Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Thanking of starting a webcomic, need an artist, don't know if I should hold it off, ect.
The Dark Eric Draven at 9:19PM, March 21, 2011
(offline)
So, I've been wanting to write a comic ever since I was eleven and read sprite comics at a site called Arwing HQ. I've come a long way in four years, and I want to start before I lose my ideas, but at the same time I don't have an artist, nor do I have any XP in buying adspace. Not that I could since I'm only 15 and don't have a paypal account or anything like that. I've been thinking of making it my sole job…if I got an artist, I'm thinking maybe s/he could take all the profit from the comic untill I'm older and then start splitting it. I don't really know what to do, which I guess is why I'm posting here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Tim Wellman at 4:39PM, March 22, 2011
(online)
First, forget about making money, it's just not going to happen with webcomics, and it rarely happens even with print comics. Comic books are not something to do to get rich, or even get well-fed :-) At best you'll probably make more money working at McDonalds (and that goes for even pro comic artists).

That said, I think you should find an artist around your own age who also has a strong desire to create a comic. Work together, learn together. You have a lot of more experienced people on this forum who are happy to offer advise.

So, make a post in the Networking and Community Projects section for a starting artist, and just have fun with it for a while… there's plenty of time to get serious later, but enjoy what you're doing now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
The Dark Eric Draven at 7:32PM, March 24, 2011
(offline)
Oh, thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved