uninformed things. But since their opinion lies closer to mine their slogans are acceptable and I can overlook the weakness of their evidence.

Nope, subjective based on who you agree with because when you tear down the organization they both do it similarly and end up with just as stupid a mob.

Maybe like organizing a group of sports fans for political mob action?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
lba at 4:37PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Hawk
Ozone, you're right that the liberals are much better fit for protests… it's part of their nature to enact change. But I like Bravo's point he made in there. Especially on this forum there's a lot of “These people believe differently from me therefore they're stupid”. I just can't accept that. One of the most important things I've learned in the past decade is that morality and beliefs are relative. Everything you believe is hideous and wrong to somebody else. It's a huge part of why I'm so non-partisan these days.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's okay to disagree with people. Just treat them with respect is all I'm saying.

(this wasn't directed at Ozone, btw. just extrapolating on what Bravo was saying)

I didn't watch the video and I don't know much of what it's about, but the title of the thread keeps making me think, “What, the amount of minorities you have determines whether or not you're right?” It means enduring Glenn Beck, but I guess I'll have to watch to video.

EDIT: Okay, thankfully Glenn Beck wasn't in it.

And I further agree with Bravo, it's obvious the creator of this video was picking and choosing responses to make the whole right side look bad. I simply cannot believe that everyone there was that stupid.

But I really enjoyed the parts where the interviewer was educating the people he talked to. There really were some ignorant people there and it's funny to think that a five minute conversation beforehand might have have convinced them to not bother attending.

that's more or less what I was trying to point out. I just didn't really get into the elaboration thing so much as I just wanted to give an example of how people can be incredibly brain dead on all sides of the issue.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
ozoneocean at 5:59PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
That is purely subjective.
What? lol!
Yes, that describes your posts beautifully.
Have fun not reading mine. :)

kyupol at 4:32PM, Sept. 23, 2009
(offline)
thank you Glenn Beck

Glen Beck is a CIA asset.

First he called Ron Paul supporters and 9-11 truthers as terrorists and now he's a “libertarian”.

Don't believe that snake. He's nothing but a fox news fake neocon new world order talking head.

He's only ripping off of Alex Jones and Ron Paul (these guys and others like them helped change my negative perception of the USA).

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
kyupol at 4:44PM, Sept. 23, 2009
(offline)
spot the minority in the tea party of 9/12

That word that refers to non-whites only contributes to racism.

I don't know why do we keep on fighting about race and religion and gender and left and right.

Meanwhile they're killing us with the vaccines, stealing trillions of dollars, and turning the entire planet into a giant police state.

I'm sick and tired of all this petty fighting.

Why can't we all get together and say that we want FREEDOM and say NO to tyranny.

The worst protests are anti globalisation ones. Hardly anybody there is protesting the same thing! The whole thing is just an excuse for slightly disaffected youth to behave badly for fun.
A “protest” without a clear message is absolutely pointless.

Alot of those “anarchists” and people causing trouble work for the government.

That's the oldest trick in the book.

Having a few nutjobs cause trouble in a protest is a tool used by governments to discredit legitimate opposition. So that the police will have an excuse to beatup the peaceful protesters.

It was done in Greece. In Canada. In the Philippines. And elsewhere around the world.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
El Cid at 10:48AM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
I saw this on Youtube already. Pure comic genius! There are two or three other parts to it though. The last one has a guy dressed up like a pirate!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
patrickdevine at 3:39PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
This might seem like a cheap shot but it's called a tea party yet there's no tea. At least not that I saw.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Orin J Master at 10:00PM, Sept. 25, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
This might seem like a cheap shot but it's called a tea party yet there's no tea. At least not that I saw.

originally, i recall that they were teabagging parties….they decided to drop “Bagging” from the name a bit later on for some reasaon.

*cough*

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved