Help, Support and Suggestions

Teen plus rating??
campbellim at 7:35AM, June 15, 2009
(online)
ok on the qualifications for teen plus it says no obscenities. What exactly qualifies as obscenities? if my characters say damnit would that immediately make it a mature comic? What about hell? i mean teenagers hear alot worse than this, but still what if at one point a character calls some one a bitch?
There's many things I wish I could say, if only my pride would allow me to look at you and say them all. If only i could say the words ‘I love you’
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
ozoneocean at 7:54AM, June 15, 2009
(online)
No, that's ok. It pretty much means the standard four letter words that start with F, C, S… and maybe stuff like the “N” word or any other nasty racial stuff.
You could get away with some though… But best not to

I know my comic has a T+ rating and a least one instance of obvious swearing and maybe one or two other things that don't belong. I intend to remove them when I have to time.

————
Look, the ratings aren't a mathematical, scientific standard. If you think your work is obviously ok for most teens, then give it that rating. This stuff is up to personal judgement.

We only intervene when someone is being naughty and giving themselves a rating that they really shouldn't have (like an obvious adult sex comic with an E rating), or if we get a complaint from someone; then we'll speak to the author about it.
But it's not something you should be too worried about if you've got good judgement. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
campbellim at 4:06PM, June 18, 2009
(online)
thanks for the help, i was worried i might be rating mine wrong, but now i'm not. *happy face* refuses to use emotes LOL
There's many things I wish I could say, if only my pride would allow me to look at you and say them all. If only i could say the words ‘I love you’
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved