Debate and Discussion

Swine flu... sorry, "Mexican flu"
Product Placement at 11:35AM, May 2, 2009
(online)
You're quoting Fox news. In my opinion it's like quoting a raving lunatic on the street.

They love to attack Obama for everything he does just like they protected every action that Bush did.

Bush makes patriot laws that went against the constitution, allowing creation of “freedom zones” where protest is prohibited, torturing foreign prisoners that hadn't received any trial and wire tapping phone lines. They hailed him as a fucking savior on that channel.

Obama makes remarks that may hint future quarantines and OH NO, HE'S TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHTS!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
ifelldownthestairs at 12:56PM, May 2, 2009
(online)
martian law… nooooooooooo

heh… okay, sealab 2021's humor is a little bit more silly than nations acting like children calling each other names in regard to a fucking virus, but still this is pretty silly.

and normally i'd be inclined to laugh at kyupol, but these days conspiracy theorists have enough decent material to make me ask myself things like “do i really want to be living in this country much longer?”

now that i think of it, i wonder how expatriate numbers in 2010 would compare to 2000.
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
kyupol at 11:31PM, May 3, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
You're quoting Fox news. In my opinion it's like quoting a raving lunatic on the street.

You miss the point.

The point of that post was to illustrate how Fox News is preconditioning the public to accept martial law.

Um… your rights may be taken away… but thats to keep you safe from the evil evil virus… its ok… um… the new freedom means being locked down and quarantined… and being force vaccinated… because its to keep you safe because government loves you.

Bush makes patriot laws that went against the constitution, allowing creation of “freedom zones” where protest is prohibited, torturing foreign prisoners that hadn't received any trial and wire tapping phone lines. They hailed him as a fucking savior on that channel.

Obama makes remarks that may hint future quarantines and OH NO, HE'S TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHTS!

Bush and Obama are puppets.

Who elected:
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Henry Kissinger
- David Rockefeller
- Zbignew Brezinski
- Ben Bernanke
- etc. etc. etc.

And ever wonder why Obama backs Bush?
http://www.google.ca/search?q=obama%20backs%20bush&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&tab=nw

And why Obama doesnt pull out from Iraq? I thought he promised that in his campaign?
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/272011

Um… Its the fault of the Iraqi government that the withrawal doesnt happen. Uuugh…
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/iraq//
Inadequate Security and Political Progress in Iraq: Since the surge began, more than 1,000 American troops have died, and despite the improved security situation, the Iraqi government has not stepped forward to lead the Iraqi people and to reach the genuine political accommodation that was the stated purpose of the surge. Our troops have heroically helped reduce civilian casualties in Iraq to early 2006 levels. This is a testament to our military’s hard work, improved counterinsurgency tactics, and enormous sacrifice by our troops and military families. It is also a consequence of the decision of many Sunnis to turn against al Qaeda in Iraq, and a lull in Shia militia activity. But the absence of genuine political accommodation in Iraq is a direct result of President Bush’s failure to hold the Iraqi government accountable.

I thought Obama is there to undo all the evil Bush did? But why are they oppo-same?

Its not left vs right. Its freedom vs tyranny.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Croi Dhubh at 3:15PM, May 4, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Diseases often get named after the places they originate. This naming them after animals they originate from is a new thing compared to that.
Yep…which is where Lyme Disease got it's name…first appeared in Lyme Township.

fire1337
Whats funny about the Swine Flu is in I AM LEGEND it said there was going to be a virus in 2009.
You know that the movie is based off of “Omega Man” from like…the 60's, right?
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
isukun at 5:26PM, May 4, 2009
(online)
You miss the point.

Actually, I would have to say you're the one missing the point, kyupol. Fox news is a highly conservative news source with its own agenda. It throws around words like martial law because it knows it will get people like yourself in an uproar against someone who doesn't represent the ideals of Mr. Rupert Murdoch. They aren't trying to ease people into a state of complacency, they are trying to start a panic. The complete opposite of what they did under the Bush administration. They have a tendency to blow things way out of proportion to get people like yourselves up in arms against something relatively harmless.

Whats funny about the Swine Flu is in I AM LEGEND it said there was going to be a virus in 2009.

Nothing really prophetic about that. We seem to get some sort of virus or bacterial scare every couple of years.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Avalon comics at 2:36PM, May 7, 2009
(online)
kyupol
If government institutes mass mandatory vaccinations, I will NOT COOPERATE!

The best way to combat flu is by keeping yourself in shape through proper diet, nutrition, and exercise.

Your immune system is your friend. Vaccinations are the enemy.

link

I never had a single flu shot in my life. I've tried my best to convince family members not to take the flu shot to no avail.

And I'm the healthiest one. Haven't got a flu in years! I only get the slight cold (its not enough to make me absent from work) whenever the temperature abruptly changes.

Nice “theory”, kid but too bad H1N1 targets those with strong immune systems. Hence why it's mostly being contracted by young adult males.

Also

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:13AM
dontworrybehappy1609 at 7:08PM, May 8, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
I say let them, to people not of their area or religion it seems frivolous to avoid the word ‘pig’ but to them it's likened to saying ‘shit flu’.
And besides it is Mexico's fault this disease has spread to the point where RELIABLE NEWS CHANNELS such as FOX AND CNN are covering this crap 24/7 and japan is drowning everyone who came from Mexico with Lysol and Buddhist exorcism prayers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Croi Dhubh at 8:52PM, May 8, 2009
(offline)
Considering “shit” is slang for “feces”….
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
umbledijum at 10:20AM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
It really doesn't matter what you call it now, because it will soon be called umbledijum flu once i become RULER OF THE WORLD!!!!!MWAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved