Help, Support and Suggestions

Staying logged in ...
osakilina at 4:15PM, Dec. 3, 2009
(online)
I just thought I'd be kind and speak from my own experience …

If anyone is testing Google Wave and/or you have installed the Google Chrome add-on for your browser (I use IE 8 for reference), you may experience trouble with DrunkDuck's cookies and staying logged in.

I was logging in, clicking on “My Account” and constantly being logged out. Forums? Logged out. Viewing other comics? Logged out.

It wasn't until I uninstalled the Google Chrome add-on that the problem ceased.

This makes me wonder … Is there any way to fix the Chrome/DD cookies problem or what? Is anyone else having this same problem?

Thanks for your time. =)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM
martinlo_23 at 4:58PM, Dec. 3, 2009
(offline)
I don't use Google Chrome so I think you can fix it going to Options if it has and disable/able cookies.

Hope it helps. But I think at least It will guide you.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
ozoneocean at 6:57PM, Dec. 3, 2009
(online)
Part of the security for your account has to do with the maintaining your IP address with your current login cookies. So that's probably the issue with WAVE.
Chrome is not entirely compatible with DD since the way it handle javascript is different, weird and newer than the old 2006 way that DD is used to.

Aside from the fact Chrome is built on crappy Safari. -_-

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
osakilina at 8:40PM, Dec. 3, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Part of the security for your account has to do with the maintaining your IP address with your current login cookies. So that's probably the issue with WAVE.
Chrome is not entirely compatible with DD since the way it handle javascript is different, weird and newer than the old 2006 way that DD is used to.

Aside from the fact Chrome is built on crappy Safari. -_-

Well, that makes sense. I figured it was probably something like that. I wasn't being logged out of other sites like DeviantArt, FaceBook, and LiveJournal … it was just DD.

Thanks for clearing that up! ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:22PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved