Media Megaforum

Summerfest!
Mazoo at 11:04AM, June 30, 2006
(offline)
I went to summerfest yesterday, and man it was awesome! I saw Keane there, and they gave an absolute amazing performance! They have great stage presence. What was also cool was that there were a bunch of emerging and local bands there, and a lot of them were really good! There was one band there called The Redwalls who dressed like the Sex Pistols, played their instruments like Weezer and sounded like Hot Hot Heat. They were pretty good, and one of the best parts about them was that everyone sang and they all swapped instruments! I thought that was pretty cool.

Have any of you guys been to Summerfest, or if you don't live in the Milwaukee area, do you have anything like it out where you live?

It was probably one of the best concerts/music festivals I've ever been to. I won't be able to talk for a couple of days now, haha.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Terminal at 1:30PM, June 30, 2006
(online)
Mazoo
Have any of you guys been to Summerfest, or if you don't live in the Milwaukee area, do you have anything like it out where you live?

I am quite jealous of this Summerfest. Never been, but by where I live there's always The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (or just Coachella) which is just about fantastic.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Ian Jay at 4:15PM, June 30, 2006
(offline)
Myxomatosis
I am quite jealous of this Summerfest. Never been, but by where I live there's always The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (or just Coachella) which is just about fantastic.

DAMMIT YOU LUCKY.

The only thing I have out by me is the “HFStival”, sponsored by local “alternative” station 105.7 WHFS. It's really mainstream alternative, though. Usually there's one band signed to it that I really want to see, about two or three that I'm okay with, and the rest are just this stupid “hugga jugga we sound like Nickelback” crap that gets so much airplay these days. Or emo. There's a lot of emo.

Oh, the cruel tragedy it is to be me– an unabashedly hip person drowning in a sea of lameness! Please, somebody, send some coolitude my way!

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Mazoo at 8:52PM, June 30, 2006
(offline)
Ian Jay
“hugga jugga we sound like Nickelback” crap that gets so much airplay these days. Or emo. There's a lot of emo.

You poor man. The stage I went to was sponsored by our local alternative station (it's ok, but I don't usually listen to the radio all that much anymore. They play a lot of stuff like Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy) but none of the bands tried to sound like… ugh… Nickelback. There were a few bands there that were emo, and weren't all that great, like a small one called Dearborn. But they were from Chicago, so that explains it. (ha ha)

Ian Jay
Oh, the cruel tragedy it is to be me– an unabashedly hip person drowning in a sea of lameness! Please, somebody, send some coolitude my way!

The ironic part is that that comment was a very emo-like statement. (It's alright Ian Jay, we know you're secretly emo)
Ian Jay at 8:07PM, July 1, 2006
(offline)
Mazoo
Ian Jay

The ironic part is that that comment was a very emo-like statement. (It's alright Ian Jay, we know you're secretly emo)

NO! How did I manage to reveal winter of discontent that I have so long kept pent up inside of me? How did you unlock my sorrowful heart? …But now you know. You all know. And I see there is but one course of action left for me…

I'm gonna angst on my LiveJournal about this!!!

Gnaaahhahhh!!!!! *whimper*

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Mazoo at 7:39AM, July 2, 2006
(offline)
Hahaha! Yes, go listen to your Atreyu and Panic! and take awkward pictures of yourself not looking at the camera for myspace.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved