Random Discussion

Student Arrested After Cutting Food With Knife
zapheron at 4:57AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
such overreaction for a steak knife is a waste of taxpayers money.

And if you're ti kill someone, i would go for a spoon or an erasor, >I'v yet to see someone get killed by this, but it could be very satisfying if I snaped. Normaly a desk is enough
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Senretsu at 5:28AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
Well those teachers sure set a standard for what can be considered “Smart”.
I wear a mean dark pair of shades… And you can't see my eyes, unless my head is bent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Product Placement at 6:09AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
I'm assuming that she was carrying a steak knife that you use to eat with. You know, a butter knife size, not a “you call that a knife, this is a knife” size.

Unless I'm mistaken then I'm gona side with the “they overreacted” side.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
Ryu_The_Fox at 11:00AM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
They should have just suspended her if they had to punish her.
She just used it to cut her food. Sometimes you need to cut your food.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Eirikr at 9:31PM, Jan. 1, 2008
(online)
spiritmonkey
A guy at my school got taken to the police station because he had a mini screwdriver

Look out! He could dismantle things! Idiots.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
TnTComic at 11:25AM, Jan. 2, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
I'm assuming that she was carrying a steak knife that you use to eat with. You know, a butter knife size, not a “you call that a knife, this is a knife” size.

That would be a butter knife, not a steak knife. The two are completely different. If a dude pulled a butter knife, i'd giggle. If he pulled a steak knife, i'd run like a little girl.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Inkmonkey at 8:00PM, Jan. 2, 2008
(offline)
Yeah, but there are different types of steak knives. There are some that are shorter or longer, with or without decent handles, and some that are rounded at the tips, making them look more like butter knives.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
ozoneocean at 3:37AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
Fish filleting knives look nastier ^^

Yeah, cooking knives come in all shapes and sizes. I've got some nice Trident ones that all have that elongated triangular shape. One of the bigger ones is quite wide, others are thinner. I've got two small ones the same size as a butter knives but the same shape and sharpness as steak-knives… So what'd you call those? Fruit knives?

Honestly though, people exaggerate when it comes to weapon-like objects. She's a little girl eating her lunch, it was probably small.

————-On exaggeration, I remember there was a report here of a mad-man who tried to hijack a plane here a couple of years ago. Initial news reports and eye witnesses described the mane as having attacked the airline staff with “two stakes”, one in either hand. Later there were claims the the man was holing a couple of “towers” (WTF?)! He stabbed one of the crew with them and they heroically tackled him down

In actuality it turned out that he was a mentally disturbed man who had stabbed a steward with a chopstick. Two small plastic chopsticks had gone from “stakes” to “Towers”, and a crazy man gets turned into a hijacker.
I Laughed.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
TnTComic at 4:06AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
Honestly though, people exaggerate when it comes to weapon-like objects. She's a little girl eating her lunch, it was probably small.

Why are you making that assumption? If it was a little girl eating her lunch with a butter knife, you really think they would call the police? I got a set of steak knives for christmas, and if my kid smuggled one into the school I would expect a phone call.

ozoneocean at 4:32AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
I'm certainly not thinking it was a butterknife. ;)

I gave reasons for my assumption: cooking knives come in all sizes and people exaggerate the threat from weapon-like objects. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Product Placement at 5:02AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
TnTComic
That would be a butter knife, not a steak knife. The two are completely different. If a dude pulled a butter knife, i'd giggle. If he pulled a steak knife, i'd run like a little girl.

I said "a butter knife size" not a butter knife. Just like ozoneocean said, steak knifes come in all shapes and sizes. I myself own two small stake knifes meant for personal use when a normal knife just won't do it to the steak. Also if you go to almost any restaurant and order a steak, they'll replace your normal knife with a small steak knife. I really really doubt that the girl brought to school a 6 inch turkey cleaving steak knife for her lunch.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Product Placement at 5:08AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(online)
TnTComic
If my kid smuggled one into the school I would expect a phone call.

Ahh yes. I think I would expect the same thing. But would you expect them to say: We arrested your little girl and she's being held at the Juvenile Assessment Center. Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TnTComic at 5:25AM, Jan. 3, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
TnTComic
If my kid smuggled one into the school I would expect a phone call.

Ahh yes. I think I would expect the same thing. But would you expect them to say: We arrested your little girl and she's being held at the Juvenile Assessment Center. Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Nope.
zapheron at 3:10PM, Jan. 4, 2008
(online)
they should just confiscate the knife, tell the girl why she can't have a pointy knife at school and send a explaination to her parents/ guardian.

It would be more fun blundgeon someone to death with a long ruler or a sign,
as for astriking in anger a sharp pencncil is rather nasty, chairs are easy weapons.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
bluebot092 at 4:59PM, Jan. 28, 2008
(offline)
Inkmonkey
TnTComic
Let me ask you something, Ink… why don't we allow kids to have knives at school?

Because knives are dangerous.

Look, I don't want people to think that I"m saying it's okay for her to bring a great big knife into school as long as she's planning to eat something with it. I'm saying that there are degrees of punishment, and the degree this case was taken to was ridiculous.

i know if she was going to kill someone they would have called the police but they should have just tsaken it from her and show her a video or do something of can happen if you bring knives guns or drugs to school. i mean it was follish of her to do that but i mean she could use a plastic knife or a fork or just tear it up with her hands.
I don't have ADD you're just boring me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
I like zelda at 4:38PM, Jan. 31, 2008
(offline)
one of the racks on the bottom of our chairs at school fell off, and our teacher had to take it because it was considered a weapon. How? I suppose I could hit someone over the head over it, but it would be extremely unwieldy. I could probably pull one of the bars of and use it as a sword like weapon, but everyone at my school already thinks that I think I'm link…

oh crap, I got on a rant again
I wonder how someone convinced me to go outside. I have a sunburn now. :'(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
UltimaXG2 at 9:38PM, Feb. 5, 2008
(offline)
ARREST THAT HARMLESS TEN YEAR OLD! SHE'S GOT A KNIFE!!!
Comics:
Beyond the Deep End
Mysterious Transfer Student
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
TheFallen at 11:15PM, Feb. 7, 2008
(offline)
i fucking hate people, and this is why. people these days r so stupid beyond belief, it makes me loose all hope in humanity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Neilsama at 11:36PM, Feb. 7, 2008
(online)
OH MY GOD! Do you realize what this means!? It means that there's a US school out there that DOESN'T line its doors with metal detectors. I'm utterly shocked.

We are so hyperactive to the smallest things these days. I mean, they apparently saw that the kid was cutting her food. She obviously wasn't attacking anyone. Sure, take the knife away and call the parent, but JEEZ don't have her arrested.

Sure it was a dumb thing to do, but that's what kids do. They do dumb things, and they learn from them. What lesson is she supposed to take away from this? Basically that she's being punished for having a “duh” moment.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved