Media Megaforum

Terminator 4: Salvation
Walrus at 3:15PM, Aug. 2, 2008
(online)
How long has it been since a terminator movie? 20 years? Hoplefully this won't ruin the trilogy, it's hard to tell because you can't make much out of it from the trailer.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
isukun at 10:55PM, Aug. 2, 2008
(online)
The third movie was 2003, so five years (six by the time it releases). It was a seven year gap between the first movie and the sequel and another twelve years before the third movie, so this one is coming out comparatively earlier than the other sequels.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
SarahN at 11:39PM, Aug. 2, 2008
(online)
Christian Bale again….am I the only one who finds him to be just a boring actor? Granted there are worse people than him….but…he's just like a less geeky Keanu Reeves in my opinion. =/

I wonder if this'll be just another cgi mess…when I saw The Dark Knight and saw this trailer, the music was really loud and cool sounding. XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
jalford at 2:57AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(online)
Where does this take place in the Terminator timeline? With T3 claiming that Judgement Day was only postponed and not deleted, and The Sarah Conner Chronicles treating it like T3 never happened, its hard to keep up with all these damn rewrites.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
ozoneocean at 3:37AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(online)
Personally I don't think the idea really has more in it than the first two movies. And even the second one was stretching it. A lot. -A Cameron idea that was good the first time and only carried on for audience demand, not because there's anything worth telling or very interesting left in the story.
SarahN
Christian Bale again….am I the only one who finds him to be just a boring actor?
He's overused for SciFi/action/Comic movies at the moment. His voice is a bit flat, but that probably because of how he thinks he should talk for those rather flat roles. :)
He's probably a decent actor really, but he's doing a Hugh Jackman and being too greedy with the big parts. People will get tired of him sooner.
Still, I suppose i's good to get as many big money parts as you can while you can. ^_^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Steely Gaze at 6:26AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(offline)
I'm not really looking forward to this. I mean, Terminator 1 was a fun, exciting sci-fi thriller with a fairly novel idea. Terminator 2 was a decent action movie with amazing special effects. Terminator 3 was…a waste. I kinda figured that Cameron did everything he possibly could with those first two movies and moved on; pity the studio hasn't.

And yet…I couldn't help but feel a little excited when I heard the Terminator theme pumping through the static in the teaser. I will take a cautious wait-and-see attitude, although at this point I'm tempted to just stick with the first two movies and pretend they never made any more.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
korosu at 7:18AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(online)
SarahN
Christian Bale again….am I the only one who finds him to be just a boring actor?
THANK you! I'm glad I found someone who agrees with me. He always talks so tight-lipped, and has no personality… I thought he was a rather odd choice for John Connor, myself.

ozoneocean
but he's doing a Hugh Jackman and being too greedy with the big parts.
Except Hugh Jackman is totally hot, so he can get away with it. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
SpANG at 8:10AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(online)
korosu
SarahN
THANK you! I'm glad I found someone who agrees with me. He always talks so tight-lipped, and has no personality… I thought he was a rather odd choice for John Connor, myself.
I'd agree with his current film choices, sure. But rent “The Prestige”. You'll see something different. ;)
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
bobhhh at 8:58AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(offline)
Well I didn't like the 3rd flick very much, but I have high hopes for number 4. First of all it's a battle movie, lot's of explosions! Second I personally like deconstructiing a myth, just like it was fun to see Miles Dyson reverse engineer the first Terminator chip which would eventually help create Skynet.

After all so much reference is made to John Connor someday defeating the machines, I'm curious to see it actually happen.

Of course I was also mildly curious to see Anakin Skywalker turn to the dark side before the first prequel came out, so ….go figure. lol!
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:30AM
ozoneocean at 9:07AM, Aug. 3, 2008
(online)
bobhhh
Of course I was also mildly curious to see Anakin Skywalker turn to the dark side before the first prequel came out, so ….go figure. lol!
That's like thinking about your conception and then actually seeing it. 0_0

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Custard Trout at 1:32PM, Aug. 3, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
Personally I don't think the idea really has more in it than the first two movies.

YES! YES! Finally. Thank you so very much Ozone.

The story, what little there was, finished at the end of the second film. Skynet was gone, completely, so the third film was a waste of good every resource that goes into making a movie.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
jalford at 1:25AM, Aug. 4, 2008
(online)
The whole 3rd movie premise was weak to begin with. How do you DELAY something like that? Shouldn't Skynet's existence be “terminated” when its future doesn't exist anymore. That's the one thing I hate about time-travel stories is they're always coming up with some bullshit new rule about it.
Hawk at 9:44AM, Aug. 4, 2008
(online)
I guess at least with this one they can do away with the idea of sending robots back in time and just use the robots currently available. That should freshen things up a bit. Also, not having Schwarzenegger. But I always wondeer why they didn't just send all their killer robots back to the same time and just have them team up. Instead they portion them out over time so that Sarah and John Conner can deal with them one at a time at important junctions in their life.

I'll pay attention and wait for the reviews on this one. I don't mind another Terminator movie if it's good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
bobhhh at 2:30PM, Aug. 4, 2008
(offline)
Hawk
I guess at least with this one they can do away with the idea of sending robots back in time and just use the robots currently available. That should freshen things up a bit. Also, not having Schwarzenegger. But I always wondeer why they didn't just send all their killer robots back to the same time and just have them team up. Instead they portion them out over time so that Sarah and John Conner can deal with them one at a time at important junctions in their life.

I'll pay attention and wait for the reviews on this one. I don't mind another Terminator movie if it's good.

I was confused because in the first movie I remember Reese saying they smashed the grid so no more time travel. and yet four more come back if you total up 2 & 3. And you can't claim they were sent back before the first terminator flix, becuase the bad Terminators in 2 & 3 are newer models.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:30AM
cartoonprofessor at 2:46AM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
What I don't get is why they didn't just send another Terminator back earlier than the first one? Why did they send them back later and later with each sequel? Or even send a ‘newer’ Terminator back to help the first? Them future Robots must be a bit dumb.

First movie was great… the only movie Shwarzynegger made in which he perfectly captured the role. (Although as Conan the Slightly-Slow-Witted Barbarian, he did ok too)

The sequels I could have happily missed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
SpANG at 9:00AM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
bobhhh
I was confused because in the first movie I remember Reese saying they smashed the grid so no more time travel. and yet four more come back if you total up 2 & 3. And you can't claim they were sent back before the first terminator flix, becuase the bad Terminators in 2 & 3 are newer models.
Unless the first t100 was an older model when it was first sent back? :P

Well, I enjoyed the crap outta T2 as well, I gotta be honest. However, T2 was totally against the other film as far as “changing the future” goes. T3 was trying to make up for it, but it was just a re-telling of T2 IMO, and not a very good one.

Terminator - We've fulfilled the prophecy for the future!
Terminator 2 - We need to try to change the future!
Terminator 3 - You can't change the future!
Terminator 4 - See? I told you so!

The Sara Conner Chronicles - Let's keep trying anyway!
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Custard Trout at 4:55PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(offline)
I liked the that they could change the future at the end of the second one. The fixed future time travel idea is so overdone.

Besides, the bad Terminator in the second film was awesome.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Hawk at 7:36PM, Aug. 8, 2008
(online)
Well, if you can't change the future, there's no point in sending Terminators back in time in the first place. The whole series of movies banks on the idea that the future CAN be changed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
mlai at 12:45AM, Aug. 9, 2008
(online)
I thought the thing with T3 was that Skynet was erased from existence, as its original confined military hardware. The Skynet in T3 is a “new” Skynet, which came into existence as a technological inevitability. Like, if you went back in time and erased Homo Sapiens, it doesn't mean another hominid species won't rise into sentience in a few millennia.

It's another “evil” AI, but it's not the original one that the original Connors fought.

Whether Skynet 2.0 is smarter and harder to defeat than Skynet 1.0, we don't know.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
jalford at 3:16AM, Aug. 16, 2008
(online)
Its interesting, cause they never covered the post-Judgement Day(either one) Earth in the Terminator franchise, minus any flashbacks or dream sequences. Why don't the humans just send a reprogrammed Terminator back to the dawn of human history to make sure we don't develop technology in the first place?
Crimsonskystudio at 10:53AM, Aug. 25, 2008
(offline)
This film, looks ok, but the problem is that it is going to just
change the story once again.
If this is about the future, and apparently kyle Reese is also in
this story arc, that will just ruin the other films.

Really the only story is in the first Terminator
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
kingofsnake at 11:56AM, Aug. 25, 2008
(online)
cartoonprofessor
What I don't get is why they didn't just send another Terminator back earlier than the first one? Why did they send them back later and later with each sequel? Or even send a ‘newer’ Terminator back to help the first? Them future Robots must be a bit dumb.

Well, if they were really smart they'd've just put the AI from the first terminator in all the subsequent models, because apparently it's so good it can defeat much more capable technology than it posesses itself.

Hawk
Well, if you can't change the future, there's no point in sending Terminators back in time in the first place. The whole series of movies banks on the idea that the future CAN be changed.

That was the point of the first Terminator. They didn't know whether or not history could be changed, but they thought it could. Then by going back in time they made history happen and actually caused John Conner to be born (no Kyle Reese = no John Conner.) Now we, the audience, know that history can't be changed, but skynet doesn't know for sure, all it knows is its robot failed. So they keep trying even though we, the audience, knows it doesn't matter. T2 and T3 (although I enjoyed them both) kinda have foregone conclusions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved