Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The 2009 Rant, Vent, and Share thread
subcultured at 8:00AM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
you guys filled 109 pages of ranting on the old thread. way more pages than when i made the “think positive thread”. so here's the new ranting/share thread as demanded by our lovely overlord skoolmunkee.

——-
i'm hoping this coughing will go away. im sick of making monster voices with my phlem.

http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=33461&cid=226 Previous one
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
CharleyHorse at 8:33AM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
Phlem is good for you. Phlem will set you free! Or was that Phil will make you green? I get confused.

What really makes me want to rant is that all the old Rant and Vent posts are gone. Well, not really; but it did momentarily make my lip curl. Or was that a momentary spasm from too much Christmas cheer from yesterday?

EDIT: Never mind . . . I see what happened to the old Rand and Vent thread. Yeah, it MUST have been yesterday's Christmas cheer!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Custard Trout at 9:11AM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
Nearly half the Christmas presents I ordered for family members and friends haven't turned up, and they were guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. Fuck you, British postal system.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Sea_Cow at 10:02AM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
Aw, gee, I get to be on the first page of the new rant vent thread?? Lucky me! Now for the ranting venting sharing. most of my family, including myself, could only afford to spend four or five bucks on presents for each person, and the rich side of my family just gave people money.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Skullbie at 11:20AM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
Your first post in this thread could be more explanatory for newbie members sub….

My rant is I let my cats in my room for 3 minutes and one of them peed in the corner. Like they have an entire open range toilet of dirt outside and he just had to use my fluffy clean carpet corner.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
SarahN at 12:30PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
Ooo, awesome! Fresh new rant (ect.) thread! And my first rant IS….

I have a headache.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Ochitsukanai at 1:13PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
My back has been messed up for over a week now. It would have gotten better with rest, but I ended up cleaning houses, wrapping, shopping and decorating for weeks on end. It wasn't just my own cleaning, presents, and shopping, either! It's hard even to move.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
seventy2 at 2:10PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
i had a nightmare. but the strange thing is, i wanted it to keep going. i wanted to know how it ended.

it took anything i've ever considered a ghost encounter (no matter how small) and turned them all into large events, and all of them turned evil. it was creepy. and for some reason, some of them i was tempting. like there was one in a room, that if you walked near the door, it slammed it shut before you got there. so i was camping out. and when the door would open, i would throw things at the door. trying to see if i could hit the ghost. then some man showed up, and he had me collecting blood samples from the ground by any ghost. and he brought one back to life and it moved into one of the evilest rooms…and then for some reason we had to stop the man who showed up, and my brother took me to learn latin. he spoke it with the woman who was the teacher, which is why she agreed to teach me….and then my alarm went off.

i'll never know how the story ends..
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
lba at 4:54PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
Happy rant time!

My dad decided we should go on a road trip to the Dick Blick shipping center store where they have a massive warehouse of art supplies and an area of about 5000 sq ft of stuff that on clearance because of minor defects. Not only was it probably the most awesome part of Christmas break to be like a giant kid in the world's biggest candy store, but I ended up coming away with over $300 worth of stuff for less than $90, including a roll of printing material that would normally cost me $90+ for $20, and 17 cans of good spray adhesive for a dollar a can. Then I got to come home, repair the painting that was destroyed at the gallery, which turned out to be WAY easier than I thought ( The jerk used magic marker which just washes off with soap and water!. :D ) and finish another one, which has been incredibly difficult for some reason. I'm feeling so productive and happy I think I might just stay up all night to take advantage of the energy it's giving me. 8D *starts twitching with excitement*

( Better Sub? I've added my bit of positivity to the world. )
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
JoeL_CQB at 5:29PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
i gots a speeding ticket on a bicycle…

i'm probably going to contest it in court, cause its silly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Ochitsukanai at 5:53PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
lba
Then I got to come home, repair the painting that was destroyed at the gallery, which turned out to be WAY easier than I thought ( The jerk used magic marker which just washes off with soap and water!. :D )

It's probably not even like that person actively hates what you do so much as he's a thoughtless bastard. I don't know you, but reading that post on the other rant thread seriously infuriated me. It's great that it can be fixed.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
CharleyHorse at 7:56PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(offline)
I just discovered that the last four pages of rough out sketches were taking my strip in the wrong direction and so I tore them out and threw them away. It bugs me to do that, but if I keep the rejected pages around I will get confused while continuing to rough out these gags. Arrrrgh!

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
lefarce at 10:47PM, Dec. 26, 2008
(online)
actually my real rant is all these idiot girls who put retarded glitter pictures all over their myspace profiles. Seeing some sparkling bit of visual vomit that reads “IM A BITCH AND PROUD OF IT” with some bimbo with an over sized head and pair of eyes that would make Mickey god damn Mouse scream in fear doesn't make anyone more attracted to you. In fact, BIG SHOCK, being a bitch is generally not considered a GOOD THING

oh hey lets make a fucking anagram why not

B - Beautiful
I - Intelligent
T - Talented
C - Caring
H - Hurf

if you have one of these, even just one, your little god damn “BRATZ” images poking fun at how much of a slut or asshole you are, i can fucking promise you have at most three friends, and they're probably vapid whores too

EDIT: No seriously, women wonder why most men just view them as a means to reproduce WELL THIS IS THE GOD DAMN REASON

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Croi Dhubh at 12:10AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Can't sleep…

Skullbie
Your first post in this thread could be more explanatory for newbie members sub….

My rant is I let my cats in my room for 3 minutes and one of them peed in the corner. Like they have an entire open range toilet of dirt outside and he just had to use my fluffy clean carpet corner.
Three minutes in anyone's bedroom and I've peed in the corner
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Product Placement at 2:16AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
My first rant in this thread is that there's a new thread to rant in.

What? The old one wasn't good enough for you?

Hmmh!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
notlikelytocare at 2:34AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
I recently realized I hate my own creations. It seems I've been subconsciously creating characters that I loathe… I'm decided to kill off Mike from Fridge pals. No ordinary death either(whatever is ordinary for a can of coke), I want him to suffer, I never update because I can't stand the comic, it's utter shit.

So, just to FOR ONCE end off a comic instead of letting it just stay neglected, Mike will die. I know HOW, I just don't know how I will get him there. Oddly enough, I'm sort of killing off a part of myself. I don't know why it bothers me so much, its barely even a comic. Only 22 pages, and mostly filler, but it must die. For the 3 or so of you who actually read the comic before it stopped updating, I'm sorry, but somewhere in the next few episodes, Mike will die.

This isn't a plug, I honestly could care less who reads it. I just had to get this off my chest, and this is the designated Thread.
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Aurora Borealis at 4:15AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
Good news: I finished working on the b&w version of Din Krakatau. All pages are now partially b&w/greyscale/flat grey (whatever seemed appropriate at the moment).

Bad news: I still have to verify all of them, back them up and make 300dpi tiffs. And then all the extra pages (cover, title/credit pages, chapter title pages, and for both versions too, argh.)

Good news: I have met someone and she seems great, a perfect match to my kinky side (skipping the details, this isn't the place for that kind of stuff, haha).

Bad news: She lives in Canada, so it'll be a couple of months before I can scrape enough ticket money to meet her.

Good news: I managed not to get my internet cut off before christmas.

Bad news: I have only about 2 weeks to scrape enough funds to pay for that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
bravo1102 at 6:53AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Extra holiday work hours. Time and a half. But…

I have no time to work up anything for the comic except to endlessly edit the script. I set up my studio to do more shots, but have I decided what to do next? No, instead I decided to clean out my closet and sell my collection of 1/35th scale armor models.

In the choice between spending money and comic… spending money wins, of course so I can get more accessories for the comic. :)

I also decided to completely revamp the map of my world. Sheesh. Anything not to shoot more scenes. Why oh why didn't I just draw the damn thing!

Edit: I just found out that my post was the last one in the old Rant thread. I feel special that after all my years of marriage I finally got the last word in somewhere. :)

Why did I only meet a series of beautiful, friendly women who think I'm a wonderful guy after I got married? (to a beautiful woman who worships me, but still the number of gorgeous young women out there who think I'm great. Repeat mantra: I'm a married man, I'm a married man…)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
skoolmunkee at 8:12AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Don't be sad the old rant thread is gone. This is the improved version! Because you can share general stuff or put positive things here too. :)

My utilities bills are gonna be pretty high this month, I've been running the washer, dryer, dishwasher, and bath more than usual, haha. That's ok, once it's January it's back to an 18-degree thermostat and once-weekly showers. I bought myself lots of lovely Lush bath crumbles and bombs and want to use them. :)

OK I was lying about the once-weekly showers.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
skoolmunkee at 8:28AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
seventy2

Clearly the ending is ‘and then I woke up, and it was all a dream….’

You know, like 80's TV.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Ozoneocean at 8:43AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
I've been running the washer, dryer, dishwasher, and bath more than usual, haha.
That's because you're such a dirty girl. ;)

…not the kind that smells like poop though…

Rant…
I haven't updated in forever. The comic page has been basically done for weeks now, but I've just been adding little bits and pieces too it, not really wanting to finish. Maybe I should just do the damn update tomorrow? Quietest day of the week for updates, but it doesn't matter since I haven't done one in so long. :(

And people keep doing Google searches for me and my comic all of a sudden, way more than usual… Maybe someone is actually missing my comic? I wonder why they don't just e-mail or something???
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
seventy2 at 9:27AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
seventy2

Clearly the ending is ‘and then I woke up, and it was all a dream….’

You know, like 80's TV.

but that requires a crappy ending, or a failed budget…..
————

i have no sympathy for someone who didnt heed warnings…i mean, if you're poking me, and i say “dont do that” technically you should stop. if you keep doing it, and i say “dont do that again, you get one more warning, and then i punch you in the face” well, you shoulda stopped the time before. if you keep do it, i'll say “this is your last warning or you will be punched in the face” and then i punch them in the face. you shouldnt give sympathy to the person who just got punched in the face.

i know that's a small scale to compare to say….countries. but i feel the same way. and now one country has done just that to another, and the press is “unbiased” towards the attacked country. i dislike that. their job is to report straight facts. not “find” teddy bears in rubble that are clean.
sigh. i hate the press in america.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Ozoneocean at 9:39AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
seventy2
if you keep do it, i'll say “this is your last warning or you will be punched in the face” and then i punch them in the face. you shouldnt give sympathy to the person who just got punched in the face.
…It's not quiiiiiite like that… Not when you're talking about countries. ;)

That's more like "quit poking me or I'll hit you in the face, your kids, your neighbour down the street who you don't know and all his kids and all their neighbours as well BECAUSE I FREAKING DON'T GIVE A FLYING CRAP AS LONG AS I GET MY FREAKING REVENGE ON SOMEONE FOR… poking me… yeah… something."

The press needs tedybears in order to try and give things a human face and give people a proper sense of perspective, not thinking about hundreds of real human lives and families, little children and their pets… in terms of two morons poking each other.
lol!

I hate it when people lose perspective.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Bittenbymonk at 9:57AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Judas Priest, Megadeth and Testament are touring the uk, and I was too late to get tickets.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
subcultured at 11:08AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
a girl i liked for months and have been good friends with, like some guy…i think. bleh.

hate feeling like this.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Sea_Cow at 11:29AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
lefarce
actually my real rant is all these idiot girls who put retarded glitter pictures all over their myspace profiles. Seeing some sparkling bit of visual vomit that reads “IM A BITCH AND PROUD OF IT” with some bimbo with an over sized head and pair of eyes that would make Mickey god damn Mouse scream in fear doesn't make anyone more attracted to you. In fact, BIG SHOCK, being a bitch is generally not considered a GOOD THING

oh hey lets make a fucking anagram why not

B - Beautiful
I - Intelligent
T - Talented
C - Caring
H - Hurf

if you have one of these, even just one, your little god damn “BRATZ” images poking fun at how much of a slut or asshole you are, i can fucking promise you have at most three friends, and they're probably vapid whores too

EDIT: No seriously, women wonder why most men just view them as a means to reproduce WELL THIS IS THE GOD DAMN REASON

No. The reason why I view women as means to reproduce is because women are means to reproduce.

Also, rant. I just started liking the band Muse when I learned that one of their songs was used in a certain shit movie about vampires. You know the one I'm talking about. Record companies, have you no shame??
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
Skullbie at 11:45AM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
I haven't updated in forever. The comic page has been basically done for weeks now, but I've just been adding little bits and pieces too it, not really wanting to finish. Maybe I should just do the damn update tomorrow?

You can always add more to it after you upload it(upload it again, etc), that's what i do. No one notices the changes or anything tho lol. ——–

I got these skullcandy headphones, they are unbelievably neat looking upclose but they hurt my ears when i put them on –_–

I really wanted the rasta ones but….oh well
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Lonnehart at 1:14PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
rant, eh? well…

Playing a Mage in WoW is frustrating! I was invited to a few groups who asked me to conjure water for them, only to be booted out of the group once they got what they wanted. And people ask me why I don't like groups…

Car's front wheel bearing broke in two, and I had to pay for towing. On top of that $80 fee I have to pay over $300 in parts; a new hub and a new bearing. One of these days I'm going to throw the shattered ball bearings at the Fates…

eh.. and my brother got me some weird earphones that I have to actually stuff into my ear… O_O
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Custard Trout at 2:59PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
I really wanted the rasta ones but….oh well

My brother has a pair of those. There's a bottle opener hidden in them.

—–

For some reason, I am compelled to inform you all that I'm writing this while on the toilet. Technology is amazing, is it not?
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
JoeL_CQB at 3:25PM, Dec. 27, 2008
(online)
i have the ones that crush your skull.

i've broken 2 of them. hurray for lifetime warranties!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon