Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Sup?
dragonestea at 6:09PM, March 4, 2011
(online)
What to tell you about me… Well, I'm male, 18 years old, and I have a webcomic that I am working on that will be appearing on this site as soon as I aquire photoshop and a tablet.It will be awesome. I hope.

I was born with dysgraphia, a disorder that affects fine motor control and makes drawing very hard and occasionally painful. This has, if anything, strengthened my resolve to pursue my lifelong dream of drawing a comic. Despite the length of time I've wanted to this, however, I've only been practicing for about a month, so you guys are gonna have to be reeeeeeally nice to my art when my comic begins it's run.

In order to get people to read a comic with art as bad as mine, I would have to be a really good writer. Thankfully, I do happen to be good at writing, although I don't have much practice at scripting. Worst case scenario I think it would take a few weeks to adjust my writing to a new medium, but hopefully it should be sufficient until my art improves.

My approach to comics is that the most imporant thing to have is deep, interesting characters and good realationships. the story should be good too, but it must be able to come to a halt for a while if it is necessary for character development. Art is not as important to me. If it were, I wouldn't be here.

I look forward to getting to know you guys a little. I have been reading several of your comics already, and the talent some of the people on this site have is pretty impressive, and I'm very much excited to put my own two cents in.
[
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Adariel at 7:19PM, March 4, 2011
(offline)
Hey wassup, this site is a home to a variety of talents. Some of which can inspire you to draw better or help you out in some areas. And a nice community to boot, so yeah.

Welcome to DD!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
ayesinback at 11:38AM, March 5, 2011
(online)
Hello dragonestea (I'm picturing a flying lizard with a cold beverage) and welcome.

I've really enjoyed DD from the first day I joined — many opportunities to be amused and to educate yourself, whether it's observing the art of others (and I agree, a lot of it is Awesome) or getting involved in the forums.

Have fun!
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon