Help, Support and Suggestions

T+ rating. What qualifies as "Mild Violence"?
Wordweaver_three at 2:13AM, Dec. 11, 2008
(online)
Does “mild violence” mean that no one dies, or just that no one dies in a bloody, gory mess? And are obscenities just the fabled “Seven words you can't say on television” or do they also include milder swear words? Is it just whatever you see on prime-time television qualifies for a T+ rating? Sorry, I just want to make sure I rate my comic correctly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
ozoneocean at 4:35AM, Dec. 11, 2008
(online)
Rating levels and descriptions here.

But you have to highlight the descriptions to see them… :(

So here they are:

Kids:
Suggested for Children. Content is not only deemed suitable for all ages, but recommended for children. This rating is subject to the discretion of DrunkDuck.com.

Everybody:
EVERYBODY. Open to everybody. Non-offensive material in text or imagery. Apropriate for children to adults.

Teens:
Content is suitable for teens or older. Mild violence, slightly mature themes. No obscenities, graphic violence, sex, or nudity.

Mature:
Content is suitable for teens or older. Mild violence, slightly mature themes. No obscenities, graphic violence, sex, or nudity.

Adult:
Content is sexually explicit, exceedingly violent, or an excess use of obscenities.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Senshuu at 8:03AM, Dec. 13, 2008
(offline)
Hmm, so I'm wondering something… not specifically about DD's ratings, but in general, what would be acceptable at “Everyone”/PG rating.

One of my comics is an Everyone comic with only a few strange parts (written of course, haven't gotten very far in the actual comic yet so no examples) when you think about it. But I'm wondering, just how much blood can go into a PG story?

'Cause…'cause sometimes people get hurt. And realistically, they would bleed.

It's not really a children's story, more like for young teens, although there's not much teenish material (just can't see kids being all over it like it was Pokemon)… so yeah.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
ozoneocean at 7:30PM, Dec. 14, 2008
(online)
I think that sounds fine for a PG rating. I tend towards leniency in my interpretations.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
harkovast at 6:29PM, Jan. 3, 2009
(online)
Look to movies as a guide.
People get killed it PG movies (equivilant to teen) all the time, they just don't dwell on it or show nasty injuries.
Harkovast is mature because the violence gets pretty hardcore from the outset, with limbs and heads coming off all over the place.
If I just had them hitting each other with swords and then falling over dead without any blood (or not mcuh blood) I could have probably got the lower rating quite easily, despite the amount of fighting.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved