Media Megaforum

Stressed Eric
kingofsnake at 1:02PM, Oct. 15, 2007
(online)
Has anyone else seen this show? It's a british cartoon, they ported it over to america for like half a season like 10 years ago, but it was up against another british port, “Who's Line is it Anyway” so it never made it off the ground.

It's about this single dad named Eric and every episode features him struggling to get through what should be an otherwise simple task that just becomes rife with problems. And every episode makes it seem like at the very end he's going to get away with it and everything is going to be ok, and then something goes inexplicably and horribly wrong out of the blue. It was one of the funniest dark comedies I've ever seen, and one of those gems to come out of england.

I gotta find it on Region 1 DVD.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Crazy Dutchman at 3:06PM, Oct. 15, 2007
(offline)
OMG! Yes! I found most of the episodes a while back on tv-links.co.uk! I used to LOVE that show and I still do. Same studio that also made Duckman I believe, and that's even BETTER than Stressed Eric.

Greatnes!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Priest_Revan at 4:52PM, Oct. 15, 2007
(offline)
That looks amazing. I wish we had awesome shows like that in America. :(
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
DAJB at 5:40AM, Oct. 16, 2007
(online)
Priest_Revan
I think you do. South Park and Family Guy are both still pretty cutting edge.

I can't remember the last time anything like Stressed Eric or Duck Man was shown here in dear ol' Blighty. (And even when those two shows were around, I seem to remember they were shunted into some late night graveyard slot).
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
ozoneocean at 7:39AM, Oct. 16, 2007
(online)
I remember that show… It'd always end up with his intestines strangling him. Hmm, some more good animated shows from pommyland that I recall were Bob and Margaret and Crapstone Villas.
Man, Crapstone Villas was WAY better than family guy or South Park.

Ah, but Duckman… I loved that show, that was a top notch US cartoon. A lot clever than South Park and the like and nicely adult with great production values. Wasn't that a Gabor Csupo show? That was back when they weren't known for running Rugrats into the ground…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
kingofsnake at 8:33AM, Oct. 16, 2007
(online)
Alot of talk about Duckman, I remember trying to get USA to come in on my old dial tuner TV so I could catch it back in my teens, it was really solid.

Why is it not on DVD?

I don't know if anyone has seen it but Squirrel Boy on Cartoon Network is pretty solid for a kids cartoon, and was created by the guy behind Duckman.

I'm pretty impressed with CN's decisions on what cartoons to put money into based on the track record's of the creators. They take some chances that sometimes pay out and sometimes don't. Like for example Camp Lazlo is created by the guy who created Rocko's Modern Life, I don't think it's great, but I respect the decision to make it based on Rocko.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Custard Trout at 2:40PM, Oct. 17, 2007
(offline)
'I'm ten years late already!'

That never failed to make me laugh, never. God I miss this, I hope it's still up on TV Links, 'cause I have to watch it again now. Liz always cracked me up, especially the one where she and her new boyfriend (forget his name) gave up language and it took her ten minutes to ask him if he wanted a sandwich?

A similar (but slightly darker) cartoon was Monkey Dust, it featured such memorable characters as the First Time Cottager and The Internet Pedophile.

I loved the one where a detective accidentally captures a twisted serial killer before he can figure out the elaborate puzzle the killer had set up, he lets him get away, to the extent of trying to fix his car. Then the killer hits him over the head with a sledge hammer.

David Baddiel parts were my favourite.

P.S. Ozone, it was the vein on his forehead.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Priest_Revan at 3:49PM, Oct. 17, 2007
(offline)
DAJB
Priest_Revan
I think you do. South Park and Family Guy are both still pretty cutting edge.

I can't remember the last time anything like Stressed Eric or Duck Man was shown here in dear ol' Blighty. (And even when those two shows were around, I seem to remember they were shunted into some late night graveyard slot).

You know, you make a good point. I forgot about Family Guy and South Park.

I don't need Stressed Eric anymore.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
Custard Trout at 2:21PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(offline)
Priest_Revan
You know, you make a good point. I forgot about Family Guy and South Park.

I don't need Stressed Eric anymore.

Yes you do.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Red Slayer at 11:04PM, Oct. 18, 2007
(online)
I used the “a golden eagle stole my work” excuse once.
It didn't worked.
But it rocked!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved