Media Megaforum

TERMINATOR SALVATION TRAILER!!!
PIT_FACE at 5:06PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
i gotta say, i'm grinnin about this a little bit!!!!
its aobut time we got this war started! if it's as good as it looks, it'll be a worthy addition to the series.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/09/must-watch-brand-new-terminator-salvation-trailer/
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Product Placement at 7:08PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(online)
Looks good. Might manage to crawl up to the pedestal where T2 stands.

I remembered, watching the old movies, when they showed small glimpses of the war it got me thinking: “Dam. I want to see that war feature length”

About time I get to see it. And no Arnold the governor either. What, he's too busy running a state?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Chernobog at 9:18PM, Dec. 21, 2008
(offline)
Although I haven't remotely liked anything Terminator related since T2, this seems promising. I'd check it out.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Custard Trout at 2:38AM, Dec. 22, 2008
(offline)
Oh great, yet another unnecessary Terminator film. The horse is not only dead, but decomposed to the point that it's no longer even recognisable as a horse, leave it alone now.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
machinehead at 3:42PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
I think it looks awesome I can't wait.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
SarahN at 4:01PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
It looks pretty interesting, at least it doesn't seem like they're puking out bad cgi every ten seconds, unless the trailer is decieving…

What I really hope is that they include a decent amount of the “classic” Terminator skeleton-ish robot and not just all these updated (aka boring) looking things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
PIT_FACE at 6:38PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
Product Placement
Looks good. Might manage to crawl up to the pedestal where T2 stands.

I remembered, watching the old movies, when they showed small glimpses of the war it got me thinking: “Dam. I want to see that war feature length”

About time I get to see it. And no Arnold the governor either. What, he's too busy running a state?

that's exactly what i thought. i cant wait to see this war!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Product Placement at 11:39PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
SarahN
What I really hope is that they include a decent amount of the “classic” Terminator skeleton-ish robot and not just all these updated (aka boring) looking things.

Well we saw few glimpses of them. I also liked those bikes. Thought it was a nice touch.

I was slightly confused with the beginning of the trailer. If T3 is part of the canon then Conner ended up in a bunker safe from the nuclear fallout. Now he's wandering around in the desert asking what year it is? What, did he get whisked to the future or something?

I like the fact that because of the T2 the war got postponed due to the setback in computer science and because of that the future go rewritten. Means that the future where we knew that Connor would win changed. It makes the possibility whether or not he wins this time more uncertain. Although this is Hollywood and the good guys always win. Still… nice touch.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
DAJB at 11:53PM, Dec. 22, 2008
(online)
Product Placement
I was slightly confused with the beginning of the trailer. If T3 is part of the canon then Conner ended up in a bunker safe from the nuclear fallout. Now he's wandering around in the desert asking what year it is? What, did he get whisked to the future or something?
I think, as with almost anything containing time travel, continuity can be taken with a pinch of salt. Every time someone goes back in time it can, supposedly, change the future. It doesn't make any sense, story-wise, but - as far as the Terminator franchise is concerned - they established that this was possible at the beginning of T3 (or, arguably, with the very premise of T1!) and have continued it through into The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

The story can therefore take as many elements as they want from the earlier films and discard anything they don't want simply by saying: “Oh, that was changed because we're on a different time-line now.” They could, for example, even change the past so much that nothing in T3 ever happened. Continuity has become an irrelevance.

Hey - maybe a few comic publishers could learn something from that!
;-)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
ozoneocean at 12:06AM, Dec. 23, 2008
(online)
Product Placement
Although this is Hollywood and the good guys always win.
And scream “Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!” when someone dies, and shout "WHO ARE YOU?" When someone does something big, and all explosions give off a LOT of fire and hardly any smoke (reverse is true with real explosions).

They'll never change. ;)

Though it is nice to see the skeleton type terminators.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
patrickdevine at 10:11AM, Jan. 10, 2009
(online)
Whenever a sequel to a movie I liked comes out I don't hold out much hope that it'll be good. I'll usually see it anyway though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
johlin at 6:16AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
I'm pretty excited. McG being the director (Charlie's Angels, We are Marshall) does worry me a little bit, but I think that might be an unfair opinion to hold so early. An example being Jon Favreau with Iron Man. ..However, my fears are exacerbated when thinking about Ratner's X3.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved