Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Super new, super lost... aha
KaedeKarasuma at 9:53PM, July 2, 2010
(online)
Hello everyone, I'm Megan :3 or you can call me Kaede. I can't seem to shake off this stereotypical, Americanized, Japanese username that I've had since about 2005 on various sites XD but I hope you won't mind.

I have plenty of stories that I'd like to make manga, as sequential art has always fascinated me… but I have a hard time coming up with the “winning aspect” of each to finish them, so I hope being around other comic creators will motivate and inspire me somehow (without plagiarism, of course, lol.)

I don't believe I've ever been on this site before, and it's a bit confusing, but I stumbled across here a la DeviantArt because of Death Brigade. I didn't read anything in the rules against this- but this is my DeviantArt. ->http://kaedekarasuma.deviantart.com/ I don't mind friend adds! :3 Though so much of my art doesn't make it on there, and I'm not so fond of most of my art on there…. XD Fail cycle.

Anyhow! I enjoy drawing, many kinds of music, anime, videogames, long walks, papercrafting, and writing… I also have a secret love for the ocean, sailboats, and birds, shhhh don't tell anyone. >w<

Nice to meet you! <3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
blindsk at 11:55PM, July 2, 2010
(online)
It's true, DD is packed with so much content that it leaves the incoming users intimidated (speaking from experience!). If you want to start your comic, simply click on My Account on the right side of the page, scroll to the bottom, and click the Create a New Comic button. Then you can start adding your pages.

Oh, and I'm right there with you on the username. I made mine long ago back in my preteen days - now I don't even know what it means anymore!

Also…what is papercrafting?

Now is the time to throw in the customary “welcome” to DD. Enjoy your stay!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Product Placement at 9:41AM, July 3, 2010
(online)
blindsk
Helpful hints
GASP! Are you stealing my helpful hint!?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
blindsk at 12:20PM, July 3, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
GASP! Are you stealing my helpful hint!?

Oh no! You got me…but I changed one word - does that make me original?! :(
KaedeKarasuma at 5:28PM, July 3, 2010
(online)
@blindsk: That's what I thought! I mean, I only came here to read one manga, but when I explored other comics, it made me want to finally buckle down and start my own… just by looking at them, they're amazing. I think I'll enjoy it here. (:
Thanks for your tips! I'll be sure to remember them when the time finally comes to post my first pages.

I know “Kaede” means “maple leaf,” but Karasuma doesn't seem to have a meaning? I'm big into names and their meanings because of my stories, so I research them.

Papercrafting is the art of making 3D objects with cut, folded, and glued paper. I only just started, but it's so much fun, and it's so cheap to make cool figures! Like I'm doing this now: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4MUf6T4VzPw/SXSnmuP575I/AAAAAAAAF0o/g3rLzqQ_J3E/s1600-h/pokemon-vaporeon-papercraft.jpg It's a good time killer.

Thanks so much for the welcome! ^__^

And lol, side conversation… XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Product Placement at 6:04PM, July 3, 2010
(online)
You'll find that we have lots of silly side conversations around here. Don't be a stranger in the forum. We like messing with newcomers.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
blindsk at 12:09AM, July 4, 2010
(online)
KaedeKarasuma
Papercrafting is the art of making 3D objects with cut, folded, and glued paper. I only just started, but it's so much fun, and it's so cheap to make cool figures! Like I'm doing this now: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4MUf6T4VzPw/SXSnmuP575I/AAAAAAAAF0o/g3rLzqQ_J3E/s1600-h/pokemon-vaporeon-papercraft.jpg It's a good time killer.

Ah, that's awesome! You know, should you ever need filler for your upcoming comic, consider uploading pictures of your papercrafting for your readers. Little side projects are always fun to look at. Unless of course, you're taking the more serious approach and not wanting any “interrupts” in the story.

Looking forward to your stuff.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon