Media Megaforum

stupid parts in the books, movies, or comics,(spoilers)
Mr Kaos at 8:36AM, June 11, 2010
(online)

I did read a book. “Last Light” by Alex Scarrow and i read a part of the book.. and i couldn't believe that the assassin who got shot in his shoulder and it did hit some veins and bones as well and later on he did kill 3 armed and welltrained agents with a KNIFE! I nearly threw the book out because of that part.

Sure he was trained in to sneak around and such. but he was seriously wounded and lost much blood even in spite of that he did put a bandage on it. It is hard for a wounded person to sneak around and let alone to stab a person to death without making a sound. but he managed that still. this part did ruin the book for me. (even there were perhaps two more parts but you can read the book yourself to find out.)

I wonder if you people did try that in movies, comic or books and felt an urge to yell at it because it simply is too stupid? then do tell.

Sorry about my english.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
ImaginaryGirl at 1:32PM, June 11, 2010
(offline)
Oh my, I'm sure we could go on and on about this. XD The most recent one for me, though, was the ending of The Graveyard Book. Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent book and Gaiman is a wonderful writer…but sometimes he drops the ball on endings. Think stardust should have ended several pages earlier than it did.

In this case, however, there was a character who I thought would be important, serve some purpose, and then didn't. It was rather odd.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
blindsk at 4:23PM, June 11, 2010
(online)
Movie.

Indy 4.

All of it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Sariling Mundo at 4:30AM, June 12, 2010
(online)
The movie “City of Angels”

Meg Ryan rides her bicycle with her eyes closed.

Then she gets hit by a truck.

The end.
My comics and their REAL ratings:

The Intrepid TORPEDO! - T+

Painkiller - M

ZetaMax - E
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
EssayBee at 5:28PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Sariling Mundo
The movie “City of Angels”

Meg Ryan rides her bicycle with her eyes closed.

Then she gets hit by a truck.

The end.

I crack up every time I hear that. Reminds me of the parody ballad “N.F.B.” by Anthrax, which ends with the line, “She got hit by a truck,” before the band breaks down crying and can't finish the song.

Along those lines, pretty much anything Nicholas Sparks ends with some “tragedy” (although I generally find it comical for its sheer ridiculousness). I think it was “Nights in Rodanthe” that has the male love interest die in a mudslide. (I didn't see the movie, but my wife told me about it, and we both cracked up.)

Movie-wise, I cannot stand The Avengers. The movie makes no sense, there is no logic in continuity from shot to shot (e.g., Sean Connery shows up, makes a comment about “Rain or shine, the weather's mine,” before knocking the hero's umbrella in the air, and then just disappears–and the hero just strolls off as if nothing happened), and don't even get me started on Uma Thurman's character. Seriously, I should rent this movie just to clean my floors because it sucks much harder than my vacuum.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
therealtj at 6:01PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
blindsk
Movie.

Indy 4.

All of it.
You stole my post exactly ):<

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Mr Kaos at 1:41PM, June 18, 2010
(online)
Indy 4? it wasn't so bad.. could have been worser.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
altprom at 4:46PM, June 18, 2010
(offline)
I didn't even see indy 4 because of what I heard about it
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
ImaginaryGirl at 1:05AM, June 19, 2010
(offline)
“I kicked the map into the river!” ;D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
ozoneocean at 1:41AM, June 19, 2010
(online)
I'm watching the SciFi series Starhunter 2300 at the moment, it was a re-jig of “Starhunter”.

One stupid thing in it that is So annoying is the use of their transport shuttles as fighter planes in the Star Wars style. It's annoying because it breaks the logic of the show that they developed in the first series-

It's a Scifi show that happens in our near future in a colonised solar system. People use large spacecaft for long distance travel and small shuttles for transport between them and stations, other ships and planets.
The crew who are the focus of the show have a massive ex-spaceliner. In the first series it was awkwardly retrofitted with various weapons and it worked and looked great as an improvised weapons platform, the shuttles are only ever used for transport, without the space for the power required for decent weapons or defences.

In the second series the liner still has the weapons, but they're almost never used. Instead they have a new shuttle that looks like a Star Wars A-wing and that gets involved in silly dogfights.
They have a massive ship with giant weapons with virtually unlimited range that can be bought to bear 360 degrees x3, huge sensors etc and they have to rely a pissy fighter to defend them. Plus they get shot up by anything.

They went from a logical, sensible, well developed premise that was based some realistic ideas about space battles in a colonised solar system and what you could actually Do with a big liner type ship if it had weapons.. and regressed it back to old fashioned Buck-Rogers, Star Wars, Battelstar Glacatica fare, for no other reason than convention.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved